Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Polite message for Paul Rankin

Paul,

Just a polite message to point out that I''ve noticed on a couple of threads here today you''ve started to try and pour scorn on Robert Earnshaw and a single error that he has made. I''ll also add that he took one of Leon foot aswell as Thornes head so that could be seen as two errors or someone hungary to score

Can I please respectfully ask you to go forth and speculate somewhere else because your divisive views and desperate need to find yet another person to blame are starting to where thin and in fact rather tiresome.

And for the record I think selling Ashton for good money and buying Earnshaw has been good business for us and I expect with some additions Earnshaw will score a lot of goals for us.  He has provided good touches and passes to hold up or open out play and I also feel that our team spirit is better now that he is here and Ashton has gone.

Get Leon, Earnshaw, Huckerby and WLY/ JJ2 playing well together and we will again start to look like a half decent side.

So Paul if you''re looking for someone else to have a go at and blame for things, have a go at me because I''m overjoyed to have Earnshaw here.

Oh and please please dont ever make a mistake because you may have someone ready to give you the same treatment that you give to others.

United we stand, divided we fall....however always have an opinion.

Can I suggest a simple solution??? If you don''t like Paul Rankin''s posts - don''t read them!!!!!! No-one''s forcing you to. I think he is un-necessarily negative sometimes but they are his opinions and if you stop people giving their opinions on this board then it''s going to be rather dull!!!

Rob Earnshaw is a top player and signing...  I still beleive Dean Ashton was  potentially a great player but it is not to be, because worthy felt the need for us to hoof the ball up to him.....  he is gone, we got a good price, nothing wrong with that.

As for Erny''s hook, fair play, i found it funny, we still won and it shows a mean streak in front of goal..  this guy is all about goals. anyway i find it far worse that the manager critisizes the player whom won him, the game IN PUBLIC.

If you want to get me talking about divided we fall..   Lets put it like this, worthy obviously has until the end of the season, should we win a fair few of the remaining 11 say 6 or 7 and draw a few others, he will have earned the right to start next season and hopefully against all the odds have actually turned it round having finally ditched his favored hoofball tactics.

if we say win 4 draw 3 lose 4 I dont see that anything has changed but unfortunatly the board will stick with him and we will be mid table xmas next year...

if we lose most of the games and he isnt sacked I fear for what will happen at the club next season...

Seconded.

[quote user="Viking"]

Paul,

Just a polite message to point out that I''ve noticed on a couple of threads here today you''ve started to try and pour scorn on Robert Earnshaw and a single error that he has made. I''ll also add that he took one of Leon foot aswell as Thornes head so that could be seen as two errors or someone hungary to score

Can I please respectfully ask you to go forth and speculate somewhere else because your divisive views and desperate need to find yet another person to blame are starting to where thin and in fact rather tiresome.

And for the record I think selling Ashton for good money and buying Earnshaw has been good business for us and I expect with some additions Earnshaw will score a lot of goals for us.  He has provided good touches and passes to hold up or open out play and I also feel that our team spirit is better now that he is here and Ashton has gone.

Get Leon, Earnshaw, Huckerby and WLY/ JJ2 playing well together and we will again start to look like a half decent side.

So Paul if you''re looking for someone else to have a go at and blame for things, have a go at me because I''m overjoyed to have Earnshaw here.

Oh and please please dont ever make a mistake because you may have someone ready to give you the same treatment that you give to others.

United we stand, divided we fall....however always have an opinion.

[/quote]

Paul, Paul, Paul I despair, what are we going to do with you,  Your reply was positive for a total of eight words when you could have gone on to wax lyrical about the obvious growing understanding thats developing between the new players and the rest of the team.  How fantastic it was to see Hucks back to scaring rightbacks and doing what he does best, a solid performance from the back five and even Andy Hughes (choke) looking a lot better before he had to go off.

But instead you reverted to type and turned it into another negative worthy out thread.

I''m so glad I don''t inhabit the dark negative world in which you reside.

I know it was only Derby and Brighton, but our team and especially the manager (like him or loathe him) can only grow in confidence from the two results, I agree it was foolish to have a go at Hucks for doing what he does best, but I should think he is scared that he''s going to lose his job (before everyone posts "to right, get rid of him", I respect your views however we have to see how all this pans out over time, because right or wrong for the time being nothing is going to happen) and to win 1 - 0 means a reprieve for another week and hopefully for him less flak and less people shouting "Worthy out".

Oh... and Alex... thanks for the advice.  

[quote user="Viking"]

Paul, Paul, Paul I despair, what are we going to do with you,  Your reply was positive for a total of eight words when you could have gone on to wax lyrical about the obvious growing understanding thats developing between the new players and the rest of the team.  How fantastic it was to see Hucks back to scaring rightbacks and doing what he does best, a solid performance from the back five and even Andy Hughes (choke) looking a lot better before he had to go off.

