Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

So what is the answer?

I have been witnessing so many posters critising the possible appointments of Frank Lampard and Dean Smith over the past few days but no answers to who should be in charge. 

Daniel Farke is gone, rightly so in my opinion, but we are a self funding football club with limited funds, bottom of the league, likely to be relagated and a large possibility that, with our current squad, our yo-yo bubble has finally burst. 

Please come up with some realistic answers to who should be our new Chief Coach. 

For me, given our current plight Dean Smith is as good as it gets. 

Just now, Sideshow Tim said:

I have been witnessing so many posters critising the possible appointments of Frank Lampard and Dean Smith over the past few days but no answers to who should be in charge. 

Daniel Farke is gone, rightly so in my opinion, but we are a self funding football club with limited funds, bottom of the league, likely to be relagated and a large possibility that, with our current squad, our yo-yo bubble has finally burst. 

Please come up with some realistic answers to who should be our new Chief Coach. 

Sorry that makes too much sense.

• Like 1

I never thought I would have heard of who we get. I haven't got great knowledge of European coaches. But I am convinced we will get a first team coach and I don't think Lampard or Smith fit that bill because they are managers.

The answer is, apparently, a guy who seems to be doing ok in Norway - a country whose league is worse than Scotland.  I actually hoped we’d look at him, but I’m perfectly happy if it’s Smith - he’s far better than 95% on here give him credit for. 

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I never thought I would have heard of who we get. I haven't got great knowledge of European coaches. But I am convinced we will get a first team coach and I don't think Lampard or Smith fit that bill because they are managers.

It's strange how we are so quick to label things despite not understanding them. Manager - first team coach. Who really cares?

What matters is whether these people can do the job being asked of them. Is someone who is a manager not a coach as well? Sometimes. I suspect that's why we'll never see a Steve Bruce or a Roy Hodgson at Carrow Road. But it doesn't mean someone who has been a manager all their career can't become a head coach. 

That may very well be the reason Lampard no longer wants the job. 

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It's strange how we are so quick to label things despite not understanding them. Manager - first team coach. Who really cares?

What matters is whether these people can do the job being asked of them. Is someone who is a manager not a coach as well? Sometimes. I suspect that's why we'll never see a Steve Bruce or a Roy Hodgson at Carrow Road. But it doesn't mean someone who has been a manager all their career can't become a head coach. 

That may very well be the reason Lampard no longer wants the job. 

Maybe. Or maybe he was never considered. Webber is good at this. Even our local journos have no idea so they are caught up in this frenzy. They have to write something, we have to post something, none of us were anywhere close to suggesting Farke.

27 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Maybe. Or maybe he was never considered. Webber is good at this. Even our local journos have no idea so they are caught up in this frenzy. They have to write something, we have to post something, none of us were anywhere close to suggesting Farke.

Very true, but I’m not sure we have the options we did due to Brexit rules on foreign coaches! I’m not fully up to speed on who would get a permit to work in the UK who might be that gem like Farke was!

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

Very true, but I’m not sure we have the options we did due to Brexit rules on foreign coaches! I’m not fully up to speed on who would get a permit to work in the UK who might be that gem like Farke was!

Steve Bruce it is then 🙄 lol 

Webber has a type . The type works for him and the structure Webber has in place 

Two examples - Wagner and Farke .

The night we sacked Farke I expected someone resembling this type to come in. Because I don’t play FIFA or follow European Football I doubted I would have heard of him.  

I said it was more likely to be Lord Lucan than Lampard (someone on here owes me 10p) and I doubt it will be Smith. 

Other than that I can’t help . 

I'm the same as you Beardo. In fact I have little idea about the coaches in this country bar the main man 

But there are three positions to fill. So there could be a scenario where Webber's first choice is the Norwegian guy but his number two will succeed him there so the hold up would be finding that replacement.

That's my contribution to the frenzy....

7 hours ago, Sideshow Tim said:

dean smith will be announced as manger in a few days time as talks continue

If it's Dean Smith, I will be gutted. We would be going backwards in my opinion.

I had hoped Webber had a plan but if Dean Smith is the plan ....................then we are more screwed than we were last week at this time.

• Like 1

The answer?

1. Upgrade the facilities. Done.

2. Upgrade the division. Done.

3. Upgrade the flogging of the silverware. Done.

4. Upgrade the yo yo function. Done.

5. Upgrade the ownership. To be done.

6. Upgrade the funding. To be done.

7. Upgrade the management. To be done.

8. Upgrade the airport for European trips. To be done.

9. Upgrade the trophy cabinet. To be done.

10. Upgrade the scampi. To be done.

Well it seems Webber and the club have been blown out by their first and 2nd choices otherwise one of them would have been here by now and we wouldn't have even talked to Smith.

Looks like we are heading for a caretaker interim appointment for a must win or at worst a must not lose game.

5 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Well it seems Webber and the club have been blown out by their first and 2nd choices otherwise one of them would have been here by now and we wouldn't have even talked to Smith.

Looks like we are heading for a caretaker interim appointment for a must win or at worst a must not lose game.

Disagree, the official line from the club was always no announcement before the end of the weekend/beginning of next week. It could be due to allowing time to speak to someone in another country. Just because Webber spoke to Smith andnLampard doesn’t mean they were our main targets. Why wouldn’t you speak to them if they had shown interest? Managers looking for work would get in touch with the club to enquire wouldn’t they just like any other job being advertised? Doesn’t always mean Norwich contacted them first. 

16 minutes ago, AJ said:

Disagree, the official line from the club was always no announcement before the end of the weekend/beginning of next week. 

Official line from the Club? Where was this then? 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Official line from the Club? Where was this then? 

It is what their press officers were telling journalists, been well reported by The Pinkuns journalists