What precisely does this mean?  There was a similar hint in discussions last week as well. 🤔

"It's an uphill struggle when there's so much money around," Delia said. "The challenge for us is to do it anyway so watch this space."

What utter bollox that woman speaks! If you were hoping Farke would win the game why did you have a face that told otherwise during the game! 😡

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What utter bollox that woman speaks! If you were hoping Farke would win the game why did you have a face that told otherwise during the game! 😡

Someone's speaking utter bollox, but it's not Delia........................

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Her comments sound really jaded. Almost like the Farke football is as good as it gets for her and paying lip service to Dean Smith joining. That’s my take anyway. 

"It's a wonderful thing that he won the match because he was able to turn to the supporters and have that cheering on his last game for Norwich," Delia added.

"That was very opportune and what we were all hoping and praying for."

We believe you Delia.

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

what utter tripe, she sat there with a face like a slapped a*** for 90 minutes. pack ya bags Delia it's time to pass the baton.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"BOOO DELIA NEVER SHOWS HER FACE WHEN THINGS ARE GOING BADLY"

*Delia shows her face when things are going badly*

"YEAH BUT WE DONT BELIEVE WHAT SHE SAYS"

In which case, why the f*ck moan about her not showing her face in the first place? I get some people struggle to accept a woman being more successful than themselves but jesus wept.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In which case, why the f*ck moan about her not showing her face in the first place? I get some people struggle to accept a woman being more successful than themselves but jesus wept.

Calm down. Maybe it’s because some don’t believe her especially regarding her comments on Farke. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I understand that you are a Delia fan and like to defend her, but I don't think merging everybody's viewpoints into one strawman does you any favours.

Of course, I can't speak for anybody else, but I am full of admiration for women (and people in general) who have achieved a great deal in life. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect those in leadership roles to accept responsibility and show some sort of consistency when speaking on behalf of the club though.

I really need to try and watch the GMB segment in full, but I have got to say that I was absolutely appalled by how the sacking of Farke was handled and implemented, and really made me question whether the board are quite as selfless with regards to the club as is made out at times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Calm down. Maybe it’s because some don’t believe her especially regarding her comments on Farke. 

Yeah, because you're notoriously right with this stuff

On 07/11/2021 at 21:32, Midlands Yellow said:

And Delia will be kissing his/her behind and giving interviews about how much she loves them. When someone’s sacked though there will be nothing. 

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

I understand that you are a Delia fan and like to defend her, but I don't think merging everybody's viewpoints into one strawman does you any favours.

Of course, I can't speak for anybody else, but I am full of admiration for women (and people in general) who have achieved a great deal in life. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect those in leadership roles to accept responsibility and show some sort of consistency when speaking on behalf of the club though.

I really need to try and watch the GMB segment in full, but I have got to say that I was absolutely appalled by how the sacking of Farke was handled and implemented, and really made me question whether the board are quite as selfless with regards to the club as is made out at times.

I was pretty specific who I was referring to. Those who criticise Delia for never speaking or facing public when things aren't going well, who continue to criticise when she then does. It's non-sensical.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I was pretty specific who I was referring to. Those who criticise Delia for never speaking or facing public when things aren't going well, who continue to criticise when she then does. It's non-sensical.

Fair enough. Not worth responding to people who argue in bad faith and just want to manipulate events to meet their pre-existing opinions IMO, but you are brave for doing so

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, because you're notoriously right with this stuff

It’s hardly a ‘Let’s explain why my favourite manager ever was sacked’ exclusive. it’s predictable and contrived with a big fat lie thrown in. 

Nobody wears a constant smile, only those with too much plastic surgery. She looks like that in the pic because she's 80. When you get old the collagen in your face has pretty much all broken down so your face sags and you look miserable, have you lot never seen an old person before? 

Might start a separate thread on it, but Matt Slater in the Athletic wrote a piece "The Championship is for Sale" detailing the fairly dire state of the finances of the Championship clubs.

35 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s hardly a ‘Let’s explain why my favourite manager ever was sacked’ exclusive. it’s predictable and contrived with a big fat lie thrown in. 

Presumably you’d prefer us to have the owners of Newcastle or Citeh? Who are never off the media telling us what they’ve done and why.

