Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Smith's first jobs....

11 hours ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

Find out where Norfolk is.

The first press conference he should be speaking in a Norfolk dialect, Schteve McClaren stylee.😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, lake district canary said:

TC has had plenty of chances to extend his contract. He took an age to sign the previous one too. But what exactly has he done to deserve an extension? P*ss off the manager to the extent of not playing for weeks on end - that's really helped the team, hasn't it..... By delaying he's hoping he will get a better contract because he knows the club would want him to sign to keep his selling price high. I hope the club call his bluff and let him go for next to nothing.

I may be doing him an injustice, but the tail wagging the dog doesn't wash with me - if he doesn't want to sign an extension, just let him go, we've got plenty of good midfielders at the club - and just because he is "one of our own" doesn't mean the sun shines out of his backside. I think he was great once he buckled down last season and could be again, but these episodes where he is out of the team does him and the team no favours.

If he gets picked for Saturday (and why should he be as he cannot be totally PL match fit) then he needs to be pretty darn good to justify his place.  I'm p*ssed off with the way it's gone this season and I don't think it is all Farkes fault - he has carried the can for other people's mistakes and agendas.  Cantwell against Leicester. Kabak against Leeds. Webber's insistence that the players are good enough when we can all see the issues there, from Krul's distribution, Hanley's awkwardness on the ball, weakness in the midfielders, attackers not yet experienced enough. 

We gambled the money we had mainly on young players - and they have not been up to it. Now who's fault is that? Farke's or Webbers?  Can Smith do any better?  We'll see, but I am not overly impressed with the situation. I think Smith has a huge task on his hands - just like Farke did - and we'll see if he can do any better.

Cantwell hasn't been offered a new contract, you jerk. The reason for this? Because Webber knows that if he is being frozen out by Farke, of course he won't sign up again. It's not hard to work out, is it?

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Imo of course - sort out the Cantwell situation, preferably by selling him as soon as possible and send Gilmour back to Chelsea straight away - and get the rest galvanised for the rest of the season. Cantwell has spent too much time out of the team at the start of two seasons in a row because of lack of focus or whatever and it really isn't good enough. Gilmour may be a good player, but doesn't seem cut out for a team fighting near the bottom of the table.

Contentious, yes, but true? Probably.  I dare say Smith will come in and say a clean slate for everyone, but I for one am no longer under any illusion about these two players.  He will be Mr Nice guy to start with, but he will have some tough decisions pretty quickly.

Unbelievable. You’re willing to give Farke unlimited chances to turn things around but 2 young, maybe misguided, very possibly mistreated young player can’t F off as far as you are concerned. 

2 players who might just have helped save your beloved Farke if he could put his ego and arrogance to one side and do what really good managers do, manage young players who sometimes let things get to them, overwhelm them, let thing go to their heads. But no it’s a case of isolate and bully them as far as I can see!

You really are blinkered, open you eyes man. The problem was Farke’s in ability to adapt. That was his downfall it ran through his management like a big dirt smear. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Cantwell hasn't been offered a new contract, you jerk. The reason for this? Because Webber knows that if he is being frozen out by Farke, of course he won't sign up again. It's not hard to work out, is it?

The question of contract was around long before this latest thing with Cantwell. He delayed signng last time too. Notice I don't insult you in countering your reasoning.

• Thanks 1

I imagine Smith will give Cantwell the opportunity to show his continuing commitment to the club in the next few games - both on the pitch and, hopefully, by signing again. 

But I think, pragmatically, we'd have to sell in January if he can't get a tune out of him.

7 hours ago, Bali Canary said:

Wow, unpredictable Cantwell who thinks he is too good for the team transformed into a one man saviour. Dream on!

He'll be a lot better at feeding Pukki than Sargent.

12 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

First thing Brummy Dean has to do is put his 'Peaky Blinders' box set away into the cupboard and then watch instead the dvd's of all our games since August 14th....

Apparently from reports of his interview, he's already well rehearsed on what Norwich have done this season so far.  He knows more about the team than Webber does.  So I'd allow him to watch the Peaky Blinders - some of that fighting spirit is what will be required!  😉

Fresh start, clean slate. I have no idea if Cantwell is anywhere near match fit, but he's got to earn his starting spot like everyone else.

