pete

Todd in training today

Todd may get on the bench but unlikely he'll start. 

Actually, I'd be surprised if he starts Gilmour yet either. 

Time will tell I suppose 

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Todd may get on the bench but unlikely he'll start. 

Actually, I'd be surprised if he starts Gilmour yet either. 

Time will tell I suppose 

Given that Billy has been playing international football and starting for his country I think he’s got more chance of going straight in. Be interesting to see the first team sheet that Smith puts out, that’s for sure!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Given that Billy has been playing international football and starting for his country I think he’s got more chance of going straight in. Be interesting to see the first team sheet that Smith puts out, that’s for sure!

Gilmour did limp off in pain for Scotland mind

I’m not a believer that Todd and Gilmour are the answer, but good to see Todd back in contention.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

What's the question?

What players / formation will save us from relegation

26 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Cantwell scores goals, somebody has to if we are to have a chance of staying up. 

33 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I would imagine it will be unchanged with Todd and wee Billy on the bench.

I'm not sure. Two week break, new manager, I would imagine any genuine momentum from that win is probably gone, but hopefully it has been more than replaced by new momentum thanks to the introduction of a new manager! Expecting to see a couple of changes at least.

If you play a 4-2-3-1 then easy to accommodate both in the line up, 

Krull

Aarons, Hanley Omobamdele, Williams 

Normann - Sorensen 

Rashica - Gilmour - Cantwell

Pukki.

Thats a very balanced team with two solid players behind that three.

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, WD40 said:

The players that are here without a doubt. I trust in Dean Smith to get the team fired up and start playing like a team full of confidence. The New Beginning  starts now

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indy said:

If you play a 4-2-3-1 then easy to accommodate both in the line up, 

Krull

Aarons, Hanley Omobamdele, Williams 

Normann - Sorensen 

Rashica - Gilmour - Cantwell

Pukki.

Thats a very balanced team with two solid players behind that three.

Ohh for god sake. Sorenson is completely unproven, that doesn't make him bad, but we haven't seen enough of him at this level to call him 'solid' yet.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Ohh for god sake. Sorenson is completely unproven, that doesn't make him bad, but we haven't seen enough of him at this level to call him 'solid' yet.

Yes but I’m struggling to justify McLean or Lees as both haven’t really shown any premiership quality either! Just put Sorensen in as he’s just got more defensive brain and game in that two holding midfield. Nothing more. also it’s a team which won’t start, but making a point that we could accommodate both in the same starting 11 IMO.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

Training and match fitness are two completely different things though, if he's fit enough he'll be in the squad as he's one of our best attackers.

As for Gilmour, he's said his first focus is to tighten up the defence, not sure Gilmour offers much of that sadly

• Like 1

A 42211 Will be able to utilise Cantwell to set up Pukki with precise passes.

Defence of Max, Omo, Gibbo, Williams

Midfeild Defensive Normann & Gilmour

Midfeild Attacking Rashica Right & Tzolis Left

No 10 Todd

Striker Pukki

That'll beat Saints and Wolves.  Left sided attacker needs to be decided.  Could be Todd with third option in defensive midfield. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Yes but I’m struggling to justify McLean or Lees as both haven’t really shown any premiership quality either! Just put Sorensen in as he’s just got more defensive brain and game in that two holding midfield. Nothing more. also it’s a team which won’t start, but making a point that we could accommodate both in the same starting 11 IMO.

I think that's harsh on PLM who has quite consistently been one of our better midfielders when he's played.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think that's harsh on PLM who has quite consistently been one of our better midfielders when he's played.

Possibly a tad harsh, and I’d put him in ahead of McLean any day, but like others I’d like to see just how good Sorensen is in that holding role, Omobamdele was pushed into use and shows that’s given the chance some do make that step up. I don’t think Sorensen done much wrong when forced into playing right back, looking assured on the ball and can make the tackle. Yes he wasn’t perfect but wasn’t his natural position. Just making a case with a new coach in place.

27 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He would have been anyway.

So you keep saying but yet to prove that point. No doubt we will get a few lines of bluster without any source or link provided.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Indy said:

Possibly a tad harsh, and I’d put him in ahead of McLean any day, but like others I’d like to see just how good Sorensen is in that holding role, Omobamdele was pushed into use and shows that’s given the chance some do make that step up. I don’t think Sorensen done much wrong when forced into playing right back, looking assured on the ball and can make the tackle. Yes he wasn’t perfect but wasn’t his natural position. Just making a case with a new coach in place.

It was left back wasn’t it?

Why are we going back to arguing the case on yet another thread when it’s time to move on? Cantwell back in training hopefully we will have a fit and motivated squad to pick from and no excuses for anything but a good performance this Saturday!

• Like 1

Just now, Nuff Said said:

It was left back wasn’t it?

Indeed, 👍 

6 hours ago, WD40 said:

I’m not a believer that Todd and Gilmour are the answer, but good to see Todd back in contention.

I disagree, todd has the creativity we have badly missed under farke. Maybe smith can get the others playing to full potential and the  ew manager bounce maybe? Still think todd is the answer

Watching the videos put out today, notable it was a bit less tippy tappy and they actually spent some time drilling the defence to defend crosses. I appreciate we only get a tiny snapshot and we never get to see the full extent of what they do (or did under Farke) but I did like seeing Smith barking “stop the cross” and “what’s your job” at the defenders.

Aww! Todd’s in training

Even on 15k a week ! Yes obscene - that’s like a hospital porters yearly wage

Bimbo - get back to work!