Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Derby County docked more points

Just seen that Derby have been given an additional 9 point deduction to add to the 12 already handed down.

Puts them on -3 points and 18 from safety. Makes our plight look a bit better but whatever happens to us I'm pretty certain we won't be playing then next season

7 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Just seen that Derby have been given an additional 9 point deduction to add to the 12 already handed down.

Puts them on -3 points and 18 from safety. Makes our plight look a bit better but whatever happens to us I'm pretty certain we won't be playing then next season

Starting to look possible we may have to play Ipswich though. They're looking like getting to the play offs on recent form😠

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Hobozilla said:

I wonder if Derby could hold the record for lowest points tally in the PL and champ.

They will have to go on an amazing run to avoid it, but looking at the form table it doesn't look good for them at all.

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Starting to look possible we may have to play Ipswich though. They're looking like getting to the play offs on recent form😠

To be fair it'd be handy to have a guaranteed 6 points if we need a promotion push next season.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

The two penalties are for different offences.

The 12 points is an automatic one for going into administration.

The 9 pointer was a negotiated agreement for breaking FFP. I heard somewhere that the EFL want to change the rules on this to category to make it harder for teams to "negotiate" their FFP penalties.

15 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

And with Mike Ashley sniffing around... it really is doom and gloom in Derby

Not really. In 15 years Ashley will sell Derby to some electric turbine rich country and it will propel them back into the big time.

Whilst Norwich will still be yo yoing along nicely…

why aren’t we Derby etc?! 

4 hours ago, Google Bot said:

They should've been sent down last season, If I were a Wycombe fan would be quite bitter about all this.

As a resident of High Wycombe, I know a few people quite disgruntled by the decision today.  They now just hope that they'll be passing Derby come May on the way back to the Championship. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Not really. In 15 years Ashley will sell Derby to some electric turbine rich country and it will propel them back into the big time.

Is it because we didn't **** millions to(fail to) get promoted or have a superstar manager ?

22 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Is it because we didn't **** millions to(fail to) get promoted or have a superstar manager ?

No idea, ask me in 15 years time. I’ll bump the thread 😁

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

And with Mike Ashley sniffing around... it really is doom and gloom in Derby

And also Marcus Evans. I actually feel sorry for them. All those saying Smith and Jones should sell, these are the kind of sharks that would be investing our waters.

I think Derby have been quite lucky in a way to have all 21 points deducted this season. If they had lost 12 last season they would have been relegated, and now they would be facing -9 in L1.

3 hours ago, Danke bitte said:

Won't it be the lithium rich countries with the wealth? 

57 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Don’t ask me buddy, my quips hold no water. Just my attempt at being witty… 😊

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

They should've been sent down last season, If I were a Wycombe fan would be quite bitter about all this.

Well said

3 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

No it won't. There are batteries being developed which are far more efficient which don't need lithium. 

13 hours ago, Hobozilla said:

I wonder if Derby could hold the record for lowest points tally in the PL and champ.

Good quiz question 

7 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

At least Derby will still get to play Forest next season.............Forest Green Rovers.

Very droll 😂