But instead you reverted to type and turned it into another negative worthy out thread.

I''m so glad I don''t inhabit the dark negative world in which you reside.

I know it was only Derby and Brighton, but our team and especially the manager (like him or loathe him) can only grow in confidence from the two results, I agree it was foolish to have a go at Hucks for doing what he does best, but I should think he is scared that he''s going to lose his job (before everyone posts "to right, get rid of him", I respect your views however we have to see how all this pans out over time, because right or wrong for the time being nothing is going to happen) and to win 1 - 0 means a reprieve for another week and hopefully for him less flak and less people shouting "Worthy out".

Oh... and Alex... thanks for the advice.  

[/quote]

lets see after saturday eh.......  Play-offs here we come!!!!!! [+o(]

Agreed, that will be the test....plays offs....reality? no...I don''t think so. Would love it to happen but can''t see it.

Can I just point out - politely - that I believe that, Paul, you were one of the many who said at the beggining of the season that one of Worthingtons downfalls was to never raise issue with single/multiple players in public.In fairness I think he is right to be frustrated at players like Huckerby especially after a match winning performance like that! I think what he is saying is what has changed? Why turn on the style now when its almost too late to get anything for it? Why couldn''t you have done it earlier in the season?I think it proves that no matter what you think the team have always been trying to improve from the first day of the season and that some players have actually started to wake up and come round from the summer break! Maybe some went into hibernation!But there is certainly more of a buzz about them now. Lets just see how they do for the rest of the season. I would agree that the play-offs is a bit of a leap of faith 11 points and Preston have two games in hand. But I would like to see us at least getting a lot closer to those places. I think just outside of the top 6 will do fine now. With the change in the squad and the dissruption and pressure of being relegated from the prem now hopefully behind us it is now down to the club to start building again.I think in a way Ashton was the last chapter and now its history. Fingers crossed and here is to the future and to those that always believe that it can get better and keep the faith!

Personally, I don''t really think it was neccessary for Worthington to moan at Hucks through the media, but I can kind of see where he''s coming from. People compared it to Arsene Wenger not telling Henry to try his tricks, but if anyone saw the Real game last night, when it got to the end of the match Henry didn''t try his tricks and instead ran it into the corner flag. Totally different scenario I know, and a much more important game, but the point I think Worthington was trying to make wasn''t to suggest Hucks should never run at players and show off (I don''t think he''s that stupid!), but when you''re 2-0 up and cruising to victory, not to do anything silly which might jeapordise that.For example, does anyone remember a certain game at Palace last season when we were 3-1 up and decided to go for another goal (apparently against the manager''s wishes)...?

[quote user="I. Shurmer"]Personally, I don''t really think it was neccessary for Worthington to moan at Hucks through the media, but I can kind of see where he''s coming from. People compared it to Arsene Wenger not telling Henry to try his tricks, but if anyone saw the Real game last night, when it got to the end of the match Henry didn''t try his tricks and instead ran it into the corner flag. Totally different scenario I know, and a much more important game, but the point I think Worthington was trying to make wasn''t to suggest Hucks should never run at players and show off (I don''t think he''s that stupid!), but when you''re 2-0 up and cruising to victory, not to do anything silly which might jeapordise that.

For example, does anyone remember a certain game at Palace last season when we were 3-1 up and decided to go for another goal (apparently against the manager''s wishes)...?
[/quote]

Apparantly against the managers wishes eh......  And to be honest the managers tactics netted us Zero away wins last season...  Well done!!

Anyway the 31 games of hoofball this season were ''apparantly against the managers wishes'' as he always advocates passing *cough*. 

Although I didnt see him complaining about Greeno hoofing it downfield at every opportunity and he has been caught ordering Jurgen Colin doing it every time he got it at right back (and people on here were blaming Colin!! those whom sat nearer the dugout informed us of the truth however)

[quote user="chicken"]
In fairness I think he is right to be frustrated at players like Huckerby especially after a match winning performance like that! I think what he is saying is what has changed? Why turn on the style now when its almost too late to get anything for it? Why couldn''t you have done it earlier in the season?
[/quote]

In fairness what has changed is the managers tactics!!  We pass it now, whereas he was playing a hoofball game before!! IOf Erny was a few inches taller we would STILL be playing a hoofball game.  Unsurprisingly players like Hucks, McVeigh, Safri and Ashton shine in a passing game.  Players like Hughes get made to look like the INEPT numpteys that they are.

Hi!! Chicken and Shurmer, nice to see a semblance of reason, pity though, it always seems to be from the same sources, You may both be from the "Thomas Paine school", you may remember his book "The age of reason".  A guide to logical thought and debate, although time locked it has a message for all of us posters here.  Worthy has made many mistakes, and must have gained knowledge from them, as indeed we who find fault, have .  Thomas Paine said "What a luxury, hind sight". 

