Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Who is your favourite current City player?

Who is your favourite current City player?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite current City player?

• Krul
    • Lees-Melou
    • Tzolis
    • Aarons
    • Pukki
    • Gibson
    • Hanley
    • Zimmermann
    • Kabak
    • Williams
    • McClean
    • Giannoulis
    • Omobamidele
    • Rupp
    • Gilmour
    • Dowell
    • Sargent
    • Cantwell
    • Normann
    • Rashica

13 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Had to leave a few out unfortunately as only allowed 20 options

Lungi just can't buy a start, can he? 😉

They're not as accessible as they used to be (more professional I guess) so you don't get a feeling of their personality etc.

Having said that I'd probably go for Cantwell for all the **** he has to put up with.

20 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

They're not as accessible as they used to be (more professional I guess) so you don't get a feeling of their personality etc.

In Tzolis's case we've barely seen him play lol.

• Haha 1

Can't look past the GOAT, although Timmy Krul is a close second 

1 hour ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Having said that I'd probably go for Cantwell for all the **** he has to put up with.

Yeah this did make me think I'm not that attached to anyone in this squad outside of maybe Krul and Pukki. 

Aarons and Cantwell are both talents but I'm not expecting them to be here much longer. 

Omo has the potential to become a huge favourite though.

• Like 1

I went for Pukki because of his record over several years. He has never let us down, he is loyal without being a toady, and he works for the good of the team. Goal scorers like him are often very selfish, but he will always try to find a team mate if that player is in a better position rather than go for glory himself. He has been a fantastic servant to the club since his arrival.

An honorable mention for Max, about whom much of the same could be said: a young man who has kept his feet on the ground and hasn't let his high reputation go to his head.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, vlad666 said:

4CA30A99-EB31-4F1B-98B3-2A8F423837DD.jpeg

I wrote that on my voting slip at the last General Election. It made me feel better at the time but it made no difference. I still think we should all do it and shame them into cleaning up their act. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I wrote that on my voting slip at the last General Election. It made me feel better at the time but it made no difference. I still think we should all do it and shame them into cleaning up their act. 

I genuinely believe it should be an option that is available on the voting slip.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I genuinely believe it should be an option that is available on the voting slip.............

They'll never do that because they know 'None of the Above' would win easily.

Pukki, Krul, Mclean, and Hanley have been the spine of the team for a while, even if they have there failings.  The younger players are exciting, and Aaron's in particular has been loyal and professional, it probably the fact we expect him to leave which means he gets a little less love than he deserves.  Normann is doing well but has only been here for a short time, yet he already has added to that core spine, give it 10 more games and I may well have vote for him.   

OTBC

13 hours ago, All the Germans said:

It's a shame that I don't really have one. At a push Pukki or Krul but not even them really.

Went for Normann as he’s looked like he has the fire & the skill we need at this level & in this situation, despite on the face of it being a ‘foreign star’ type. Love Krul and Pukki as ever but they just can’t shine in this league at the moment, being at the extreme ends of the pitch which suffer the most when the team gets  battered around every week.

Other past favourites have departed (Stiepermann/Mario/Klose/Emi), gone off the boil (McLean/Rupp), rightly been loaned away (Onel), not paying & lost some respect (Zimbo/Todd), and so on.