Sign in to follow this  
Creedence Clearwater Couto

Latest Pinkun Podcast, Pritchard inaccuracy!

Firstly, I enjoy listening to the Paddy, Connor and Dave on the podcast. Occasionally I get frustrated with some of the soft approach, but recently they've been quite critical of the club, even directly at Webber, and that's refreshing as it's been justified. 

However, I was a little frustrated by Paddy's inaccuracy on the latest podcast. On 2 or 3 occasions in praising Dean Smith and what he might bring to Norwich, he referred back to his style at Brentford and specifically the type of players and system he used and referenced Alex Pritchard! He mentioned Smith's Brentford sides were impressive and successful. 

Firstly, Dean Smith didn't sign Alex Pritchard, and said player was never at Brentford at the same time as Smith! Secondly, Smith achieved 9th, 10th, and 9th, with Brentford failing to make the Championship play offs once. A feat achieved by Warburton and Frank, either side of Smiths spell.

Smith may well be a good manger and fit for Norwich, but using Brentford as proof isn't really the best example, especially when mentioning players that didn't even play under him! 

Just think Paddy should be a bit better than that. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Sorry, but that read like a Viz comment and I couldn't stop smiling.  🙂

It's a valid point you make though, most journos today are scraping data after the event and I've noticed a few gaffs like this in the past where they don't check for such alignments of timelines.

Seems as much reliance on your ability to search the internet as having well rounded knowledge in the reporting game.  Kinda makes a mockery of everything being said when being passed off as knowledge, and why most reports just wash past me as they stink of this.  PInkun feels more like a news aggregator than genuine reporting.

But I guess that's just the way of the world today, however it's why more people like to watch fan channels as per TNC before the pinkun boys, because they are adding and applying personal critique and it's something unique.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

Glad you've pointed that out, I keeping reading comments of Smiths success at Brentford and wondering what people are talking about.

In fact I'm struggling to see the attraction of the guy.

13 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Firstly, I enjoy listening to the Paddy, Connor and Dave on the podcast. Occasionally I get frustrated with some of the soft approach, but recently they've been quite critical of the club, even directly at Webber, and that's refreshing as it's been justified. 

However, I was a little frustrated by Paddy's inaccuracy on the latest podcast. On 2 or 3 occasions in praising Dean Smith and what he might bring to Norwich, he referred back to his style at Brentford and specifically the type of players and system he used and referenced Alex Pritchard! He mentioned Smith's Brentford sides were impressive and successful. 

Firstly, Dean Smith didn't sign Alex Pritchard, and said player was never at Brentford at the same time as Smith! Secondly, Smith achieved 9th, 10th, and 9th, with Brentford failing to make the Championship play offs once. A feat achieved by Warburton and Frank, either side of Smiths spell.

Smith may well be a good manger and fit for Norwich, but using Brentford as proof isn't really the best example, especially when mentioning players that didn't even play under him! 

Just think Paddy should be a bit better than that. 

Sorry but what’s your point? 

16 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Sorry but what’s your point? 

I thought my point was pretty clear tbh? 

Paddy referenced a Smith Brentford side with Pritchard, whilst summarising his time at Brentford as successful.

Whilst the latter is subjective, compared to Smiths predecessor and successor, he was relatively unsuccessful. The former is factually incorrect. Pritchard didn't play under Smith.

His time at Brentford was okay, he certainly played good stuff at his time there. It was just Canos and Judge, not Pritchard. They're a club that were getting stronger all the time and he obviously added to that.

8 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I thought my point was pretty clear tbh? 

Paddy referenced a Smith Brentford side with Pritchard, whilst summarising his time at Brentford as successful.

Whilst the latter is subjective, compared to Smiths predecessor and successor, he was relatively unsuccessful. The former is factually incorrect. Pritchard didn't play under Smith.

Ultimately though, what point are you trying to make? 

let’s face it, you don’t like either the appointment of dean smith or the sacking of Daniel Farke, so trying to disprove the work smith did at Brentford as a way of comforting yourself 

4 hours ago, Yobocop said:

Ultimately though, what point are you trying to make? 

let’s face it, you don’t like either the appointment of dean smith or the sacking of Daniel Farke, so trying to disprove the work smith did at Brentford as a way of comforting yourself 

Eh!? What on earth are you going on about? You've fallen right off piste there, mate. 

Paddy has used inaccurate information to substantiate his point of view. It's lazy journalism, that's my point, and nothing more! 

On 16/11/2021 at 18:17, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

In fact I'm struggling to see the attraction of the guy.

If you don't see it by now, you're not going to see it. But in short;

1. Relevant Championship experience (Brentford and promotion with Villa)
2. Relevant Premier League experience (Kept Villa in Premier League x2) 
3. Track record of developing players (Grealish, Watkins, Konza etc etc) 
4. His sides have not performed in a manner befitting of a sunday league pub team like we have under our former manager.  

11 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

If you don't see it by now, you're not going to see it. But in short;

1. Relevant Championship experience (Brentford and promotion with Villa)
2. Relevant Premier League experience (Kept Villa in Premier League x2) 
3. Track record of developing players (Grealish, Watkins, Konza etc etc) 
4. His sides have not performed in a manner befitting of a sunday league pub team like we have under our former manager.  

