Sign in to follow this  
pete

Smith announced on Sky at 8.30

It will come down to the game against Southampton. If we are still all over the place and lose horribly, I can see the crowd taking against Smith pretty much straightaway because he isn't Daniel Farke. Conversely, play well, even win the game and he will be the best thing since sliced bread. Fickle bunch, we football fans.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Save yourself the money and listen to games on Radio Norfolk mate.

No thanks. But enjoy your self-appointed role as gatekeeper of Norwich's support. I hope you get enough out of it to compensate for how much of a **** it makes you look.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Trying to convince me, or yourself?

Will you be renewing in January then canarydan23? 

Or will you becoming an armchair fan like the other big tantrum thrower this week. 

It's a complete change of direction from Webber after having so much success from German coaches and coaching. I can't really think of a decent English coach. 

Webber has always said that he wants people here who have a love for the club-yellow blood like Farke. A week ago Smith wanted to be at Aston Villa, his only reason to apply was because he didn't have a job, he was so enthusiastic about the immediate vacancy that he went over to America. Now he's thinking things over-is this the reaction of someone with yellow blood? Not even orange. 

Another potential expensive pay off. All the club's hard work and future planning could be ruined by bad decisions. 

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

No thanks. But enjoy your self-appointed role as gatekeeper of Norwich's support. I hope you get enough out of it to compensate for how much of a **** it makes you look.

Well everybody is hoping that Dean Smith makes you look like a giant tw*t this season and keeps you up after your comments over the past few days. 

Most of us are Norwich City fans and don't put any individual on a pedestal, nobody is bigger than the club. 

We've had good managers, bad managers, and in between managers, and even had a manager who had brilliant first spell and second sh*t one, attendances have remained consistently strong throughout, because most people aren't tantrum throwing flouncers.

Deano! Deano! Deano! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

The best thing about appointing Smith is he has a good pedigree at Championship level.  He will need it for that is where City will be shortly.  Smith must realise how difficult keeping City in the PL will be, but looking at a Championship season.  Smith must recognise relegation is a formality but seemingly still wants the job.  Lampard not interested in other than PL, he will need to adjust his aims sooner.

7 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Will you be renewing in January then canarydan23? 

Or will you becoming an armchair fan like the other big tantrum thrower this week. 

I will indeed, for what I think will be the 27th time in a row.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well everybody is hoping that Dean Smith makes you look like a giant tw*t this season after your comments over the past few days. 

Most of us are Norwich City fans and don't put any individual on a pedestal, nobody is bigger than the club.

You have banged your head, haven't you. I've said he's a pretty atrocious appointment given that he's not as good as Farke, the man we got rid of for Smith. I absolutely hope I'm wrong about it and would love to see him do great things. And he seems a top bloke to boot, unlike Lampard.

If having an opinion that turns out wrong about a new manager makes you a tw*t, so be it, we've all been tw*ts.

But like I say, enjoy the concept that you're somehow qualified to dictate who can and can't support us. Some people might say that makes you look like a giant tw*t, but I wouldn't go that far; I don't want to deal with another emotional DM.

Edited by canarydan23

1 minute ago, pete said:

The best thing about appointing Smith is he has a good pedigree at Championship level.  He will need it for that is where City will be shortly.  Smith must realise how difficult keeping City in the PL will be, but looking at a Championship season.  Smith must recognise relegation is a formality but seemingly still wants the job.  Lampard not interested in other than PL, he will need to adjust his aims sooner.

Smith a much better bet than Lampard for a championship campaign. Lampard a much better bet than Smith for instant new manager bounce, IMO, and gives more of a chance of survival. Catch 22.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Just now, canarydan23 said:

I've said he's a pretty atrocious appointment

Yes, and I said that I hope Webber and Smith make you look like a massive tw*t, by keeping us up. 

Deano! Deano! Deano! Deano! Deano! Deano! 

He's going to play Cantwell and unleash his inner Grealish isn't he, absolutely buzzing about that. 

Farke managed to possess Cantwell, Tsoliz and Gilmour in his squad, and still couldn't find an XI which could create chances for Pukki. Anybody who can't see that Farke had lost the plot has definitely had a big bump on the head. 

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I will indeed, for what I think will be the 27th time in a row.

You have banged your head, haven't you. I've said he's a pretty atrocious appointment given that he's not as good as Farke, the man we got rid of for Smith. I absolutely hope I'm wrong about it and would love to see him do great things. And he seems a top bloke to boot, unlike Lampard.

If having an opinion that turns out wrong about a new manager makes you a tw*t, so be it, we've all been tw*ts.

But like I say, enjoy the concept that you're somehow qualified to dictate who can and can't support us. Some people might say that makes you look like a giant tw*t, but I wouldn't go that far; I don't want to deal with another emotional DM.

How the hell is Farke better with a win rate of 6 in 49 at the top level!

You and many others need a reality check and accept that Farke was awful at the top level. 

20 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Exactly, so what's old pig mince banging on about? 

Do you really think I don't know what is going on?

Everything has been agreed internally. It is now just a matter of announcing it to the public.

For that, they just have to lay out the white table cloth and put a microphone under Dean Smith's nose.

He's going to play Cantwell and unleash his inner Grealish isn't he, absolutely buzzing about that. 

Fingers crossed. Maybe then you'll stop calling him Princess?

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Anybody who can't see that Farke had lost the plot has definitely had a big bump on the head. 

Strange I missed it, given all the practice you've given in spotting people who've lost the plot.

9 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Strange I missed it, given all the practice you've given in spotting people who've lost the plot.

70% of us didn't miss it.

Are you going to say 70% of us have had a bad bump on the head? 

70% of us didn't miss it.

Are you going to say 70% of us have had a bad bump on the head? 

