Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Cantwell has a message for us Norwich faithful

30 minutes ago, Star55 said:

Here is a post that TC posted this weekend but Cambridge Canary chose to post an old pic with his dog about not playing games to stir up things.

To me this post seems that he is in a more positive place.  

Capture.PNG.6f759f9931bef32cbcb843606e456ffe.PNG

Yeah but it's harder to rip into one of our young home-grown players if we were to use that more recent, positive post.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Keep poking the guy with a stick and then get all angry and indignant when he reacts!

Now that I find somewhat ironic as I remember not so long back someone liking posts of a poster that kept having an unprovoked dig out of nowhere at another poster, which resulted in the folk having a pop getting called pr1cks and then suddenly there were some very upset people when they got their fully deserved reaction.

Have no idea what’s gone on with Todd, I’m sure like any human being he’s made his mistakes, but I totally agree there’s been some way out of order accusations and presumptions levelled at him on here such as question marks around his sexuality etc so I do understand why he may very well be tired of silly gossip and is thinking of moving on. It will be our loss though make no mistake - a bit of love and support without the need to be so judgemental and I have no doubt he would be an absolutely massive asset in Dean Smith’s quest to keep us up, and beyond.

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah but it's harder to rip into one of our young home-grown players if we were to use that more recent, positive post.

Possibly for some, but the reaction I’ve got just for questioning his training attitude when Farke & the club have basically said so and Farke pretty much appeared to be protecting Todd. I’ve never commented nor will I on any rubbish rumour, Todd personal life is his own, but his footballing career is in part all ours too, a fully focused firing Cantwell gives us a potent weapon in any league! Fully focused on his career brilliant. Now show us on the pitch……

Edited by Indy

17 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Now that I find somewhat ironic as I remember not so long back someone liking posts of a poster that kept having an unprovoked dig out of nowhere at another poster, which resulted in the folk having a pop getting called pr1cks and then suddenly there were some very upset people when they got their fully deserved reaction.

Are people other than Hairy Canary supposed to work out what the hell you are talking about?

Is there a prize for solving this riddle?

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

One positive to all of this (if the rumours were true that Villa were interested in him) is that Smith is a fan so hopefully can now get the best from him.

He's a fan of Rashica as well, so that bodes well with potentially playing more than one attacking player in a game 😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He's a fan of Rashica as well, so that bodes well with potentially playing more than one attacking player in a game 😂

Biggest question is Is he a fan of McLean !🤔

Edited by Indy

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Possibly for some, but the reaction I’ve got just for questioning his training attitude when Farke & the club have basically said so and Farke pretty much appeared to be protecting Todd. I’ve never commented nor will I on any rubbish rumour, Todd personal life is his own, but his footballing career is in part all ours too, a fully focused firing Cantwell gives us a potent weapon in any league! Fully focused on his career brilliant. Now show us on the pitch……

100% agree with this. I think there are legitimate questions that can be raised about his professionalism over the past 12 months and I can't blame anyone for feeling a bit let down by the level of commitment displayed by 'one of our own'.

Its perfectly reasonable to feel disappointed or even a little angered by those actions without abusing him directly, or condoning a single 'fan' who has done. 

It reminds me of those people who sh1t over an entire political protest because a very small portion can sometimes be unsavoury, yes lets ignore the point people in the middle are trying to make and focus on the 0.1% of extremity on one side!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Indy said:

So what’s your thoughts on his attitude and performance then? If they’re genuinely down to earth, I’d hope his dad might just have a word in his shell like! Just to give him a little nudge as he’s got the potential!

