cambridgeshire canary

Idah starting for Ireland..

It probably happens quite often with smaller nations.

What are you proposing? That he start ahead of Pukki?

Always had time for Idah, struggle to understand the criticism I often hear of him in the ground. City fans seem to love a Holty type character but struggle to support someone like Morrison who doesn’t bust a gut over lost causes.

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Really is a shambles that a player as talented as him is starting for his national team far more often than he is with us

That happens all over the Premier League for countless players who play for smaller nations.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Really is a shambles that a player as talented as him is starting for his national team far more often than he is with us

Ahead of who, exactly?  

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

City fans seem to love a Holty type character but struggle to support someone like Morrison who doesn’t bust a gut over lost causes.

Players are paid a ****load of cash, the least you could expect is that they will bust a gut for the team/supporters - it’s surely true of supporters at all clubs that they will have a soft spot for those who go the extra mile and clearly put effort in.

7 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

Idah got the attributes but not the footballer brain. 

That is it. Will never be a EPL player.Probably not even championship. Sorry,may be harsh,but have seen nothing to suggest that he can make that step up. The Liverpool cup game proved that. Got the control of a bagatelle table.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Ahead of who, exactly?  

Players are paid a ****load of cash, the least you could expect is that they will bust a gut for the team/supporters - it’s surely true of supporters at all clubs that they will have a soft spot for those who go the extra mile and clearly put effort in.

Busting a gut is no measure of quality

It's not a shambles, I just don't see anything about him that suggests he would be a regular goal scorer. It reminds me of the days when people raved about Ryan Jarvis being the next big thing and "why isn't he starting" etc but he was just hopeless. 

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Did anyone say it is?  Lee Croft springs to mind….

Always loved a mars bar

47 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

He's 20 years old lad! Wind yer neck in. He's never ahead of Pukki right now but his time will come I'm certain. 

He needs a championship loan to help him find a bit of confidence in front of goal. He's no way good enough for us right now. Rather have Hugill.

37 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

He's 20 years old lad! Wind yer neck in. He's never ahead of Pukki right now but his time will come I'm certain. 

...what do I know? He was subbed 20 minutes ago and his replacement has already assisted 2. 😄👀

He doesn't look like scoring at the moment - I saw most of the match and he had one good attempt.  As soon as he was taken off at 0-0 and he was replaced with Josh Knight Ireland looked much more dangerous and ended up winning 3-0.  I didn't see it but apparently Sinani had a goal controversially ruled offside - from what I saw he didn't have much impact otherwise.

I still think Idah has the raw materials to be a very good player.

• Like 1

One would assume if he hasnt talent, shouldnt he, and R.O.I do better against teams like Luxembourg.

I feel sorry for him at Norwich but i just cant see him getting game time, especially in Premiership, so lets hope he gets a loan to see if he can develop 

Need to get over it, unfortunately the lad just isn't good enough. The reason he plays for the Republic is that if we were to play them we'd absolutely batter them. 

I'd be loathe to write him off at 20 but he needs a different path like a loan or a proper chance here, bits and pieces off the bench isn't doing him any good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rolf Harris said:

I'd disagree, he's got a lot to his game just not the goals. Basically reminds me of Sargent

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

I'd disagree, he's got a lot to his game just not the goals. Basically reminds me of Sargent

He is an excellent finisher. The issue is getting the chances, which to a certain extent relies on his team mates and depends on the job the manager asks him to do.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

He is an excellent finisher. The issue is getting the chances, which to a certain extent relies on his team mates and depends on the job the manager asks him to do.

In training maybe, when it matters he can’t deliver. 

Spot on @Midlands Yellow, don't get me wrong I like the lad and really want him to succeed but he needs to add some prolific-ness to his game if he is going to make it at this level, you have to be ruthless. Look at Pukki, often only has one or two chances but still scores when it matters (not so much this season yet though) 

4 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Would have preferred Hugill over Idah tbh

I would agree, and that really is saying something.