Duncan Edwards

The Binner dream is alive!

After hammering League Two strugglers Oldham by the odd goal in three tonight, they’re just one win away from the potential of an FA Cup third round tie with us.

Would you welcome it?

Lets face it, we’d ** them. Bring it on.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

After hammering League Two strugglers Oldham by the odd goal in three tonight, they’re just one win away from the potential of an FA Cup third round tie with us.

Would you welcome it?

Yep much like we did Luton a few years back 

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Yep much like we did Luton a few years back 

Jesus Christ. Running scared from that rag-tag mob based on our reserves from a different squad losing a game years ago?

Honestly, we might as well fold as a club!! 😂

You surely wouldn’t be worried about playing them? Would you? 

Surely we no longer have reserves as such, just a squad with fringe players and bench warmers, plus those out injured. 

These currently include, from the non-starters of the team which beat Brentford: Gunn, Gianoullis, Mumba, Hanley, Zabak, Sorensen, Rupp, Gilmour, Tzolis, Cantwell, Byram, Placheta, Sargent and Idah.

I wouldn't call any of them reserves in the traditional sense (Gunn, Sorensen, Placheta, Idah?) A selection from those above should easily deal with that over-rated bunch of League One stalwarts and Championship cast-offs down the road.

Now a team of youngsters, that may be a different matter, although they would probably scrape a draw at Portman Road.

We are ahead of ourselves. They have a difficult game against League Two Barrow to negotiate first.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Would you welcome it?

It's been a long time since a visit to The Station Hotel so it would be wonderful to get them in their own back yard and of course Duncan what an opportunity for a family day out.  😜

Hammering Ipswich in the cup would certainly do well for some confidence!

Clearly I'm in a minority here, because I wouldn't want a Cup tie against Ipswich. For me, it would take up far too much of our energy and thinking at a time when we need to have only one target and one focus: staying in the Prem.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Clearly I'm in a minority here, because I wouldn't want a Cup tie against Ipswich. For me, it would take up far too much of our energy and thinking at a time when we need to have only one target and one focus: staying in the Prem.

There's something in that, but we are usually told that a local derby is just another game to management and most players.

A decent cup run would be nice and might even be a face-saver. I think beating the binners en-route to a quarter/semi-final place would be the icing on the cake.

It might need to be the third round because that lot would struggle to get beyond those lofty heights.

Edited by BroadstairsR

It's a Derby. We must play our strongest team and not underestimate them.

Shame it wont be in the league cup for another year. I hate lunchtime kick offs. Particularly Saturday. When did we last play them in the evening under lights. The 90s?

6 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

It's a Derby. We must play our strongest team and not underestimate them.

Shame it wont be in the league cup for another year. I hate lunchtime kick offs. Particularly Saturday. When did we last play them in the evening under lights. The 90s?

The 5-1 at Portman Road was an evening game. 

It will be a test of the Police's view of the Binners now - if we did draw them would both constabularies insist on the usual 12 noon kick off on the Sunday?  Or is it not considered that high profile a match any more?  Cambridge or Peterborough mind .....

12 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Sadly we may well be playing two games against them next season.

Or..........we may not 🙂

18 minutes ago, Nora's Ghost said:

The good thing about Ipswich going up is that if they do we get to watch them get relegated again next season

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

This possibility had also crossed my mind, but I didn't want to say anything in case it became a self-fulfilling prophecy. 
Plus, of course, you are leaving yourself wide open to accusations of being a binner 🤣

They are a long way from being promoted to the Championship. A tall ask and I think they will have to average over two points a game to get autos, just can’t see that happening myself. Play off places best they can hope for and then hopefully they’ll bottle it and suffer another season in Division 3 😂

18 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

If so, guaranteed 6 points. 

Did anyone see Stockport vs Bolton on BBC2 last night? Cracking game to watch as a neutral! Shock result though, if we did play Ipswich in the cup you just know they would be well up for an 'upset' result!

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Unfortunately it wouldn’t be. 

They're a bang average League One side which is why they're 9th. If they somehow miracle promotion they'll be in a relegation battle. The gap between League One and the Championship is vast. 

Our 'second 11' would beat them 9 out of 10 times.

EDIT: They do have new owners though. So if you'd like to go support them for that reason, feel free.

Edited by hogesar
Forgot Midlands loves the idea of new owners, could palm him off to the scum

Just now, hogesar said:

They're a bang average League One side which is why they're 9th. If they somehow miracle promotion they'll be in a relegation battle. The gap between League One and the Championship is vast. 

Our 'second 11' would beat them 9 out of 10 times

If they get promoted it will be on merit. Funds I’d imagine would be made available by their backers to give it a go in the Championship. Promotion for the larger clubs from league 1 normally results in a very competitive team the following season. Just think Norwich after 2010/2011. 

36 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Did anyone see Stockport vs Bolton on BBC2 last night? Cracking game to watch as a neutral! Shock result though, if we did play Ipswich in the cup you just know they would be well up for an 'upset' result!

I really enjoyed it, Stockport 2-0 down then winning 5-3 after extra-time. A proper Cup-Tie.....If we draw Stockport home or away I think we'll be featured live on the Telly-Box.....

The winners of Scum v Barrow away would be a win win for the fans as you can't beat a day out to Scum HQ or if they happen to lose Barrow is a new ground.

19 hours ago, Nora's Ghost said:

Let us hope that there remains a Championship filling in our sandwich next season.

Said like a true quaffer of the bin juice