Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Buzzing about Dean Smith now....

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Smith is married, and has two children - a son and daughter, will he be taking them to Norwich ?

You sound like this guy 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Exactly, and Farke seems to be massively lack the bit in bold. 

That's why he had to go.

If Farke had been lacking in positivity it would have spilled into the attitude of the players and there was no sign of that. 

As it is, we're taking on the guy that took Norwich's star player to Aston Villa and failed to do anything constructive with him. 

I actually think the God's have smiled on Norwich here.

Smith and Shakespeare look like an inspired choice - exactly what City needed.

5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

I actually think the God's have smiled on Norwich here.

Smith and Shakespeare look like an inspired choice - exactly what City needed.

I hope this is the confirmed double act.

Shakespeare has huge experience and was in charge of Leicester for a while after Ranieri was sacked. Two for the price of one!

Having read many Villa forums posts of the week leading up to Smith's sacking its pretty amazing how close the situation was to Farke being sacked here...with obvious  differences in the earlier lead up. 

Having lost 5 in a row and also the most defeats for Villa in this calendar year than any other Premier club (18) it had been a slow general decline all thru this year, despite a few very good wins interspersed between the defeats.  Not just negative results but other factors came into play to such as Covid, injuries,  change of his staff during the Summer, Grealish leaving, and no doubt very big pressure on him to take Villa from being survivable  Prem club to actually doing more in the top half of the table.

It seems week after week he was more losing his way, unable to find an answer to get a team winning, tried around 5 different formations in the previous 13-14 games and players recently just seeming to be headless chickens with no idea what they were supposed to be doing...sounds familiar?

His final match vs. Southampton was the last straw..in the days leading up to his sacking  nearly every single Villa poster  was saying he had to go...but as here at City fans loved him...he was a local lad of course who had done  very good things in his time at Villa. It did not take a rocket scientist to know he was getting the boot..and hey Webber im sure knew this to.

But hey...Dean Smith, if that is our new head coach, will kick off proceedings against...Southampton...how ironic. But for Deano and Shakey (their forum nicks it seems) its a  fresh start, just as it will be for Daniel, wherever he ends up. Wish them all the best.

I'm with the OP. Does anyone else feel that Dean Smith might end up being a bit *"Lamberty" for us. (*before he went all "Judasy"). Keep The Faith ✊

• Like 1

I had doubts on Lampard, Smith, and Knutsen at first. Why?:

Lampard - Yes he has some managerial experience, but not much. Should really spend a few more years at a lower level club first

Smith - Changed Villa round and got them promoted in a similar way that Alex Neil did with us. Only scraped survival in their first season though and hasn’t done much better with them than Farke has with us so far this season 

Knutsen - Yes he’s done really well with his Norwegian team but he has no experience in English football. How strong is the Norwegian 1st tier in comparison to the PL?

However, I have more belief in Smith now after reading the news that he’s bringing Shakespeare with him as his coach who has vast experience of coaching in the top flight and has even worked for the England national team which makes him sound very good. Hopefully we’ll get some success, if not hopefully he’ll get us straight back up next season

Whether we stay up or go straight back down, I’m going to back him

Edited by HazzaJet
  • Like 1

He's here. He's our man now, and although I've said on many occasions I'd have preferred Favre, Nuno or Knutsen it doesn't matter. Smith is our man, and I will get behind him. And as I was probably one of the more patient ones with Farke, I shall try to be consistent with Smith if he shows similar willingness to play good football and looks like he's getting a tune out of the squad.

• Like 1