Sign in to follow this  
pete

Martin gets on at last and then he's off

Josh Martin finally got a start with MK Dons which ended prematurely when sent off in 45 mins.

Was hoping Josh was going to develop into creative midfielder see goal set up for Pukki at Stoke last season.  Move to MK will see his career go in reverse. 

Cant help but feel he might have been used by his namesake a little more before his last minute switch to Swansea. I wonder if Norwich might look to engineer a move to another side if he still hasn't had a look in for them properly by january. 

30 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Cant help but feel he might have been used by his namesake a little more before his last minute switch to Swansea. I wonder if Norwich might look to engineer a move to another side if he still hasn't had a look in for them properly by january. 

I do imagine that Martin would have favoured him, or at least given him minutes due to the Norwich connection, and presumably a decent knowledge of young Martin. Maybe we can get him to take him back at Swansea!

3 hours ago, birchfest said:

Almost certainly, as the new gaffer plays wingback and not wingers. 

4 hours ago, birchfest said:

Lend him to Chelsea then ring them up in a couple of weeks to tell them we're picking their team. Sorted.

• Haha 1

The change of manager at MK Dons hasn't helped Josh at all. Allied to that he has found himself behind Scott Twine in the pecking order. I've mentioned Twine on here before - I was really surprised that he went to a League 1 club when he left Swindon - really thought he would go to a Championship team at least. 

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The change of manager at MK Dons hasn't helped Josh at all. Allied to that he has found himself behind Scott Twine in the pecking order. I've mentioned Twine on here before - I was really surprised that he went to a League 1 club when he left Swindon - really thought he would go to a Championship team at least. 

You could say you mentioned Twine in a separate 'thread'. 

• Haha 1

Sometimes the negative loan moves work out for the best. Recently read the Athletic piece on Kane and how after he failed to make an impact with us & then Leicester, came back a changed man determined not to waste his potential.

That being said, haven't heard much of Omotoye since loaning to Swindon and Orient...

6 hours ago, RobertRosariosBeefTomatoes said:

You could say you mentioned Twine in a separate 'thread'. 

😂😅🙃

Very good point. Open goal well and truly missed (just keeping Josh Sargent company 🙂 )