Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell has a message for us Norwich faithful

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Now that I find somewhat ironic as I remember not so long back someone liking posts of a poster that kept having an unprovoked dig out of nowhere at another poster, which resulted in the folk having a pop getting called pr1cks and then suddenly there were some very upset people when they got their fully deserved reaction.

Have no idea what’s gone on with Todd, I’m sure like any human being he’s made his mistakes, but I totally agree there’s been some way out of order accusations and presumptions levelled at him on here such as question marks around his sexuality etc so I do understand why he may very well be tired of silly gossip and is thinking of moving on. It will be our loss though make no mistake - a bit of love and support without the need to be so judgemental and I have no doubt he would be an absolutely massive asset in Dean Smith’s quest to keep us up, and beyond.

No sure if that was me Alex, but if it was I apologise if the liking of the posts gave fuel to the fire. I guess it's very easy to get swept along with these things without thinking too carefully, so it's something I'll try and watch out for in future.

As for the more general points about Todd, I would totally agree with you. Here's hoping Dean can sort out whatever issues there may be and we get a fired up Todd back in the team.

To be honest on this thread I can’t see anyone actually being anything than hopeful for Cantwell! We can see there’s been issues, he himself knows he’s got an opportunity to get back into things and we’ve all said the same thing in this thread.

i despair at the utter crap that has been spewed on this totally bang out of order post by some so called ''fans''! Is there not an admin to delete this effing garbage which, lets face it, call it what it is.... BULLYING!!! 

Ffs some of you premature speculators need to have a good look in the mirror and give your head a good wobble!!!

LEAVE HIM ALONE

If you are reading Todd, it's not you that has the problem mate, its just a few recalcitrant P Ricks who are upset with their own miserable existence.

Unbelievable!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gazinOZ said:

i despair at the utter crap that has been spewed on this totally bang out of order post by some so called ''fans''! Is there not an admin to delete this effing garbage which, lets face it, call it what it is.... BULLYING!!! 

Ffs some of you premature speculators need to have a good look in the mirror and give your head a good wobble!!!

LEAVE HIM ALONE

If you are reading Todd, it's not you that has the problem mate, its just a few recalcitrant P Ricks who are upset with their own miserable existence.

Unbelievable!!!

Oh
What?

What... was that?

You burden me with your questions
You'd have me tell no lies
You're always asking what it's all about
But don't listen to my replies

You say to me I don't talk enough
But when I do I'm a fool
These times I've spent, I've realized
I'm going to shoot through and leave you

The things you say
Your purple prose just give you away
The things you say

You're unbelievable

16 minutes ago, gazinOZ said:

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Unbelievable!!!

I haven't bothered to read all the 'crap' but to be frank Cantwell brings it upon himself with his obscure but leading tweets.

Focus on the day job and don't bother with social media is my advice to him.

Problem solved. 

19 minutes ago, gazinOZ said:

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Unbelievable!!!

It seems to me that all most people on here are saying is that Cantwell needs to get his head together and needs to do it quick. We have a relegation battle ahead and we can do without this distraction.

Can’t believe we’ve just had our first new manager installed in 4 years and the main topic of conversation is a two week old Cantwell Instagram post. Why do people care so much?

He’ll have the same chance as every other player under the new manager you’d hope. A guy that’s guided some promising talents into real top class premier league players. I’ll wait to see what now happens with Cantwell, but personally I won’t be checking his Instagram to inform that opinion.

31 minutes ago, gazinOZ said:

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Unbelievable!!!

And the over reacting, pant wetting, snowflake post of the week goes to........ 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

There are different ways to manage.  Setting boundaries for behaviour is a clear and strong way of going about it - and if people step out of line, then they get reprimanded, given the opportunity to redeem themselves and all is good. The problem with that is if the authority of the manager becomes undermined - and that usually happens when things aren't going  well on the pitch.

Farke has had it all to deal with this season - covid/losing several good characters, new players coming in late on........some new loan players from big clubs with their own ideas as to how they should be treated, one or two here already who have been a bit resentful in the past - and it's easy to see how the balance  goes. 

Yet it hasn't been limited to this season has it?

And it's not just Cantwell is it?

Farke's inability to handle his topics being questioned stems back to his entire time here.

Wake up LDC, open your eyes. 

He did well for us for two glorious seasons in the Championship, but his management techniques weren't up to the Premier League. 

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Can’t believe we’ve just had our first new manager installed in 4 years and the main topic of conversation is a two week old Cantwell Instagram post. Why do people care so much?