Indy I have watched Todd play at city since he was 13

My Nephew was in the same team 

it has to be inside the person playing not the parents 

I know a boy just as good as Todd ( same age group ) did not make it due to him not really wanting it 

his parents told him to knuckle down this was his chance etc but no good just didn't want to put the work in 

coaches said to him take a year out to see if you really want it 

it comes to easy for some people ,the boy in Question knew he was good so knew even if he put in 90 % he would still play well 

Norwich really thought he was that good his scouting report was better than Craig Bellamy's at the same age 

you could not get that extra 10 % out of him that is why he is playing non league football 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Indy I have watched Todd play at city since he was 13

My Nephew was in the same team 

it has to be inside the person playing not the parents 

I know a boy just as good as Todd ( same age group ) did not make it due to him not really wanting it 

his parents told him to knuckle down this was his chance etc but no good just didn't want to put the work in 

coaches said to him take a year out to see if you really want it 

it comes to easy for some people ,the boy in Question knew he was good so knew even if he put in 90 % he would still play well 

Norwich really thought he was that good his scouting report was better than Craig Bellamy's at the same age 

you could not get that extra 10 % out of him that is why he is playing non league football 

Totally agree, and I can see it in Cantwell, his last season in the premiership to hit the levels he did it’s in him, no doubt. All I said was maybe his dad can nudge him in the right direction as if his relationship is the same as me with my parents they have had an influence on my attitude in my past. Helped me focus, admittedly it was at a much younger age than 23.

But yes agree with your comments.

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Totally agree, and I can see it in Cantwell, his last season in the premiership to hit the levels he did it’s in him, no doubt. All I said was maybe his dad can nudge him in the right direction as if his relationship is the same as me with my parents they have had an influence on my attitude in my past. Helped me focus, admittedly it was at a much younger age than 23.

But yes agree with your comments.

yes I agree some people take up the challenge some do not 

My Nephew stopped playing went for a good job found women and drink 

now back playing I must admit he put in 110 % but was not good enough 

also remember a ex players son wanted to be just like his dad and would try to play just like his dad 

his dad even said you are not good enough to do that just play Normal football but it was in his head and you could not shift it 

7 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

yes I agree some people take up the challenge some do not 

My Nephew stopped playing went for a good job found women and drink 

now back playing I must admit he put in 110 % but was not good enough 

also remember a ex players son wanted to be just like his dad and would try to play just like his dad 

his dad even said you are not good enough to do that just play Normal football but it was in his head and you could not shift it 

I was lucky enough to have trials, in the good old days where you got invited! Oxford for me got a call back at 17, my dad encouraged me to stay in my engineering apprenticeship, which I’m really glad about. For the record I went to my call back, trained with the Oxford first team then spent the day in training matches, had my final interview with Maurice Evans who politely told me I wouldn’t make it as a pro! (Thing was he said as a real coach……his words While I have a hole in my backside you just won’t make it son) 😂👍

I just want to see Cantwell back and firing, he’s still the best we have on that pitch at his best.

• Haha 1

Another positive from TC.  He liked the NCFC instagram post about DS becoming manager. I think people just need to give the kid a break and let him be the best that he can be. 👍

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Star55 said:

Another positive from TC.  He liked the NCFC instagram post about DS becoming manager. I think people just need to give the kid a break and let him be the best that he can be. 👍

Capture.PNG

I think that’s the point, he’s not a kid, he’s 24 in three months! But great to see a positive reaction from him.💚💛

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Farke's job was on the line, I find it hard to believe he omitted our best creative player during a time the club severely needed him just for sh1ts and giggles. 

You and I don't know the full story, it'll probably come out in time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I was lucky enough to have trials, in the good old days where you got invited! Oxford for me got a call back at 17, my dad encouraged me to stay in my engineering apprenticeship, which I’m really glad about. For the record I went to my call back, trained with the Oxford first team then spent the day in training matches, had my final interview with Maurice Evans who politely told me I wouldn’t make it as a pro! (Thing was he said as a real coach……his words While I have a hole in my backside you just won’t make it son) 😂👍

I just want to see Cantwell back and firing, he’s still the best we have on that pitch at his best.

