Sign in to follow this  
JB

Save The UEA Squash Courts

Hi everyone. I'm not one who would ask for any favours for anything normally, but I am a huge fan of squash and a regular player at the UEA. We have  five top grade courts available, or did at least, until covid. Two of the courts were converted into an extension of the gym so they could space out. Totally fair enough. The UEA has now taken the decision to leave them as gym space going forward. This means we only have three courts now, and there is a squash league that takes place there, lessons and casual games. This lack of space is a hindrance to a lot of people in getting the courts they want. I suspect it comes down to money as they make more from the gym members than from the squash players, but it really shouldn't be down to that. If you feel like you'd want to help us get these courts back, it'd be appreciated. See the petition below. 

https://www.change.org/p/save-our-squash-courts?utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=custom_url&recruited_by_id=0a3014d0-446d-11ec-987d-c39a64736c41

Edited by JB

Just signed and chipped in.

A great game that I enjoyed until age caught up with me.

Best wishes in your quest.

Me too, excellent facility it would be a shame to lose(or have diminished) . Squash sadly seems to be under increasing pressure with regards to court provision.