Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

New time for Pre-match conference

Looks like Dean Smith is an early bird - today’s pre-match conference is at 9.

Early pointer that all players fit other than Zimbo, even Byram is about to play a half for the u23 side tonight.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just an extra thought if they can get and keep Byram fit there is the potential we could play max a little further forward 

7 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Just an extra thought if they can get and keep Byram fit there is the potential we could play max a little further forward 

Especially as we dont have many natural wingers in our squad... 😉

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

I’d have thought if Sam can stay fit we’d more likely sell Max and get some funds for a January ‘push’.  But who knows.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How could you do this when you all know full well I make these thread.. rude😉

You’ve been fired cc lol 

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

I’d have thought if Sam can stay fit we’d more likely sell Max and get some funds for a January ‘push’.  But who knows.  

That too 

26 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I think keeping Bryam fit is a massive ask. Especially at this level. Too much of a risk to rely on if we sold Aarons. Bryam was excellent but I think he might well be a super sub from now on. 

• Like 1

Is Byram getting close to the end of his contract at NCFC.  Three years would have been a sensible contract duration given fitness worries.  Getting back to fitness gives Sam the opportunity of earning a new contract.  Seems like a similar pathway as to the resolution of another sicknote we got from West Ham, Matt Jarvis played briefly and suffered numerous injuries after signing.  Matt at the end of his contract signed for a lower league for whom he played for a brief period.  Is the same happening with Byram.

If Jarvis or Byram would decide to call it a day not try to carry on and then apply for an insurance payout from City's insurers for injury ending their career. Does this benefit City from getting compo for injured players being unavailable to play from the same insurance?

At least City will get some financial bonus on the fees paid for injured players.  

3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

I think keeping Bryam fit is a massive ask. Especially at this level. Too much of a risk to rely on if we sold Aarons. Bryam was excellent but I think he might well be a super sub from now on. 

To be fair Mumba has looked very solid anytime hes played. Much as I hate to say it if I had to predict the next player we will sell I do feel it will be Max, more so if its one of the many top six big clubs we know are interested in him

• Like 1

I don't really see Max going in January to fund a big transfer spend. It's not really how we operate. We do our recruitment in the summer.

1 or 2 additions might happen but I wouldn't expect 4 or 5. 

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Nothing better to talk about ?

Don’t think so. What did you have for lunch?