Sign in to follow this  
Jimaldinho

Best opposition players that you have seen at Carrow Road

This post has nothing to do with anything going on at the moment but ive decided to start it purely out of interest.

The best 2 players i have ever seen play against Norwich are:

Henrick Larsson (Testimonial game VS Celtic)

Adriano (friendly VS Inter Milan)

I remember being blown away by watching Mark Hughes back in 198? just after he had come back to the UK from Barcelona.  He volleyed in a superb goal in front of the River End and was the perfect centre forward that day.

And I was blown away by Neville Southall back in the 80s / early 90s too.  Best keeper I have ever seen at Carrow Road - kept some amazing Rosy/Fleck shots out - plucked em out of nowhere.

David Ginola - during a pre-season friendly with Spurs he was facing the City stand (back to the play) right on the touchline with 2 City players behind him. In one move he somehow contrived to spin, break between both players and send a swerving, dipping shot inches over the bar - brilliant!

Eric Cantona in Gunny''s testimonial - the man was four passes ahead of EVERYONE on the pitch and seemed to have a forcefield surrounding him ''cos no-one got near him to even attempt a tackle.

Reuben Sosa, Thierry Henry, & Ryan Giggs.

Rooney did not have the best of games last season butthere was an air of expectation each time he got the ball...  along with a line of expletives as it came to nothing! 

For me the best chelsea player at FCR was Makelele who really did make things look incredibly simple and did it so effectively - worthy should watch a tape and see what a destructive midfielder should be doing as well as clapping...

Gazza in what was pretty much a Spurs reserve team just before the 1991 FA Cup semi-final (the one where he scored that great free-kick). He was miles better than everyone else on the field, repeatedly picked up the ball on the edge of his own area and drove the length of the pitch. He was subbed off after an hour to a standing ovation from the whole ground.

The only other player I''ve seen live who stood out above everyone else was Stan Collymore for Forest (round about 92?). Awesome player. Now dogged by injury, I hear, or something like that.

Im going to surpprise you all now but the best opposition player at carrow road I saw in the premiership was Paul Dickov (dont laugh), we were playing against 10 men and he ran us absolutely ragged and earned Rovers a point on his own. Anyone else remember?

Gordon Banks without a doubt when Leicester City beat us 2-0 in the cup light years ago!.

I''ve never forgotten standing behind him in the Barclay.

Henry, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Shearer, Ibrahimovic, Adriano, Le Tissier in his younger day, Mark Hughes, that giggs chap, Cantona, Schmeichel, Lampard... i could go on forever

6 of those are going to be playing at the world cup in the summer id wager..... how tiny we must seem to these Football Behemoths!

jas :)