Worthy has always mentioned, (Paul) a preference for "passing the ball as well as we know we can",  he obviously refers to his players from the Goal keeper  through the back four/through the team.  To me this means that in view of the obvious knowledge and skill his collection of players have about the game of football.  They would/should have been well coached further in those skills while training, especially the neccessity for the skill of off the ball running/ making one''s self available etc.  Prior to these last two games this, has not been obvious to us fans. But!! in these recent games, we have to be at least heartened that they can do it even if the opposition is a bit low on tempo, and lacking in inventiveness. 

That we have been allowed to perform by the opposition is good, it shows us that there is life in our team.  This is heralded by the loss of a uninspired scorer at a price to be pleased about, and the arrival of newbies in the team, together with the emergeance of  the Huckerby hunger for the game, was it his glandular fever that caused him, and us, so much grief and lack of thrust, or is the point that''s already been made, that we now have potency on a wider front than we had, therefore,  Hucks and Norwich City, can have, at last, a few more attacking options open to them that will cause problems for the opposition, so at last giving us a few more chances to make our mark in the belated challenge, voiced by Flemming that "We can still make the play off''s," I wonder? 

I personally am looking forward with good vibes to the forthcoming games,  and the chance for the team, not Worthy, to extricate from themselves from the malaise and leathargy that has hounded their performances over two seasons. OTBC!!!!!!

[quote user="beelsie"]

Hi!! Chicken and Shurmer, nice to see a semblance of reason, pity though, it always seems to be from the same sources, You may both be from the "Thomas Paine school", you may remember his book "The age of reason".  A guide to logical thought and debate, although time locked it has a message for all of us posters here.  Worthy has made many mistakes, and must have gained knowledge from them, as indeed we who find fault, have .  Thomas Paine said "What a luxury, hind sight". 

Worthy has always mentioned, (Paul) a preference for "passing the ball as well as we know we can",  he obviously refers to his players from the Goal keeper  through the back four/through the team.  To me this means that in view of the obvious knowledge and skill his collection of players have about the game of football.  They would/should have been well coached further in those skills while training, especially the neccessity for the skill of off the ball running/ making one''s self available etc.  Prior to these last two games this, has not been obvious to us fans. But!! in these recent games, we have to be at least heartened that they can do it even if the opposition is a bit low on tempo, and lacking in inventiveness. 

That we have been allowed to perform by the opposition is good, it shows us that there is life in our team.  This is heralded by the loss of a uninspired scorer at a price to be pleased about, and the arrival of newbies in the team, together with the emergeance of  the Huckerby hunger for the game, was it his glandular fever that caused him, and us, so much grief and lack of thrust, or is the point that''s already been made, that we now have potency on a wider front than we had, therefore,  Hucks and Norwich City, can have, at last, a few more attacking options open to them that will cause problems for the opposition, so at last giving us a few more chances to make our mark in the belated challenge, voiced by Flemming that "We can still make the play off''s," I wonder? 

I personally am looking forward with good vibes to the forthcoming games,  and the chance for the team, not Worthy, to extricate from themselves from the malaise and leathargy that has hounded their performances over two seasons. OTBC!!!!!!

[/quote]

As usual I agrre with much of what you have said.   The only disagreement comes with the hindsight coment.  With a little more care and attention to footballing ability in the transfer market and a little more awareness, and learning from previous mistakes at the management level we would not have to rely on hindsight.

What a strange coincidence that Paul Rankine''s bold green letters should match those of a supposed newcomer to the board, and the club - namely one NCFCMAN1

I hope there will be no conclusions drawn from this coincidence when it''s also pointed out that both posters have the same spelling difficulties and share an anti Worthington stance. Maybe they attended the same university.

As to Mr Jones''s remark " If you don''t like Paul Rankin''s posts - don''t read them!!!!!! No-one''s forcing you to. I think he is un-necessarily negative sometimes but they are his opinions " might I suggest Mr Jones that if you don''t like people replying to Paul Rankine''s posts then don''t read those replies. No-one''s forcing you to !

Well! Paul is it in your last paragraph that I believe, if I read it correctly, you actually refer to the hind sight I speak of; as to what''s previously been noted in the transfer market, this is I feel, called experience gained by the benefit of hindsight, when making the comparison that now brings to us sooner or later, awareness.  Unfortunately this never seems to be an instantaneous gift that many of us have, least of all me.

A little more care and attention in the transfer market!

As I have said a million times.

Carl Robinson - 20 caps for Wales, 300 games at at least this level

Andy Hughes - started 160 league games in last 4 seasons at Reading

Etuhu, Thorne, Louis Jean, Jarrett all have pedigree at this level. the only untried at this level was Colin but dutch, good pedigree, blah, blah.

