Ken Hairy

Dean Smith confirmed

Good luck Deano, looking forward to at least seeing us in matches.

I loved DF for what he done for the club and the fans, and didn't want him sacked, but he's gone, Dean Smith is in and first and foremost I am a Canary.

• Like 3

More I’ve read about and listened to Dean the more impressed I’ve been. Glad to have him confirmed and looking forward to seeing what he can do with this squad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Shakespeare now confirmed as Assistant as well.

All's well that ends well.

Edited by A Load of Squit

He's here to make history - first manager to play the same opponent twice consecutively with two different clubs in the Premier League....

He wouldn't have been my first choice, BUT.... support him all the way now he's here... 

Ed Ball's has just announced Dean's appointment as Ed's currently co-hosting the 'news' on Good Morning Britain....Ed seems to be everywhere....

He's grown on me. It's a sound appointment.

I was one of those who had preferred Frankie from Hollywood for the razzmatazz and perhaps a transformation of our image away from Little Old Norwich. I'd also slightly taken in that rumour of him inviting investment from Dubai.

But, I need to admit, if we are to stay up this season, then we probably stand a better chance with Smith than with Lampard.

Curiously, he was born in West Bromwich yet was a supporter of Villa from boyhood. That's sacrilege in the Black Country, and a weekend sitting in stocks in the centre of Oldbury is the minimum sentence.

Edited by BroadstairsR

38 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

More I’ve read about and listened to Dean the more impressed I’ve been. Glad to have him confirmed and looking forward to seeing what he can do with this squad.

This. If you’d told me he was replacing Farke the day Daniel was sacked, I would have been surprised and unimpressed. Which goes to show the value of making informed judgements, as the more I read about him, the more this seems like the best possible fit for us. 

Welcome Dean and start making us proud to be in the Premier League!

• Like 2

Stuart Webber said: "I have admired his work for some time and he has been a long-term target in the event that we needed to appoint a new head coach.

“Dean has an outstanding track record and as soon as he made it clear that he was ready to go straight back into a managerial role we contacted him immediately.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Dean and Craig, no matter what everyones views on the managerial merrygoround has been, I've no doubt come Saturday everyone will be behind them and the team. Let's get another 3 points on the board please!

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Lakey will be along soon to post now much he misses Farke ....

I'll get over it. Farke was a bit special, but it's a new era and Smith is on paper an ok replacement. Can he make a difference this season?  Well that's his job, so good luck to him 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Stuart Webber said: "I have admired his work for some time and he has been a long-term target in the event that we needed to appoint a new head coach.

“Dean has an outstanding track record and as soon as he made it clear that he was ready to go straight back into a managerial role we contacted him immediately.

Surprised he hasn't dropped any word to make it clear who dumped who regarding Lampard 😄 

• Confused 1