Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Normann couldn't get a kick at Brighton at 23...

... and that's my answer to the various naysayers who are dismissing Sorenson as having insufficient ability to play at Premier League level, without seeing him kick a ball in this league.

With all players benefiting from a clean slate under Smith, I really fancy Sorenson to be one who benefits and forces his way into the side, whenever I've seen him play he looks like has loads of time on the ball, a sign of a really good player. 

• Like 4

I suspect it's because he lacks a bit of speed and athleticism. I agree he looked very good in the Championship on the odd occasion he played in CM because teams were penned back and he could help dictate play. But I worry a bit about him playing in a frenetic league like this where games often go back and forward like basketball matches and I worry he might end up being a bit of a passenger. 

I'm basing that off of very little evidence though because we've hardly seen him play there, I'm just trying to think why farke never gave him a chance. Unlike the other holding midfielder's he didn't rate or were reluctant to play we know Sorensen can pass

Are there that many naysayers? I feel like every time I come on this forum it's inundated with people calling on him to play.

Personally I thought he looked great last year. Seemed smart, unhurried and good positionally. But I think this is also likely to be true.

11 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

he lacks a bit of speed and athleticism

But, as you say, TVB, he's young and full of promise. At the very least, it's not hard to see him doing a very good job at CDM in the Champs next season if that's what it comes to.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

... and that's my answer to the various naysayers who are dismissing Sorenson as having insufficient ability to play at Premier League level, without seeing him kick a ball in this league.

With all players benefiting from a clean slate under Smith, I really fancy Sorenson to be one who benefits and forces his way into the side, whenever I've seen him play he looks like has loads of time on the ball, a sign of a really good player. 

Yeah I completely agree , I think he will suprise a few people , not me though , Smith will access him in training and think why was this guy not in the team.😄

To me he looked composed, comfortable and capable with the ball. His slightly ponderous appearance belies an easy , calm confidence. Tidy tackler. Tidy passer. Decent with his head. Is he fast and aggressive  enough?.....only one way  to find out. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

This doesn't make any sense.

Since Brighton, Normann's played regularly for 2-3 seasons and picked up a bunch of international caps. 

Are you suggesting that Sorenson might be Prem class with another 2-3 years of development, regular first team football, and double digit international caps? Perhaps

Does this have any bearing whatsoever on his ability now? No

-----

Harry Kane couldn't hit a barn door at Leicester at 21 and that's my answer to the various naysayers who are dismissing Sargent as having insufficient ability to play at Premier League level, without seeing him score a goal in this league.

Edited by kirku

Kane could hit barn door during his spell at city provided the barn door was not anywhere near the goal. 

22 minutes ago, pete said:

Kane could hit barn door during his spell at city provided the barn door was not anywhere near the goal. 

And that's all the proof you need that Sargent will blossom into a 25 goal a year striker, apparently

On 17/11/2021 at 13:19, TeemuVanBasten said:

I did wonder if Sorensen might be back in consideration. I've no idea why he wasnt at least given an opportunity, given how poorly others were playing. Can only think Farke just didnt rate him. That may well be bang on the money and Smith may not use him either and move him on. But might he be one to 'do a Lappin'?