Oh god, he's talking about PinkUn polls again. Imagine believing that's representative. Stick to trawling through years old posts to score your PinkUn points chap.

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh god, he's talking about PinkUn polls again. Imagine believing that's representative. Stick to trawling through years old posts to score your PinkUn points chap.

Yes I am talking about the Pink'un.

70% of people on here wanted him out.

Of the rest, only a handful have embarked on a week long moanathon. 

1668695022_how-to-discipline-your-toddlerFeaturedimage.jpg.24878e48647219e0aed5d7f3ee387002.jpg

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes I am talking about the Pink'un.

Of the rest, only a handful have embarked on a week long moanathon. 

There's a wide world out there, Teemu. Give it a go.

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

There's a wide world out there, Teemu. Give it a go.

I will give the wide world a go.

But on the Pink'un, you are still showing yourself up to be a droning whiny little whinger.

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

70% of those on here that voted which is an entirely different thing.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

70% of those on here that voted which is an entirely different thing.

What percentage have gone on a week loan whinge bender.

2%? 

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I’m Certainly massively underwhelmed by this but hopefully he does well and convinces the many doubters that this is the right appointment 

49 minutes ago, pete said:

You do realise that there are still 27 games to play? We clearly have a better squad than last time, seems a tad early to be resigned to demotion with 81 points still to play for. They'll have you writing the scripts for the Talk Sport cretins if you're not careful.

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

You do realise that there are still 27 games to play? We clearly have a better squad than last time, seems a tad early to be resigned to demotion with 81 points still to play for. They'll have you writing the scripts for the Talk Sport cretins if you're not careful.

Woah, hang on a minute.

what are you doing on the Norwich City discussion board?

19 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

How many times will we hear "Always #1 Choice' this week?

It'll be like 'Normann is a DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER' all over again 😂

1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

Do you really think I don't know what is going on?

Everything has been agreed internally. It is now just a matter of announcing it to the public.

For that, they just have to lay out the white table cloth and put a microphone under Dean Smith's nose.

So, not officially announced then, thanks 👍😏

At worst you would say he’s on a similar level as a coach to Farke so given that I think the majority of our fans still think Farke was a good coach (even if like me you think it still needed a change) then clearly getting someone comparable is not a bad outcome. I hope that his slightly different strengths give us what we’ve been missing. I still think this squad, with better team selections and organisation, has enough talent to give it a go.

unlike Lampard he also obviously wants the job and backs himself to take it on. 

Just here to say that Dean Smith is a truly great man. Never felt so upset losing a manager before because he is such a decent guy that has been dealt a bad hand this season with Grealish going and loads of injuries to his players he brought in as replacements. Yes he had to go after 5 losses on the bounce but 99 percent of the fan base loved him.  He handled the media well the squad well and never ever gave the players any idea that he was under pressure. He takes it all on his shoulders and never throws anyone under the bus

He gave the Villa some of the best times in recent memory with the 7-2 win against Liverpool the 3 nill away at Arsenal and the wins against Spurs and Chelsea at the end of last season.  In fact his last win was away to Manure where we all felt he was getting close to legend status. And then we got 5 defeats on the spin and its all change . 

In terms of why he is in New York his son is in the States on a football scholarship so he hadnt  seen him for a long long time , so took the chance to go and see him i guess. 

If he does get appointed then i cannot promise a revolution for you but he is a very good coach and is a very safe pair of hands. He knows how to coach on a limited budget and is a far more interesting coach than maybe you would think on first impressions.  A very good man manager as well . I hope you guys will give him the time needed to bed in and turn things around.

One last thing , our board didnt sack him because they thought he couldnt save Villa from relegation. They sacked him because they are hugely ambitious and want to see progression eveey season. They have dunped 250 million on the squad and about another 40 mill on the club infrastructure so i guess they had to pull the plug. 

All the best for the future and please look after him . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, Mark22 said:

Just here to say that Dean Smith is a truly great man. Never felt so upset losing a manager before because he is such a decent guy that has been dealt a bad hand this season with Grealish going and loads of injuries to his players he brought in as replacements. Yes he had to go after 5 losses on the bounce but 99 percent of the fan base loved him.  He handled the media well the squad well and never ever gave the players any idea that he was under pressure. He takes it all on his shoulders and never throws anyone under the bus

He gave the Villa some of the best times in recent memory with the 7-2 win against Liverpool the 3 nill away at Arsenal and the wins against Spurs and Chelsea at the end of last season.  In fact his last win was away to Manure where we all felt he was getting close to legend status. And then we got 5 defeats on the spin and its all change . 

In terms of why he is in New York his son is in the States on a football scholarship so he hadnt  seen him for a long long time , so took the chance to go and see him i guess. 

If he does get appointed then i cannot promise a revolution for you but he is a very good coach and is a very safe pair of hands. He knows how to coach on a limited budget and is a far more interesting coach than maybe you would think on first impressions.  A very good man manager as well . I hope you guys will give him the time needed to bed in and turn things around.

One last thing , our board didnt sack him because they thought he couldnt save Villa from relegation. They sacked him because they are hugely ambitious and want to see progression eveey season. They have dunped 250 million on the squad and about another 40 mill on the club infrastructure so i guess they had to pull the plug. 

All the best for the future and please look after him . 

Cheers Mark, I for one am absolutely buzzing at Dean having a crack at putting this jigsaw together, something that Daniel seemed incapable of doing. I'm not expecting getting off to a flyer because he only has a week and wont have everyone at training for even that time, but I'm more positive now than I have been that he will ultimately prevail and get us to survival.

6 hours ago, randy.stand said:

Villa fan in peace …

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

I’m not going to quote your whole post as it soon gets irritating to scroll past but thanks so much for this, you’ve convinced me. Great user name BTW.