43 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

While Smith and Jones sit in the driving seat at CR nothing will change. It's just the same old same old every time just with a different spin on 'lack of ambition' and 'I saved the club'.

The best we can hope for from Dean Smith is that he does his best under the circumstances and wish him luck in his efforts.

A bit like your posts?

11 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

All I read from the interview was she was at a wine and food event, her two favourite things!

So NCFC is neither her favourite nor second favourite thing?!? Club’s a joke etc. etc.

Also, where does Michael feature on her list?

1 hour ago, BroadstairsR said:

It's not a difficult decision to work out:

Are we as Canary supporters content to always be the paupers of the top league (s) and yo-yo between the two until the day the impoverishment finally catches up with us and deterioration sets in?

Do we admire the self-funding model for what it is and accept the brickbats and humiliations involved as a part of the deal?

OR: Do we turn on the current exponents and aspire to take that thorny road to heaven, knowing full well that could turn out to be a hell provided by a devil in disguise.

It's a difficult decision to make, though, but one that does seem to require some prominence right now.

I've turned quite strongly against the Delia model (let's not beat around the bush with any other fancy labels) having been more or less on that swaying fence for some time.

Who knows though? The events of last week might have brought her a life-line, and I'll then need more glue.

NN reckons I've become obsessed with her, but I'm not quite there yet. However, I am preparing to release my (obsessively written) poem about the old girl should that day arrive in the near future.

You've missed out option 3 there bud. Our model is actually ahead of the curve, the financial predicament that the majority of championship and below teams are in means that we are in a great position whenever we get relegated, we just need a couple of the 'established' teams to get relegated and not bounce straight back up and then they likely enter a death spiral back to mediocrity with us on prime position to take their long term place at the trough....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

So NCFC is neither her favourite nor second favourite thing?!? Club’s a joke etc. etc.

Also, where does Michael feature on her list?

Not a clue, gave me a good giggle though

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

You've missed out option 3 there bud. Our model is actually ahead of the curve, the financial predicament that the majority of championship and below teams are in means that we are in a great position whenever we get relegated, we just need a couple of the 'established' teams to get relegated and not bounce straight back up and then they likely enter a death spiral back to mediocrity with us on prime position to take their long term place at the trough....

Sort of dead club’s boots, like dead man’s shoes?

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

Nah! We'll still yo-yo.

It's all we know.

8 hours ago, shefcanary said:

What precisely does this mean?  There was a similar hint in discussions last week as well. 🤔

"It's an uphill struggle when there's so much money around," Delia said. "The challenge for us is to do it anyway so watch this space."

It could not possibly be a change from the no investment + pauper nephew plan because if there was such a development then the striking dumb of a high percentage of posters here would be biblical in its scale.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, crab man said:

what utter tripe, she sat there with a face like a slapped a*** for 90 minutes. pack ya bags Delia it's time to pass the baton.

Been plenty of our fans on here who's faces are no doubt "like a slapped a*** for 90minutes." but I guess that's different right?

Perhaps, like a good number of our former managers, she sees them for the humans they are and really doesn't like to see it not work out for them.

Either way, one freezeframe, one image, doesn't ever tell the entire truth, or truth at all. It is true that a picture can paint a thousand words, but those words are up to the beholder and their bias. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

I'm confused. What links Delia to the General and Municipal Boilermakers exactly?

Don't know....but it's certainly riveting stuff.......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Don't know....but it's certainly riveting stuff.......

She's been immersed in the GMB for too long now. She needs to switch off and focus her time(r)on the club. It's pretty elementary.

11 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

"It's a wonderful thing that he won the match because he was able to turn to the supporters and have that cheering on his last game for Norwich," Delia added.

"That was very opportune and what we were all hoping and praying for."

image.png.cd86298830e0603fd20113b8423440aa.png

We believe you Delia. 

Sad world isn’t it when someone in a high profile position answers a question and regardless of what comes out of their mouth, some absolutely saddos on social media have to ridicule it or rip it to pieces!    

Perhaps she was just being genuine and honest.   This forum is becoming toxic, far too many clueless idiots spouting negativity without knowledge or understanding of the facts!   

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Sad world isn’t it when someone in a high profile position answers a question and regardless of what comes out of their mouth, some absolutely saddos on social media have to ridicule it or rip it to pieces!    

Perhaps she was just being genuine and honest.   This forum is becoming toxic, far too many clueless idiots spouting negativity without knowledge or understanding of the facts!   

Politely disagree with you based on the facts and timing of the sacking. Hardly toxic and relatively reserved opinions which are clearly opposite to what you believe. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Politely disagree with you based on the facts and timing of the sacking. Hardly toxic and relatively reserved opinions which are clearly opposite to what you believe. 

What facts exactly?   
She was answering questions in an interview… fact!    That’s all she was doing, why did you feel the need to be so dismissive of her intentions and how much are you in the know to suggest she is lying!    She seems a genuine enough person who runs a football club and she’s not ruthless like most owners, pretty understandable it would have been difficult to sack Daniel!   She would have felt sad about what was about to happen after the match, they all would have been hence appearing glum! 

They can’t win, many were clamouring for Farke’s sacking and having made that decision when exactly would have been good ‘timing’?   As it turned out, the timing was perfect! Fact!   They weren’t to know it but us winning meant he left in a better place!   

Far too many idiot opinions, based on whim, not fact, absolutely nothing but what people want to believe.   Fact! 

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

What facts exactly?   
She was answering questions in an interview… fact!    That’s all she was doing, why did you feel the need to be so dismissive of her intentions and how much are you in the know to suggest she is lying!    She seems a genuine enough person who runs a football club and she’s not ruthless like most owners, pretty understandable it would have been difficult to sack Daniel!   She would have felt sad about what was about to happen after the match, they all would have been hence appearing glum! 

They can’t win, many were clamouring for Farke’s sacking and having made that decision when exactly would have been good ‘timing’?   As it turned out, the timing was perfect! Fact!   They weren’t to know it but us winning meant he left in a better place!   

Far too many idiot opinions, based on whim, not fact, absolutely nothing but what people want to believe.   Fact! 

Fact is I’m tired but believe your so wrong. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Fact is I’m tired but believe your so wrong. 

So typical!    Go on, back up your contribution, only raised a couple of questions…

why did you feel the need to be so dismissive of her intentions and how much are you in the know to suggest she is lying! 

particularly interested to know this one ….when exactly would have been good ‘timing’?

Got another one…..     why am I so wrong!    Justify your point otherwise it has no value!      

21 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

So typical!    Go on, back up your contribution, only raised a couple of questions…

why did you feel the need to be so dismissive of her intentions and how much are you in the know to suggest she is lying! 

particularly interested to know this one ….when exactly would have been good ‘timing’?

Got another one…..     why am I so wrong!    Justify your point otherwise it has no value!      

I’m certainly not a fan of hers and haven’t been for a while. I’ll get back to you after toast and boiled eggs in the morning (recipe from her book obviously) Sleep well yourself my friend. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow