Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Is it healthy?

Dean Smith was sacked 6 days ago and now appears imminently to be joining us as head coach. Is that healthy?

I know in normal walks of life it would be quite fine to pick up a new job in next to no time after losing your previous one - but a premier league manager, I’m not so sure.

Are there many recent PL examples of a manager being sacked (against his will) and then hopping straight to another PL club immediately after?

I would’ve thought with the severe pressure and stress that comes with the job that a good month or two break at least would be wanted, no needed, for the manager to come with fully refreshed and ready for a new project.

Or is this kind of thing more common than I’m thinking?

I guess you have to trust that he is the best judge of this and would not have engaged if he felt he needed a break.

Maybe he wants to get back in the saddle and prove a point

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Dean Smith was sacked 6 days ago and now appears imminently to be joining us as head coach. Is that healthy?

I know in normal walks of life it would be quite fine to pick up a new job in next to no time after losing your previous one - but a premier league manager, I’m not so sure.

Are there many recent PL examples of a manager being sacked (against his will) and then hopping straight to another PL club immediately after?

I would’ve thought with the severe pressure and stress that comes with the job that a good month or two break at least would be wanted, no needed, for the manager to come with fully refreshed and ready for a new project.

Or is this kind of thing more common than I’m thinking?

Shows he's determined to get 'straight back on the horse' and prove to Villa that they made a mistake.

13 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I find it a bit odd.

I would say "no".

Usually it would be a few nights getting smashed with old hometown mates, then a few weeks in the Carribean with the family laying around on a beach, getting massages and coming back looking 10 years younger.... before putting yourself through the ringer again.

Depends entirely on personality. Some people need time to process, some find the disappointment fuel which powers them on. The proof will be in the pudding.