It's not a difficult decision to work out:

Are we as Canary supporters content to always be the paupers of the top league (s) and yo-yo between the two until the day the impoverishment finally catches up with us and deterioration sets in?

Do we admire the self-funding model for what it is and accept the brickbats and humiliations involved as a part of the deal?

OR: Do we turn on the current exponents and aspire to take that thorny road to heaven, knowing full well that could turn out to be a hell provided by a devil in disguise.

It's a difficult decision to make, though, but one that does seem to require some prominence right now.

I've turned quite strongly against the Delia model (let's not beat around the bush with any other fancy labels) having been more or less on that swaying fence for some time.

Who knows though? The events of last week might have brought her a life-line, and I'll then need more glue.

NN reckons I've become obsessed with her, but I'm not quite there yet. However, I am preparing to release my (obsessively written) poem about the old girl should that day arrive in the near future.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

"It's a wonderful thing that he won the match because he was able to turn to the supporters and have that cheering on his last game for Norwich," Delia added.

"That was very opportune and what we were all hoping and praying for."

image.png.cd86298830e0603fd20113b8423440aa.png

We believe you Delia. 

I'm glad our owners have some compassion, they were just about to deliver the metaphorical axe blow to someone they would have worked closely with for 4.5 years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Might start a separate thread on it, but Matt Slater in the Athletic wrote a piece "The Championship is for Sale" detailing the fairly dire state of the finances of the Championship clubs.

Thanks, I’ve just read it and it is very interesting, a separate thread is a good idea. Praise for Luton as the only self-financing club in the Championship made me smile.

It also links to another Athletic article from last year about why (for @Uncle Fred’s benefit) *there will not be another stinking rich Chinese football club owner*.

While Smith and Jones sit in the driving seat at CR nothing will change. It's just the same old same old every time just with a different spin on 'lack of ambition' and 'I saved the club'.

The best we can hope for from Dean Smith is that he does his best under the circumstances and wish him luck in his efforts.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

If you are the owner of a club and you say "watch this space" in regards to a question on finance then you are bound to grab headlines and comments which have zero to do with her gender. Can we please drop the gender b**lo*ks everytime someone questions what our owner says?

I think it was probably our owner showing a bit of  ... we'll show you our model works.

I hope they succeed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

If you are the owner of a club and you say "watch this space" in regards to a question on finance then you are bound to grab headlines and comments which have zero to do with her gender. Can we please drop the gender b**lo*ks everytime someone questions what our owner says?

I think it was probably our owner showing a bit of  ... we'll show you our model works.

I hope they succeed.

Sorry, you're misinterpreting my point. I'm not saying that every criticism of Delia is gender bias.

I'm saying if you're one of the posters (they know who they are) who spent the last couple months criticising on here (it's all in writing, of course) that Delia never shows her face when things are bad, followed by the same criticism being levelled at her as soon as Farke is sacked, again on here.....

If you're one of those posters, and you then, as soon as she does come out in public and show her face, completely disproving your previous point, you go on the attack about what she's said, and accuse her of lying, then i'm struggling to find a logical argument to follow that, which means you have to start looking at prejudicial reasons why someone would be that determined.

Had those same posters said "Well, I was wrong. Turns out she is willing to show her face when things aren't going great. However, I take issue with a couple of the things she said" then fair enough. That quite evidently, already on this thread, hasn't been the reaction.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

While Smith and Jones sit in the driving seat at CR nothing will change. It's just the same old same old every time just with a different spin on 'lack of ambition' and 'I saved the club'.

The best we can hope for from Dean Smith is that he does his best under the circumstances and wish him luck in his efforts.

How often does Delia talk / brag / spin about saving the club? Y'know, just so we deal with facts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

How often does Delia talk / brag / spin about saving the club? Y'know, just so we deal with facts.

Possibly you are too young to remember?

Hearsay is not the most reliable provider of fact.

18 minutes ago, hogesar said:

which means you have to start looking at prejudicial reasons why someone would be that determined.

And given that the very first response on this thread dismissively refers to her as 'that woman', you really don't have to look very far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Possibly you are too young to remember?

Hearsay is not the most reliable provider of fact.

Too young? So she mentioned it how long ago? And you're the one bringing it up again in 2021?