Marney - seemed a decent player to me and would have liked him to play right mid for the whole season as had some quality.

The aim was to get some players in at a combined cost that we could afford that would compliment what we already had in terms of Prem quality (Safri, Ashton, Green, Hucks) to enable us to get out of this league.

On paper and at the time none of these signings offended me and if each player would have upped their perfomance levels by x% we wouldn''t be where we are now.

Worthy has his faults but every player has underperformed this season. 

Don''t forget that Green Safri, Drury and Doherty have been 67% of our 6 most defensive players for large chunks of this season and we still have a poor defensive record. 

Don''t forget that Hucks and Ashton were 67% of our three most attacking players this season and we have a poor goalscoring record.

And that is before we mention the other players who have pretended to make up the team on many occasions.

23 points from first 21 games
23 points from next 13 games - this form all season would have given us 81 points.

[quote user="beelsie"]

Well! Paul is it in your last paragraph that I believe, if I read it correctly, you actually refer to the hind sight I speak of; as to what''s previously been noted in the transfer market, this is I feel, called experience gained by the benefit of hindsight, when making the comparison that now brings to us sooner or later, awareness.  Unfortunately this never seems to be an instantaneous gift that many of us have, least of all me.

[/quote]

In the end Worthy seems to keep making the same mistakes over and over?? left backs in midfield anyone??  Brennan earlier in the season, Charlton later on even with fit midfielders available?? Charlton has even started left midfield ahead of WLY this year!!  lol  Strikers at right midfield anyone??

[quote user="Nobby G"]

A little more care and attention in the transfer market!

As I have said a million times.

Carl Robinson - 20 caps for Wales, 300 games at at least this level

Andy Hughes - started 160 league games in last 4 seasons at Reading

Etuhu, Thorne, Louis Jean, Jarrett all have pedigree at this level. the only untried at this level was Colin but dutch, good pedigree, blah, blah.

Marney - seemed a decent player to me and would have liked him to play right mid for the whole season as had some quality.

The aim was to get some players in at a combined cost that we could afford that would compliment what we already had in terms of Prem quality (Safri, Ashton, Green, Hucks) to enable us to get out of this league.

On paper and at the time none of these signings offended me and if each player would have upped their perfomance levels by x% we wouldn''t be where we are now.

Worthy has his faults but every player has underperformed this season. 

Don''t forget that Green Safri, Drury and Doherty have been 67% of our 6 most defensive players for large chunks of this season and we still have a poor defensive record. 

Don''t forget that Hucks and Ashton were 67% of our three most attacking players this season and we have a poor goalscoring record.

And that is before we mention the other players who have pretended to make up the team on many occasions.

23 points from first 21 games
23 points from next 13 games - this form all season would have given us 81 points.

[/quote]

Hughes offended me at the time as a good friend of mine is a reading fan and he said he was all running no ability - He waas signed as a FIRST CHOICE central midfielder - a total disgrace.  It wouldnt take a footballing scout 2 matches and a little investigation to find out Etuhu''s faults. Hell we were put through every match of his loan spell.  Robinson is a better signing, solid if not spectacular. 

And yes we did have a fairly strong team, we just had Patently Wrong Tactics, poor performances both home and away,  bad team selections and a fair few injuries.

And its 23 from the next 14 games - which would have given us 75.5 points - scraping in the play-offs but probably not this particular seasons play-offs as a higher than average tally is looking likely.

preston are on for 76.7 points and palace 77.1 at current points ratios.  And remember palace started poorly just like us....

[quote user="MadDan"]As to Mr Jones''s remark " If you don''t like Paul Rankin''s posts - don''t read them!!!!!! No-one''s forcing you to. I think he is un-necessarily negative sometimes but they are his opinions " might I suggest Mr Jones that if you don''t like people replying to Paul Rankine''s posts then don''t read those replies. No-one''s forcing you to ![/quote]

Um I don''t really think you''ve understood my argument in any shape or form. I am very happy for people to reply to Paul Rankins posts and I personally enjoy reading those replies - that''s the whole point of the forum!! When did I say I disliked people replying to Paul''s posts???? I know no-one is forcing me to read them but then I''m not complaining about reading them or the content of them??

What I was saying is that if his posts annoy you sufficiently to ask him to leave the board or make you want to leave yourself then the simple answer would be to stop reading them!! Viking asked Paul to go forth and speculate somewhere else. That''s not replying to one of his posts, that''s suggesting he should leave the board because he dislikes the posts. The two are very different!!!! We are all free to post on this forum and air our views! If Viking is so irritated by Paul''s posts it strikes me that the simply way around it is not to read them rather than calling for one of the forum''s most prominent posters to go away!!