😂 Great Story 

I want Cantwell back but he has always been what I call sensitive 

I think this Social Media stuff is not good for him 

he loves the attention but attention can be good and also bad like it is at the moment 

it is hard for him since he was young in youth team under 14's everyone has said oh thats Todd he is going to make it oh he will be a star etc 

a lot of Pressure and I am sure it effects a young man when you get praised so much then when you get in 1st team it is the time when you are not the star and you are not getting praised all the time 

• Like 1

Todd is key this year and is arguably our best player. We need him back and on form...but these tantrums are doing him no favours. The big teams and big managers just wont accept it and the best players dont really do it. It's a concern for me, but his talent is there for all to see.

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

a lot of Pressure and I am sure it effects a young man when you get praised so much then when you get in 1st team it is the time when you are not the star and you are not getting praised all the time 

With the greatest respect, surely that applies to a hell of a lot of footballers when only 1 or 2 per age group make it, most players out there will have been the best in their year or one of the best.

He's almost 24 now, he's not 19.

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Todd is key this year and is arguably our best player. We need him back and on form...but these tantrums are doing him no favours. The big teams and big managers just wont accept it and the best players dont really do it. It's a concern for me, but his talent is there for all to see.

What tantrums? 

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

With the greatest respect, surely that applies to a hell of a lot of footballers when only 1 or 2 per age group make it, most players out there will have been the best in their year or one of the best.

He's almost 24 now, he's not 19.

yes I get your point 

but it is like some people can deal with it better than others 

I agree he is nearly 24 and should drop that social media rubbish 

but also some people do not mature as quick as others 

But I just hope now with smith here he has a clean slate knuckles down and shows us what he can do 

I think this is a turning point go on have a great career or be one of those players that is sold and slides down the leagues from club to club and wishes he had listened 

24 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Start of last season, this season?? Something has gone on.

Something has gone on but it doesn't mean that it's a tantrum. Todd has never walked out or refused to play. Perhaps Farke had the tantrum, he's fallen out quite a few players. I've never seen any evidence that Leitner was a trouble maker but I've seen that he was a quality player who could have made a difference when we were struggling. What have Gilmour, Tzolis and Sorensen done? If they had made any comments they would probably have been banished and made an example of, like Cantwell. 

If this incident has influenced the sacking of Farke, it could be a major contribution in a change of fortune which the club desperately needs to progress. 

52 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The best managers 'manage' different personalities to get the best from them.

Managers who are limited in their own ability take things personally, get angry and bite their own nose off to spite their face.

Then they do it again and again until they get the sack.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

This vilification of one of our own never ceases to amaze me.

Totally hear you, Sparra 👍

I’m really not sure what Cambridge’s motive was for regarding this post. And I think Todd would be 100% justified in thinking it was just to stir up the pot in a negative manner towards himself. Not needed, and not helpful at a time when we want to see fresh slates for all.

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I think this is a turning point go on have a great career or be one of those players that is sold and slides down the leagues from club to club and wishes he had listened 

Agreed, a crossroads.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Personally I 100% blame Farke for that absence. There is a clear trend of Farke excluding players who he may not have seen eye to eye with on certain things 

Disagree with you on this one Jim.

The coach/manager is in charge and if players don't tow the line they must expect repercussions. If you let players dictate things you're on on a slippery slope to chaos.

Hopefully with a new man here Cantwell will grab the olive branch with both hands. It's in both his and the club's interest that he does.

• Like 4

Todd should have a chat with Max about maturity and work ethic. Now that player knows how to deal with knock backs, keep focused and never throws his toys out the pram. 

43 minutes ago, Number9 said:

The best managers 'manage' different personalities to get the best from them.

Managers who are limited in their own ability take things personally, get angry and bite their own nose off to spite their face.

Then they do it again and again until they get the sack.

There are different ways to manage.  Setting boundaries for behaviour is a clear and strong way of going about it - and if people step out of line, then they get reprimanded, given the opportunity to redeem themselves and all is good. The problem with that is if the authority of the manager becomes undermined - and that usually happens when things aren't going  well on the pitch.

Farke has had it all to deal with this season - covid/losing several good characters, new players coming in late on........some new loan players from big clubs with their own ideas as to how they should be treated, one or two here already who have been a bit resentful in the past - and it's easy to see how the balance goes.