Sign in to follow this  
Robert Barnes

So realistically, how many points from the next 4 games would we be happy with

i think we could and should get 7.    6 points from the home games and 1 against Newcastle, can’t see much from spurs game

Thoughts ?

Edited by Robert Barnes
Update

7 would be absolutely fantastic.

But given Spurs (a) we will be huge odds against, I should think 4 or 5 points would be a good effort. I'd take winning 2 and losing 2 right now because 11pts from 15 games will put us firmly back in the mix.

Winning a game in this league is so difficult though when you have one of the weakest squads.

Southampton is probably our best chance of a win out of the 4, so I'm hoping for a bouncing atmosphere and the players getting a lift mentally.

These are all our remaining games, together with my predictions, our running points total - and a statement of the bleedin' obvious based on that. 

Southampton (h) W 8

Wolves (h) D 9

Newcastle (a) L 9

Tottenham (a) L 9

Man Utd (h) L 9

Villa (h) W 12

West Ham (a) L 12

Arsenal (h) L 12

Palace (a) L 12

Leicester (a) L 12

Everton (h) D 13

Watford (a) W 16 

Palace (h) D 17

Man City (h) L 17

Liverpool (a) L 17

Southampton (a) L 17

Brentford (h) W 20

Leeds (a) L 20

Chelsea (h) L 20

Brighton (a) D 21

Burnley (h) W 24

Man Utd (a) L 24

Newcastle (h) W 27

Villa (a) L 27

West Ham (h) L 27

Wolves (a) D 28

Tottenham (h) L 28

The games against Burnley, Brentford and Watford are all absolute must wins. But the key to any escape involves unexpected bonus wins v in two or three games. With regard to which, I'd pick out Man Utd home and away (they're a shambles, and Smith's already won there this season - but their away form is generally good); both Wolves games (they'll be on the beach when we go to Molineux); Palace, Everton and West Ham all at home. Unfortunately, the latter will probably be chasing CL football when they come to Carrow Road. We have to hope the other two are pottering around mid-table.

We are EIGHT POINTS adrift of where I thought we needed to be at this stage. 28 plus 8 = 36, good enough for survival this season. We need at least 34 (but more likely 35 given our goal difference), to have some sort of chance.

Edited by thebigfeller
  • Thanks 1

Some wishful thinking on this thread. It will take time for things to settle. 4 points from the next 4 games would be a good return. I'd be amazed if we got that many.

1 hour ago, thebigfeller said:

These are all our remaining games, together with my predictions, our running points total - and a statement of the bleedin' obvious based on that. 

Southampton (h) W 8

Wolves (h) D 9

Newcastle (a) L 9

Tottenham (a) L 9

Man Utd (h) L 9

Villa (h) W 12

West Ham (a) L 12

Arsenal (h) L 12

Palace (a) L 12

Leicester (a) L 12

Everton (h) D 13

Watford (a) W 16 

Palace (h) D 17

Man City (h) L 17

Liverpool (a) L 17

Southampton (a) L 17

Brentford (h) W 20

Leeds (a) L 20

Chelsea (h) L 20

Brighton (a) D 21

Burnley (h) W 24

Man Utd (a) L 24

Newcastle (h) W 27

Villa (a) L 27

West Ham (h) L 27

Wolves (a) D 28

Tottenham (h) L 28

The games against Burnley, Brentford and Watford are all absolute must wins. But the key to any escape involves unexpected bonus wins v in two or three games. With regard to which, I'd pick out Man Utd home and away (they're a shambles, and Smith's already won there this season - but their away form is generally good); both Wolves games (they'll be on the beach when we go to Molineux); Palace, Everton and West Ham all at home. Unfortunately, the latter will probably be chasing CL football when they come to Carrow Road. We have to hope the other two are pottering around mid-table.

We are EIGHT POINTS adrift of where I thought we needed to be at this stage. 28 plus 8 = 36, good enough for survival this season. We need at least 34 (but more likely 35 given our goal difference), to have some sort of chance.

This wont be far off.

A draw and then four loses…then a draw against Villa and then six losses…..first win against Palace!

Just want to get near the point per game average to stand a chance.  Next 4 games would take us to 15 played, we're 6 points short currently.

So, 7 points would take us to 12 points in 15 games.  I'd be incredibly pleased with that considering it's Spurs and Newcastle both with new managers, and more points than we've achieved all season so far.

For me, I think 4 is the absolute minimum, and on par with the point a game target - 10 is way out of line hopeful but what we require to be parity points per game, 7 sits somewhere in the middle of that but I can't see any better than 4 points right now.   Draw, Win, Loss, Loss I expect.

However, so much is unknown at this point.

Edited by Google Bot

So after 5 points from 10 people are looking at 7 points from 4? Think we need to be realistic. 5 points would show a significant improvement on ppg.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

So after 5 points from 10 people are looking at 7 points from 4? Think we need to be realistic. 5 points would show a significant improvement on ppg.

Well we’ve taken 5 from last 5 as…..👍😉

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

Did you know that 50% of the teams on 5 points after 11 games go on to avoid relegation.