He’ll have the same chance as every other player under the new manager you’d hope. A guy that’s guided some promising talents into real top class premier league players. I’ll wait to see what now happens with Cantwell, but personally I won’t be checking his Instagram to inform that opinion.

I don't particularly care for the initial picture. 

I backed him for as long as I possibly could during this most recent episode, more than most people did, however since Farke's sacking its become very obvious that it wasn't at all a fitness related issue but a mentality / focus one. Again. As it was last year.

So that's where the timing of the criticism comes for me personally. Yes he gets a fresh slate now under Smith, but that slate was clearly far from fresh under Farke and I'm disappointed that Todd lacked the dedication to get back into Farke's good books - that's all.

But again I re-iterate, I'm absolutely 100% behind him coming back to the team and will be more than happy if he manages to reform under Smith. 

It just seems funny to me though, as I'm sure if Farke had stayed and we lost Cantwell in January due to this fall out then we'd be hearing from all the posters currently offering 100% unequivocal support to Cantwell, without any consideration for his lack of professionalism, about how we had to sell because of his attitude problems for the good of the team etc etc. We saw the same comments made when Buendia left. 

It seems that during internal NCFC fall outs, history is remembered most fondly for the party who stays the longest.

Well I'm all for supporting our players, but I don't think a player who quite clearly has lacked focus in recent months, having let down the club once before already, is above criticism. 

1 hour ago, Indy said:

To be honest on this thread I can’t see anyone actually being anything than hopeful for Cantwell! We can see there’s been issues, he himself knows he’s got an opportunity to get back into things and we’ve all said the same thing in this thread.

I think you should have another look...

17 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I think you should have another look...

I have and other than saying he should do less social media and more to get back into the team, there’s nothing here! Or have I missed a comment? 
I don’t think it’s unwarranted to comment on why he’s lost his place knowing just how good he was, how he’s developed under Farke and it’s only this season which the clubs hierarchy have questioned his attitude towards the job. None of us know the details but we’re not discussing them, as I said earlier, I don’t much care what he does in his personal life, I do care how he apples himself to the team I follow! He’s got so much potential he needs to realise with focus and application he can be a top player and that’s what most of us are implying. He’s 24 in three months that’s heading to his prime years, shame to waste them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I have and other than saying he should do less social media and more to get back into the team, there’s nothing here! Or have I missed a comment? 
I don’t think it’s unwarranted to comment on why he’s lost his place knowing just how good he was, how he’s developed under Farke and it’s only this season which the clubs hierarchy have questioned his attitude towards the job. None of us know the details but we’re not discussing them, as I said earlier, I don’t much care what he does in his personal life, I do care how he apples himself to the team I follow! He’s got so much potential he needs to realise with focus and application he can be a top player and that’s what most of us are implying. He’s 24 in three months that’s heading to his prime years, shame to waste them.

Well it's funny how we all see things differently. All a can see are mainly comments with negative connotations towards him.

4 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Well it's funny how we all see things differently. All a can see are mainly comments with negative connotations towards him.

Sorry WOS, but at present he’s not anywhere near the team, he’s not had full training sessions, Farke has been very protective of Cantwell encouraging him to get the two weeks of full training behind him to get back, none of us know why he’s not been fully involved. The one common thread through this is we all want the best focused Cantwell back in the starting 11! I can’t see any really negative comments more of discussing how he can be bought back into the fold quickly fully focused! 

Edited by Indy

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sorry WOS, but at present he’s not anywhere near the team, he’s not had full training sessions, Farke has been very protective of Cantwell encouraging him to get the two weeks of full training behind him to get back, none of us know why he’s not been fully involved. The one common thread through this is we all want the best focused Cantwell back in the starting 11! I can’t see any really negative comments more of discussing how he can be bought back into the fold quickly fully focused! 

I agree we need a fully fit and focussed Cantwell back in the match day squad 👍

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I don't particularly care for the initial picture. 

I backed him for as long as I possibly could during this most recent episode, more than most people did, however since Farke's sacking its become very obvious that it wasn't at all a fitness related issue but a mentality / focus one. Again. As it was last year.

So that's where the timing of the criticism comes for me personally. Yes he gets a fresh slate now under Smith, but that slate was clearly far from fresh under Farke and I'm disappointed that Todd lacked the dedication to get back into Farke's good books - that's all.

But again I re-iterate, I'm absolutely 100% behind him coming back to the team and will be more than happy if he manages to reform under Smith. 

It just seems funny to me though, as I'm sure if Farke had stayed and we lost Cantwell in January due to this fall out then we'd be hearing from all the posters currently offering 100% unequivocal support to Cantwell, without any consideration for his lack of professionalism, about how we had to sell because of his attitude problems for the good of the team etc etc. We saw the same comments made when Buendia left. 

