cambridgeshire canary

Idah starting for Ireland..

What annoyed me over summer is this insistence that we didn’t need another reputable striker as we had Idah in the house. Heaven forbid Pukki gets injured. 

42 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

If Smith gets any money for the next transfer window I think he’ll spend the lot on a striker

The EDP Q&A the other day bought up potential incomings and they reckon (fairly imo) it depends on league position. If we’re ok then potentially a gritty DM as well. 

You’re right though, a striker who can do a job in the Champ (if we’re fkd by Jan) should be top of the list. 

Idah always seems to me to be little overweight/ unfit/ no stranger to a fish and chip supper/ salad dodger. Perhaps it’s just me but he seems to be a yard slower than the defenders.

He's up there with Gilmore and Tzolis for me in the "good player, wrong team" category. His game doesn't suit the way we play. When he's had his chances like against Liverpool in the Carabao he didn't take them.

Nowhere near good enough for the PL. Farke etc al promised great things from Idah this season. What I've seen of him, for both Norwich and RoI is lots of huff and puff, no end product. Poor first touch and seems to make runs only to mark himself. He doesn't anticipate and go toward space. Won't be surprised at all to see him moved on. I maybe proved wrong, I hope I am, but I suspect his level is mid-Championship at best

Doesn't look anywhere near fit enough, no pace, no strength for a big lad, no footballing brain, can't score..... Apart from that 😉

Another year or two and he'll be somewhere like Rochdale