If Smith can get Cantwell's head in the right place, and playing well that's a bonus for us. Again, can he integrate Gilmour in, and we see from him what all hoped we'd see. Will Mclean be able to keep his place, which seemed un-droppable under Farke.

His first line up will be intriguing!

Video nasties anyone.  Lakey hates Todd but has ongoing love in with coaches but yet to express facination with Deano.  Give him time wait until he struggles then the love will begin.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mengo said:

Let him go for nothing. WtF kind of statement is that. Then your talking about gambling the money on young players. They are the now and the future of this self funded club. We can't do it any other way with the resources we have. Your blaming individual players for errors. Shhhhit happens sometimes on the pitch.its not an exact science. Smith will relish this challenge.  As I think he has said before he likes to prove people wrong. 

Unfortunately you are still in denial .move on. 

Let him go for next nothing! So we can afford to blow £30mlion ?

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Imo of course - sort out the Cantwell situation, preferably by selling him as soon as possible and send Gilmour back to Chelsea straight away - and get the rest galvanised for the rest of the season. Cantwell has spent too much time out of the team at the start of two seasons in a row because of lack of focus or whatever and it really isn't good enough. Gilmour may be a good player, but doesn't seem cut out for a team fighting near the bottom of the table.

Contentious, yes, but true? Probably.  I dare say Smith will come in and say a clean slate for everyone, but I for one am no longer under any illusion about these two players.  He will be Mr Nice guy to start with, but he will have some tough decisions pretty quickly.

I’d imagine if he has any sense he will integrate both Cantwell and Gilmour back into the starting 11 as soon as possible. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

TC has had plenty of chances to extend his contract. He took an age to sign the previous one too. But what exactly has he done to deserve an extension? P*ss off the manager to the extent of not playing for weeks on end - that's really helped the team, hasn't it..... By delaying he's hoping he will get a better contract because he knows the club would want him to sign to keep his selling price high. I hope the club call his bluff and let him go for next to nothing.

I may be doing him an injustice, but the tail wagging the dog doesn't wash with me - if he doesn't want to sign an extension, just let him go, we've got plenty of good midfielders at the club - and just because he is "one of our own" doesn't mean the sun shines out of his backside. I think he was great once he buckled down last season and could be again, but these episodes where he is out of the team does him and the team no favours.

If he gets picked for Saturday (and why should he be as he cannot be totally PL match fit) then he needs to be pretty darn good to justify his place.  I'm p*ssed off with the way it's gone this season and I don't think it is all Farkes fault - he has carried the can for other people's mistakes and agendas.  Cantwell against Leicester. Kabak against Leeds. Webber's insistence that the players are good enough when we can all see the issues there, from Krul's distribution, Hanley's awkwardness on the ball, weakness in the midfielders, attackers not yet experienced enough. 

We gambled the money we had mainly on young players - and they have not been up to it. Now who's fault is that? Farke's or Webbers?  Can Smith do any better?  We'll see, but I am not overly impressed with the situation. I think Smith has a huge task on his hands - just like Farke did - and we'll see if he can do any better.

If Todd was as out of order as you imply Lakey what do you make of the fact that he’s back training with the first team before we’ve even appointed a new coach? In other words he’s been reinstated by Webber and Weaver? Would tend to suggest that at least part of the issue was Farke and that he perhaps rid himself no favours with his approach to Todd. 

Sorry LDC, but thats ridiculous, for a starter we still have almost 2 months till the transfer window.. so thats no sale and no replacement. We just let him rot whilst the team cries out for a change in thinking and a bit of creativity. 

New manager is a clean slate, that means Cantwell, Gilmour, Idah, Giannoulis and Sorenson should all be looking to prove what Farke seemed to have made his mind up about.

Of course the first thing the new manager has to do is get some points, and yes getting the team playing, he and his backroom staff can determine who is part of their plans and who is not. I do wonder what sort of financial backing they will be given if they want to make some signings in January?

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Apparently from reports of his interview, he's already well rehearsed on what Norwich have done this season so far.  He knows more about the team than Webber does.  So I'd allow him to watch the Peaky Blinders - some of that fighting spirit is what will be required!  😉

Good stuff.....Now off for a lunchtime pint in 'The Garrison'......

Op, you forgot the other part of your plan, resign Vrancic and play Idah up front.

Your recent threads have shown a lack of respect for our club, just like I was whilst Farke was here on Saturday at FCR I will be screaming my head off in support of the team I love.