It seems that during internal NCFC fall outs, history is remembered most fondly for the party who stays the longest.

Well I'm all for supporting our players, but I don't think a player who quite clearly has lacked focus in recent months, having let down the club once before already, is above criticism. 

I've seen no evidence for his lack of professionalism, attitude problems or lack of focus - other than what Farke has inferred. Webber doesn't think so or he wouldn't be back training with the fist team. His team mates seem to be behind him and there are other players who have been frozen out. Some players have been sent out on loan as soon as they arrive. 

I wonder why Emi was so determined to leave, but by saying that he wouldn't play again he got exactly what he wanted. We all want Todd and Gilmour back in top form but the damage might already be done. 

5 hours ago, curious yellow said:

Something has gone on but it doesn't mean that it's a tantrum. Todd has never walked out or refused to play. Perhaps Farke had the tantrum, he's fallen out quite a few players. I've never seen any evidence that Leitner was a trouble maker but I've seen that he was a quality player who could have made a difference when we were struggling. What have Gilmour, Tzolis and Sorensen done? If they had made any comments they would probably have been banished and made an example of, like Cantwell. 

If this incident has influenced the sacking of Farke, it could be a major contribution in a change of fortune which the club desperately needs to progress. 

Fair poin6t except Leitner who had a history of going a bit off the rails. You have to back the manager in these cases though if the rest of the squad are playing for him, which was the case in Farke's reign. Let's hope Cantwell comes good again though - that's in all our interest.

I’m sure he’ll look back on these pictures and messages in a few years and think , ‘ wasn’t I a prat’, because my 14 year old daughter is doing the same stuff now.

He needs to close media and start doing what’s he’s half decent at, Kicking a football and running around, all the rest is just embarrassing.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

I've seen no evidence for his lack of professionalism, attitude problems or lack of focus - other than what Farke has inferred. Webber doesn't think so or he wouldn't be back training with the fist team. His team mates seem to be behind him and there are other players who have been frozen out. Some players have been sent out on loan as soon as they arrive. 

I wonder why Emi was so determined to leave, but by saying that he wouldn't play again he got exactly what he wanted. We all want Todd and Gilmour back in top form but the damage might already be done. 

What do you mean by 'other than what Farke has inferred', did you need more proof than that? 

Farke certainly would not isolate our best creative talent from the picture when the first team was in desperate need of an in form Cantwell for no good reason now would he? 

Farke was always a very principled man and maybe a bit stubborn in his ways, but was always forthcoming that he simply doesn't accept less than 100% commitment to the cause - we saw this in action with Oliveira pretty early on in his tenure and then Leitner too who couldn't comply with this ethos.

If it isn't a lack of focus or professionalism with Cantwell then what else would you call it? We all know he's good enough to play. 

Ask yourself why Cantwell receives that treatment, when we all are so aware of his talents (as was Farke), yet no one else with comparable ability at the club ever has been. When was Aarons frozen to the under-23s? What about Godfrey, Lewis, Omobamidele, Idah?

The only examples you can point to are ones where either; 1) the player loss commitment to the cause (Leitner), or 2) the player is no longer considered part of the first team.

And yes I'm sure his team mates are behind him, and I'm sure Webber wants him to come back into the team under a fresh start. Not sure what that proves exactly? It would make little sense to continue punishing Cantwell for failing to comply with a manager's ethos who is no longer at the club.

I'd also say all his social media posts around football and the cryptic stuff he likes to share for a reaction are an indication of someone who isn't the most mature, nor the most professional and focused person in the squad. Again, show me when Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Omobamidele and Idah have done that? 

How much more evidence do you need?

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

I still can't believe people are getting on Farke's back and making out it was his problem with Cantwell - absolute nonsense.

I have absolutely no doubt that Cantwell's immaturity, unprofessionalism and 'full of himself' nature contributed to Farke getting the boot. Not the only reason, but definitely part of it.

Edited by alex_ncfc
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

The best managers 'manage' different personalities to get the best from them.

Managers who are limited in their own ability take things personally, get angry and bite their own nose off to spite their face.

Then they do it again and again until they get the sack.

Like Fergie did with Ince, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Keane... Fergie was a thin-skinned as you get. Although I appreciate the game has changed.

8 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What do you mean by 'other than what Farke has inferred', did you need more proof than that? 

Farke certainly would not isolate our best creative talent from the picture when the first team was in desperate need of an in form Cantwell for no good reason now would he? 

