Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Just get him back

This is beyond ridiculous now. I feel like Uncle Fred writing this, but just get DF back.  This nonsense of getting someone in who only days before has just been sacked for a bad run in the PL is just bonkers. First is the saga with that serial applicant who walks away from jobs before he has been offered them, then Smith, who may be a good man and manager - but really?   Better than Farke? Worth all this hassle, upheaval and expense? Not for me.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

And people thought Spurs episode was bad. Billy Smarts circus at Norwich. Pantomime season.

This is just a really silly idea.

Yes its a bit embarrassing if Lampard has turned us down.... but nowhere near as embarrassing as sacking somebody then begging for them to come back a week later. 

Sit on the naughty step and think about what you've suggested. 

I've already heard a pretty convincing rumour that we are talking to Hannes Wolf. 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes its a bit embarrassing if Lampard has turned us down.... but nowhere near as embarrassing as sacking somebody then begging for them to come back a week later. 

I've already heard a pretty convincing rumour that we are talking to Hannes Wolf. 

I just don’t want a manager who has the resources of Villas squad and made them look as poor as Norwich this season, Smith is an utterly overrated manager who might talk well in interview but hasn’t got the CV to better Farke.

• Like 1

As much of a panic it is starting to feel right now, would be ten fold worse if we did that. Could you imagine it? Team sacks manager and reappoints him one week later 😆 we’d be even more of a laughing stock

****ing laughable. If we’re really about to appoint the manager of the club that sits 16th in the league just sacked after a 5 game losing streak. And the man who spent over £30 million on the best player we’ve had in forever and made him look like a ****ing conference player then I really don’t know where we’re going as a club

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This is beyond ridiculous now. I feel like Uncle Fred writing this, but just get DF back.  This nonsense of getting someone in who only days before has just been sacked for a bad run in the PL is just bonkers. First is the saga with that serial applicant who walks away from jobs before he has been offered them, then Smith, who may be a good man and manager - but really?   Better than Farke? Worth all this hassle, upheaval and expense? Not for me.

Well its pretty irrelevant what you or anyone else thinks. 

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Not another 'feed the wolf' situation?

39 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The state of this! For one who often has a go at people for being pant wetters and the like you have properly blown out your pipes and coated yourself head to toe in your own filth. Honestly man! Get someone to hose you down, then snuggle up under a blanket and put your favourite Enya CD on. Chill! 

24 hours ago it was apparently a certainty that Lampard was coming; now it's Smith's turn.

Why don't you just wait until they announce it?

Whoever we get should get our 100% support.

OTBC

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

As much of a panic it is starting to feel right now, would be ten fold worse if we did that. Could you imagine it? Team sacks manager and reappoints him one week later 😆 we’d be even more of a laughing stock

Who cares how much of a laughing stock we are, given that we are one already and if the dozy pundits want to laugh a bit louder and a bit longer then stuff em, would be my take. They know bog all about us to start with, and haven't had the least interest in us until they think we might be attracting a 'celebrity' manager - complete waste of space the lot of them.

Having said that, whilst I applaud LDC's sentiment I think Farke has far too much class to come back even in the extremely unlikely event of us asking him to. So I think we just have to accept that we have just blown a once in a lifetime chance of having a long term manager who could eventually have transformed the club into the top 17 club that it has aspired to be for many years but has never quite made it.

We aren't going to make it this time either and IMO probably won't ever because 'we' (and that means both the fans and the owners but mainly the fans) don't have the patience to run with a long term project. That for me is the very sad lesson of Daniel's time - not only have we seen seasons of glorious football but the club has been hugely strenghtened in both footballing and financial terms. But because we might get relegated again (in a much better position than we were last time) we've lost our nerve and thrown out the baby with the bathwater.

So we're not completely back to square one but the Head Coach's job has been turned into something of a poisoned chalice and its hard to see how the next guy, however good he is, is going to even be given the time that Daniel was. So we're back on the managerial treadmill, spinning merrily and aimlessly.

Edited by Creative Midfielder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Indeed, I see your mate Houghton is also getting backed now, maybe bring him in as Farkes assistant, get Vrancic back, that should keep us up.

For somebody who constantly has a go at people for slating our club, are you not doing the same now ? Are you suggesting suddenly that our players are no longer good enough to keep us up ?. No other EPL team would have thrown away that game against Leeds and that was purely down to the way we were organised.

53 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I agree this post is beyond ridiculous.

Do you realise how utterly pathetic you are. 

Like a little boy crying for his blankie. 

Ignore how awful the football was and the lack of points. 

Cry for farke back because we are in uncertain times.

Little old Norwich syndrome. Its absolutely pathetic. 

Grow a pair. Man up. 

Look at a change curve. You've evidently never been in the real world. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

I agree this post is beyond ridiculous.

It's like we've forgotten how we abandoned our playing style, and the players we bought in to play that way. And how he continually fell out with players. I'd be amazed if we were to be any worse under Smith. 

It wasn't just the head coaching the whole coaching set up needed freshening up. 

I'm not totally sold on Smith but he will suit us more than Lampard would've.

46 minutes ago, Indy said:

I just don’t want a manager who has the resources of Villas squad and made them look as poor as Norwich this season, Smith is an utterly overrated manager who might talk well in interview but hasn’t got the CV to better Farke.

