Sign in to follow this  
Derby Canary

Did the wrong man get sacked?

12 hours ago, Derby Canary said:

Whilst every 'responder' has so far been supportive of Webber nobody has answered my original point ie Webber supplied the Summer recruits that he admits were largely 'investments' not day one Prem performers. Though how he regards the headless chicken (Sargent) as even an investment is beyond me! Farke was expected to survive in the Prem from, you guessed...day one.

Once again sent to the battle field without appropriate ammo!

It’s because you’re talking s**t mate 

Time will tell. In my view SW has to also shoulder the blame and also should be on his way. It was not surprising that Lampard backed out of the opportunity once he understood the limitations imposed by SW. He will have more attractive opportunities come his way. On the other hand Smith is a street fighter and accustomed to fighting in the trenches, and would not have the expectations of Lampard. He has very little to lose. The challenge is immense but his style is proactive and not reactive. He is more analytical than philosophical. Every player has to consider the slate has been wiped clean and must establish their credibility with Smith. One can expect players to play with much more energy and purpose in the coming weeks. The history in the Championship means nothing to Smith. SW can only hope that Smith will make him look good and possibly save his bacon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Bob you do realise that your email address is on view to all and sundry? 

I think he's on a dial-up connection 😀

1 hour ago, bob.eastick@yahoo.ca said:

Time will tell. In my view SW has to also shoulder the blame and also should be on his way. It was not surprising that Lampard backed out of the opportunity once he understood the limitations imposed by SW. He will have more attractive opportunities come his way. On the other hand Smith is a street fighter and accustomed to fighting in the trenches, and would not have the expectations of Lampard. He has very little to lose. The challenge is immense but his style is proactive and not reactive. He is more analytical than philosophical. Every player has to consider the slate has been wiped clean and must establish their credibility with Smith. One can expect players to play with much more energy and purpose in the coming weeks. The history in the Championship means nothing to Smith. SW can only hope that Smith will make him look good and possibly save his bacon.

If smith ‘saves Webber’s bacon’ that’ll mean that his recruitment of both players and managers would have been justified and that you cannot question it 

that’s the true definition of a ‘paradox’ 

10 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

35 out of 49 in the PL confirms beyond any measure of doubt that it was the correct decision to remove Farke. Yes Webber may have provided Farke with the 'list' for each signing but the FINAL decision was always down to Farke. 

How can you be sure of that. It seems most Directors of Football at most clubs do the wheeling and dealing with buying and selling players these day.