You're comparing the team last season to a Sunday league pub team?

Tell me about his fabulous time at Brentford. And Farke got us promoted twice and has a much superior win rate than Smith.  

It was definitely time for Farke to go but to employ Smith, really. 

7 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

You're comparing the team last season to a Sunday league pub team?

Tell me about his fabulous time at Brentford. And Farke got us promoted twice and has a much superior win rate than Smith.  

It was definitely time for Farke to go but to employ Smith, really. 

I'm comparing the side this season to a Sunday pub league side. If you want to live on past histories like last season, feel free to go support Ipswich. 

Farke failed this season in a big, big way. Only time will tell if Smith can achieve greater. But one thing is for sure, he can't get much worse.

50 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'm comparing the side this season to a Sunday pub league side. If you want to live on past histories like last season, feel free to go support Ipswich. 

Farke failed this season in a big, big way. Only time will tell if Smith can achieve greater. But one thing is for sure, he can't get much worse.

Aren't you quoting Smiths past?  🤣 If you want to live on past histories like last season, feel free to go support Villa. 🤣

22 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Eh!? What on earth are you going on about? You've fallen right off piste there, mate. 

Paddy has used inaccurate information to substantiate his point of view. It's lazy journalism, that's my point, and nothing more! 

Yes, but what is your point? 

5 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Aren't you quoting Smiths past?  🤣 If you want to live on past histories like last season, feel free to go support Villa. 🤣

Smith's past includes securing safety for a relegation threatened side. Which is what we are trying to do. 

Winning the Championship is not relevant to what we're trying to achieve. 

It's not that difficult. 

On 17/11/2021 at 21:12, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Why are you complaining to us about it? 

• Haha 1

😂 This thread started terribly but has actually managed to get worse in weird and wonderful ways

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Are you on a wind up!

No seriously, email paddy if you’re that bothered 

the pink un team try and offer a valuable and knowledgable insight into NCFC and get elated about one error 

3 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

😂 This thread started terribly but has actually managed to get worse in weird and wonderful ways

Out of curiously, why do think the thread started so terribly? 

PD is a highly respected journalist, who's views and opinions rub off on impressionable fans. I think it's worthy topic of conversation when misinformation is quoted, especially as that may form the basis of fans debates on here. 

I do agree the thread quickly went downhill and in the wrong direction, though. 

27 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Out of curiously, why do think the thread started so terribly? 

PD is a highly respected journalist, who's views and opinions rub off on impressionable fans. I think it's worthy topic of conversation when misinformation is quoted, especially as that may form the basis of fans debates on here. 

I do agree the thread quickly went downhill and in the wrong direction, though. 

Ha ha don’t worry I’ve enjoyed every second of it (so bad it’s good etc),  just your OP was almost designed for a pile-on

• Like 1

Also… this is an example of a Pinkun bee I myself like to get in my Generational bonnet:

@PurpleCanary @Pete Raven @pinkun_admin Gone past a long-running editorial fiasco now! How can you defend this apostrophe BS any more!! Will  have to write to my MP

🤣

It was Saints fightback, not Saints’ fightback. (A fightback against Saints, not by them)

In the same way it must be “We talked to Canaries boss Dean Smith”, not “We talked to Canaries’ boss Dean Smith” (as in City chief Smith, not City's chief Smith or the Canaries’ chief Smith)

etc etc.

End the atrocity! Free the apostrophe!

FF89C45B-D472-4011-81A6-6E1E3FB76EEE.jpeg

Edited by GenerationA47

32 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Also… this is an example of a Pinkun bee I myself like to get in my Generational bonnet:

@PurpleCanary @Pete Raven @pinkun_admin Gone past a long-running editorial fiasco now! How can you defend this apostrophe BS any more!! Will  have to write to my MP

🤣

It was Saints fightback, not Saints’ fightback. (A fightback against Saints, not by them)

In the same way it must be “We talked to Canaries boss Dean Smith”, not “We talked to Canaries’ boss Dean Smith” (as in City chief Smith, not City's chief Smith or the Canaries’ chief Smith)

etc etc.

End the atrocity! Free the apostrophe!

FF89C45B-D472-4011-81A6-6E1E3FB76EEE.jpeg

Er, why am I being held responsible for this?🤔

8 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Er, why am I being held responsible for this?🤔

Ha ha .. don’t try to deny you’re pulling all the strings behind the scenes here.. the eminence grise behind the un rose.

Well, at least you mildly defended the apostrophe catastrophe one time. Comes to the same thing 

2 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

Ha ha .. don’t try to deny you’re pulling all the strings behind the scenes here.. the eminence grise behind the un rose.

Well, at least you mildly defended the apostrophe catastrophe one time. Comes to the same thing 

Curses! Outed at last...😳

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Is this the right time to point out that in Paddy's article on the front page today he says "City head to Wolves this weekend"?

😐😬

I suppose I'm to blame for that as well?!😡😬🥵

28 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Random point:

Pritch helped pi** on the Binners from the bench on Saturday

Good grief -  he's fallen a long way since he left us!

5 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

I suppose I'm to blame for that as well?!😡😬🥵

Damn straight. Sins of omission and of commission etc. 

You and @cambridgeshire canary, who was himself recently talking about head less than salubriously. Probably a smoking gun