Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

Masterful manipulation of media by Webber

If you wanted to be cynical, you might think that NCFC encouraged all the talk about Lampard so that instead of asking why we are hiring a guy who has just been fired and finished 20 points behind Farke in 2018/19 despite having Grealish and a budget of about 12m, we are all going 'Phew, at least it's not Lampard!' Or we might be asking how Webber, this colossus of Europe, with his finger in every pie in every tiny corner of the globe managed to come up with a list of candidates that consisted of Lampard and Smith - even I could have done that at a fraction of the cost. Or why Farke has to be fired because he has 'taken the club as far as he can', while Webber presides over this embarrasing, incompetent shambles, but the same rule somehow doesn't apply to him - indeed, if rumours are to be believed, he gets an extension to his contract. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian said:

So, all in all, you think it's a good appointment then?

I'm open-minded about the appointment - it might work, it might not - and I certainly have nothing against Smith, who has simply applied for a job. Starting tomorrow, I will support Smith 100% in games. But I am not willing to go along with this beatification of Webber, who at best has made a complete balls-up of this and yet has got an extension to his contract, and at worst has been covering his own **** rather than looking after the good of the club.

14 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

If you wanted to be cynical, you might think that NCFC encouraged all the talk about Lampard so that instead of asking why we are hiring a guy who has just been fired and finished 20 points behind Farke in 2018/19 despite having Grealish and a budget of about 12m, we are all going 'Phew, at least it's not Lampard!' Or we might be asking how Webber, this colossus of Europe, with his finger in every pie in every tiny corner of the globe managed to come up with a list of candidates that consisted of Lampard and Smith - even I could have done that at a fraction of the cost. Or why Farke has to be fired because he has 'taken the club as far as he can', while Webber presides over this embarrasing, incompetent shambles, but the same rule somehow doesn't apply to him - indeed, if rumours are to be believed, he gets an extension to his contract. 

But how far ahead of Farke did he finish two seasons ago ffs?

This Farke love in is more embarrassing than anything else on here currently

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But how far ahead of Farke did he finish two seasons ago ffs?

This Farke love in is more embarrassing than anything else on here currently

14 points ahead, about 10 million quid in transfer spend for every point.

How many points did Farke get than Smith the year before, despite having a smaller budget?

Edited by canarydan23

Just now, canarydan23 said:

How many points did Farke get than Smith the year before, despite having a smaller budget?

I guess a kind-of fair counter argument that I keep getting drawn to is weve spent £60m this season and Farke has made us look worse than before this season.

Despite Villa spending so much I didn't think their recruitment was great that first season.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

In a different league you mean? Ok, let’s just use whatever to suit the agenda rather than the full facts shall we? 

It's not to do with a love-in with Farke - Farke has been pretty incompetent this season. It's about fairness. Webber has been every bit as incompetent and some people on here are hailing him as a genius.

EDIT: If the best Webber can do when we really need him is to come up with a shortlist that consists of Lampard and Smith, we could spend our money much more wisely.

Edited by canarybubbles

To be fair to Webber - and I know I've criticised him this week - he may have been between a rock and a hard place over this. Trying to fathom out what has been going on has been difficult and on the face of it an almighty shambles, but there may be circumstances that explain it.  Too many difficulties behind the scenes may have made life very difficult for Farke, especially if he was dealing with multi self-entitled young footballers who have got too big for their boots - and not forgetting there may have been disagreements bewteen DF and Webber too.  That combined with poor results probably forced his hand to act.  The Brentford result was a bit of a fly in the ointment, but ultimately made no difference if things were not right behind the scenes. 

We all assumed someone was lined up, but maybe there just wasn't because the only time to sack Farke and get enough time to find someone else in was there after that Brentford game and the two week break. I still think it's been a bit of a shambles - but maybe we'll find out more about the circumstances as time goes on.

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

In a different league you mean? Ok, let’s just use whatever to suit the agenda rather than the full facts shall we? 

You're *so* close to getting it.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

It's not to do with a love-in with Farke - Farke has been pretty incompetent this season. It's about fairness. Webber has been every bit as incompetent and some people on here are hailing him as a genius.

Don't disagree, but now he has nowhere to hide. Dean's potential appointment is now make or break for Webber.

I’m done with all this ****e tbh! 

It’s embarrassing how so many people think an abject failure in the top flight was so wonderful, if he was that great why weren’t we 10 points clear of the relegation zone? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Don't disagree, but now he has nowhere to hide. Dean's potential appointment is now make or break for Webber.

Sadly, I doubt it. He may not have been doing his job getting a list of potential managers from continental Europe in the event of a crisis, but I'm sure he'll have a list of continental clubs who might be looking for a Director of Football.

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

How far ahead did he finish ahead of Farke last season too?

3 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

I’m done with all this ****e tbh! 

It’s embarrassing how so many people think an abject failure in the top flight was so wonderful, if he was that great why weren’t we 10 points clear of the relegation zone? 

You really don't get what some of us are saying, do you? It's nothing to do with Farke - on balance I'm actually in favour of sacking him. It's to do with the fact that Webber is paid a lot of money to be ready for this kind of situation and he has made an absolute pig's ear of it. And remember, he was not reacting to events (e.g. Farke resigns). He (Webber) CHOSE when this would happen, but still lacked the basic competence to deal with it anywhere near effectively.

5 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

You really don't get what some of us are saying, do you? It's nothing to do with Farke - on balance I'm actually in favour of sacking him. It's to do with the fact that Webber is paid a lot of money to be ready for this kind of situation and he has made an absolute pig's ear of it. And remember, he was not reacting to events (e.g. Farke resigns). He (Webber) CHOSE when this would happen, but still lacked the basic competence to deal with it anywhere near effectively.

I’d rather have Webber running the club than the clowns on here!

Does anyone truly know what has gone on other than Webber himself? 

It’s great when people claim to know yet clearly don’t know what’s gone on

• Like 1