You know him/his career well do you?  Perhaps look into it before spouting off, and not just judging him on his last 5 games.  He did well at Walsall and Brentford, took an ailing Villa up and kept them there - that is what counts, not failing at PL level like Farke sadly did. The concern was that he couldn’t take them to the top 6, not that he’d get them relegated - most Villa fans wanted to give him more time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

You know him/his career well do you?  Perhaps look into it before spouting off, and not just judging him on his last 5 games.  He did well at Walsall and Brentford, took an ailing Villa up and kept them there - that is what counts, not failing at PL level like Farke sadly did. The concern was that he couldn’t take them to the top 6, not that he’d get them relegated - most Villa fans wanted to give him more time. 

Again just how much did Villa spend to stay up two seasons…..back to his illustrious manager career, how many promotions has he got under his beslt? What did he do at Walsall? Or Brentford? Nothing but kept them where they were!

And make us look even more of a joke you mean?

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

You really are a crackpot! 

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

Again just how much did Villa spend to stay up two seasons…..back to his illustrious manager career, how many promotions has he got under his beslt? What did he do at Walsall? Or Brentford? Nothing but kept them where they were!

That just shows utter ignorance of where Walsall and Brentford are/were, and Villa too come to think of it. And oddly enough, I don’t actually want him to get us promoted as we are already in the top league - something that seems to have passed you by.  

So he’s not had the best of it having spent funds - that’s not an uncommon problem and not one we’ll have, and is no different to Lampard.  The simple fact is he’s considered to be an excellent coach and is well experienced in both L1, Championship and PL.  Villa’s owners didn’t think they were going to be relegated, they were concerned about not breaking into the top 6.  The idea that he’s no better (or worse) than Farke is laughable. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

So you want our club that is a national joke to re-employ a coach we sacked a week ago?

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

That just shows utter ignorance of where Walsall and Brentford are/were, and Villa too come to think of it. And oddly enough, I don’t actually want him to get us promoted as we are already in the top league - something that seems to have passed you by.  

So he’s not had the best of it having spent funds - that’s not an uncommon problem and not one we’ll have, and is no different to Lampard.  The simple fact is he’s considered to be an excellent coach and is well experienced in both L1, Championship and PL. 

OK that’s your opinion not mine, I don’t think he’s a quality manager to keep us up, I think he treads water and only looks better with funds to spend! Walsall nor Brentford we’re promoted under him!

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

OK that’s your opinion not mine, I don’t think he’s a quality manager to keep us up, I think he treads water and only looks better with funds to spend! Walsall nor Brentford we’re promoted under him!

Villa were, from 14th when he took over, and he got them promoted.  Your point is just stupid.  For some clubs, staying up is the main goal - look at his record and it was one of improvement - moving from lower to higher to higher.  I’m not sure quite what it is you expect, Walsall to have won the Champions League under him?

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Villa were, from 14th when he took over, and he got them promoted.  Your point is just stupid.

Where were we when Farke got the job? In two seasons he got us up…….no budget! That’s just a daft thing to come up with to justify Smith!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Who cares how much of a laughing stock we are, given that we are one already and if the dozy pundits want to laugh a bit louder and a bit longer then stuff em, would be my take. They know bog all about us to start with, and haven't had the least interest in us until they think we might be attracting a 'celebrity' manager - complete waste of space the lot of them.

Having said that, whilst I applaud LDC's sentiment I think Farke has far too much class to come back even in the extremely unlikely event of us asking him to. So I think we just have to accept that we have just blown a once in a lifetime chance of having a long term manager who could eventually have transformed the club into the top 17 club that it has aspired to be for many years but has never quite made it.

We aren't going to make it this time either and IMO probably won't ever because 'we' (and that means both the fans and the owners but mainly the fans) don't have the patience to run with a long term project. That for me is the very sad lesson of Daniel's time - not only have we seen seasons of glorious football but the club has been hugely strenghtened in both footballing and financial terms. But because we might get relegated again (in a much better position than we were last time) we've lost our nerve and thrown out the baby with the bathwater.

So we're not completely back to square one but the Head Coach's job has been turned into something of a poisoned chalice and its hard to see how the next guy, however good he is, is going to even be given the time that Daniel was. So we're back on the managerial treadmill, spinning merrily and aimlessly.

What absolute utter nonsense.

Farke has not been sacked on a whim. He's been sacked with considerable evidence he was taking us to an all time worst ever league performance in the history of the Premier League. 

He's been sacked after being entirely unable to halt surrender after surrender during project restart, the likes of which would have earned him the sack at any other Premier League side.

He failed to organise a side with any sort of resemblance at being able to compete in this league. The vulnerabilities that are shown week in, week out were on frequent display in all three championship seasons, overlooked because of two seasons in which he led us to incredible title winning seasons.

Your loyalty should be to the club, to whom Farke has failed this season and rightly faced the consequences. Not to any first team coach, player or member of staff. The long term project is Norwich City Football Club, not Daniel Farke, and even though it is sat at a crucial cross roads, there is still time to achieve the progress we hoped it could. That was never going to happen under Farke. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Where were we when Farke got the job? In two seasons he got us up…….no budget! That’s just a daft thing to come up with to justify Smith!

Smith did it the same season.  Your point is just idiotic.

The stupid thing is he’s not even my choice for the job, but I’m finding myself defending him - this dissing of him and his record seems to be based purely and only on ignorance.  For me he’s not a bad choice - and a better one  than Lampard; KK is a total unknown quantity and would have been a much bigger gamble.