Farke was always a very principled man and maybe a bit stubborn in his ways, but was always forthcoming that he simply doesn't accept less than 100% commitment to the cause - we saw this in action with Oliveira pretty early on in his tenure and then Leitner too who couldn't comply with this ethos.

If it isn't a lack of focus or professionalism with Cantwell then what else would you call it? We all know he's good enough to play. 

Ask yourself why Cantwell receives that treatment, when we all are so aware of his talents (as was Farke), yet no one else with comparable ability at the club ever has been. When was Aarons frozen to the under-23s? What about Godfrey, Lewis, Omobamidele, Idah?

The only examples you can point to are ones where either; 1) the player loss commitment to the cause (Leitner), or 2) the player is no longer considered part of the first team.

And yes I'm sure his team mates are behind him, and I'm sure Webber wants him to come back into the team under a fresh start. Not sure what that proves exactly? It would make little sense to continue punishing Cantwell for failing to comply with a manager's ethos who is no longer at the club.

I'd also say all his social media posts around football and the cryptic stuff he likes to share for a reaction are an indication of someone who isn't the most mature, nor the most professional and focused person in the squad. Again, show me when Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis, Omobamidele and Idah have done that? 

How much more evidence do you need?

The reality is that if we were sitting in 11th people would be celebrating Farke's toughness and Todd would have been back training hard to get back in.

Fine margins sometimes. This time it backfired on Farke and people are behind Todd... until he does it again, which he probably will.

I agree Cantwell needs to focus on getting his football career back in place, but criticising extremely ephemeral insta posting, which takes all of 30 seconds to compose, take a photo, edit, annotate and upload, does sound a little over the top. 

No-one on here knows what really goes on at Colney, we have Farkes comments at pre-match briefings and a thrice edited post by Todd hinting at a difference of opinion (but over what, training shoe brands / choice of pet / best Norfolk beach / who knows🤷‍♂️), yet somehow Todd is deemed a disrupting influence.  If someone has real evidence of this outside of Insta posts I would be grateful to hear of it.

• Like 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

I agree Cantwell needs to focus on getting his football career back in place, but criticising extremely ephemeral insta posting, which takes all of 30 seconds to compose, take a photo, edit, annotate and upload, does sound a little over the top. 

No-one on here knows what really goes on at Colney, we have Farkes comments at pre-match briefings and a thrice edited post by Todd hinting at a difference of opinion (but over what, training shoe brands / choice of pet / best Norfolk beach / who knows🤷‍♂️), yet somehow Todd is deemed a disrupting influence.  If someone has real evidence of this outside of Insta posts I would be grateful to hear of it.

I think if he posted the weird cryptic stuff but was still in and around the first team and playing then there would be no issue, its the fact that something is affecting his football and then he's stoking the attention somewhat with ambiguous posts. 

And I don't think Farke would have an issue with simply a 'difference in opinion', I'm sure Farke welcomed input from his players and to know how they felt about his decision making. But at the end of the day the manager makes the calls and the players should respect that, clearly Cantwell took his differences further than others would and also further than Farke was willing to accept.

I don't think we're going to get definitive evidence beyond that, but I'm surprised anyone needs to hear anything more!

19 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The reality is that if we were sitting in 11th people would be celebrating Farke's toughness and Todd would have been back training hard to get back in.

Fine margins sometimes. This time it backfired on Farke and people are behind Todd... until he does it again, which he probably will.

Yes, pretty much this. I'm still slightly annoyed at the way it all went sour so soon. Players behind the scenes complaining or getting restless - especially those not playing - to me is wrong.......it ought to be a case of "when the going gets tough the tough get going" and they should be buckling down even more. 

3 hours ago, gazinOZ said:

LEAVE HIM ALONE

Unbelievable!!!

Do you enjoy a chat about your team?

19 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, pretty much this. I'm still slightly annoyed at the way it all went sour so soon. Players behind the scenes complaining or getting restless - especially those not playing - to me is wrong.......it ought to be a case of "when the going gets tough the tough get going" and they should be buckling down even more. 

The reality is we are bottom of this league 

I thought we had moved on to the Smith era. There is probably right and wrong on both sides. Unless you have 100 percent evidence of one or the other. 

16 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Do you enjoy a chat about your team?

Love it and love my team, which is why i wont be quiet when one of our best players is vilified constantly.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Like Fergie did with Ince, Stam, Van Nistelrooy, Beckham, Keane... Fergie was a thin-skinned as you get. Although I appreciate the game has changed.

Fergie may have given out the hairdryer treatment (as you say, it was of it's day) but he played his best players to win games.