Sign in to follow this  
pete

Smith announced on Sky at 8.30

1 minute ago, crab man said:

He'll come straight in and continue his losing streak, against the team he lost his job against as well. #scrapingthebarrel. 

So what's the answer then? 

Just now, Indy said:

How much did Smith spend?

Exactly this, he’s done slightly better than Farke with vastly better resources. This appointment would be senseless and I don’t believe it, genuinely. Not happening 

13 minutes ago, Mullet said:

So because Smith only became available after Farke was sacked we aren't allowed to consider him?

Exactly, so who was our number 1 target to keep us up? Wasn’t Smith……Webber stated we needed someone better, sorry but Smith is not in the same league as Farke! Farke got us promoted on a shoestring budget, relegated without a budget and got us back up first time…..Smith bought Buendia and he looks lost in that Villa side! I don’t want Smith he’s worse than Lampard, both not what is needed right now!

Got a great tune out of the best player we’ve had in years didn’t he… Couldn’t get Emi performing to PL levels but will get our players like Sargent playing

Edited by Virtual reality

1 minute ago, Sideshow Tim said:

So what's the answer then? 

He probably doesn’t know what the answer is. Same as I don’t, but I feel pretty confident that the answer is NOT Dean Smith.

just because you don’t like the idea of the appointment it doesn’t necessarily mean you have a better option to put forward

1 minute ago, Indy said:

How much did Smith spend?

How much did he spend when he got Villa out of the Championship? 

****ing fed up with reading negative responses from total numpties that have no real ideas or solutions. 

We are not a top Premier League side we are bottom of the league, no real funding and a laughing stock.... This is as good as it gets! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I said at the time that sacking Farke was a knee jerk reaction but it runs a poor second to this one. It smacks of desperation.

Yes Farke only amassed 2 points in 10 games this season conceding 21 goals, and he lost the last 10 games of the 19/20 season without any fight at all, but the decision to sack him was a little hasty

49 minutes ago, hogesar said:

How on earth is it on par with two appointments who were already within the club, and had no managerial experience?

Hoggy my boy, your allegiance to the hierarchy have no limits. Let’s spell it out for YOU, desperate appointment if true. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

He probably doesn’t know what the answer is. Same as I don’t, but I feel pretty confident that the answer is NOT Dean Smith.

just because you don’t like the idea of the appointment it doesn’t necessarily mean you have a better option to put forward

Wrong. Unless you have a decent solution to your query, it means sod all. 

Wtf are you expecting? 

1 minute ago, Sideshow Tim said:

****ing fed up with reading negative responses from total numpties that have no real ideas or solutions. 

We are not a top Premier League side we are bottom of the league, no real funding and a laughing stock.... This is as good as it gets! 

Rubbish, I’d rather Martin, at least he’s a manager who fits our profile, he might not be everyone’s choice but would get more out of this side than Smith…..he’s utterly overrated. Each to their own I suppose!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Rubbish, I’d rather Martin, at least he’s a manager who fits our profile, he might not be everyone’s choice but would get more out of this side than Smith…..he’s utterly overrated. Each to their own I suppose!

No, not yet. He's done nothing at all in his management career.... Smith has 

Just now, Sideshow Tim said:

Arguing over Smith and Martin having sacked Farke? FFS they are both crap compared to who we have just sacked. 

• Like 2

Wrong. Unless you have a decent solution to your query, it means sod all. 

Wtf are you expecting? 

Not wrong at all you plonker, we’d all love world peace wouldn’t we? But we’ve no idea how to achieve it.

wtf am I expecting? Since you asked so eloquently, I was expecting (and still hoping for) Webber to have found us an upgrade on Farke. Somebody that can continue the philosophy, in the same vein as the previous regime, somebody, importantly, whose career path is following an upward trajectory. Somebody who would unite, inspire and rejuvenate us fans. Somebody who hasn’t only got a marginally better track record than the guy we just ousted despite having resources at his disposal that we could only dream of. 

Respectfully, please try to make your case without being rude, what are you expecting?

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

what has Smith done? Got Villa promoted once, how many times has Farke got us promoted with this limited budget? It’s definitely a poor choice and one I hope is total bull****e!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hoggy my boy, your allegiance to the hierarchy have no limits. Let’s spell it out for YOU, desperate appointment if true. 

I've said repeatedly I didnt want Lampard and I don't want Smith.

That doesn't mean there are any similarities between Smith and Gunn. One has kept a team in the Premier League (at our expense), took a team 14th to promotion and equally done well at Brentford and Walsall. The other was an ex player with no relevant experience.

Unbelievable that I have to spell this out to who I suppose is a grown man.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Arguing over Smith and Martin having sacked Farke? FFS they are both crap compared to who we have just sacked. 

Absolutely and my point! We’ve sacked a guy far more talented than Smith, it’s a joke and one I hope is just rumours!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

Agree. So dont understand why we sacked Farke if we didnt have a replacement lined up with pen in hand to sign, as Villa appeared to have with Gerrard

Just now, Indy said:

Absolutely and my point! We’ve sacked a guy far more talented than Smith, it’s a joke and one I hope is just rumours!

It’s hilarious if it wasn’t true! Ipswich fans must be having a chuckle or two. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s hilarious if it wasn’t true! Ipswich fans must be having a chuckle or two. 

I thought Webber said Farke was sacked to get a replacement with the best chance of keeping us up! Smith wasn’t available, has spent millions at Villa…and they look like a relegation team! No thanks! Just rumours and if true then makes Webber look a little lost this season IMO.

Edited by Indy

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I've said repeatedly I didnt want Lampard and I don't want Smith.

That doesn't mean there are any similarities between Smith and Gunn. One has kept a team in the Premier League (at our expense), took a team 14th to promotion and equally done well at Brentford and Walsall. The other was an ex player with no relevant experience.

Unbelievable that I have to spell this out to who I suppose is a grown man.

Your a good poster but your condescending and

up your own **** opinions cost you a few votes. You’ll get there as you get older and mature. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

Just now, Indy said:

I thought Webber said Farke was sacked to get a replacement with the best chance of keeping us up! Smith wasn’t available, has spent millions at Villa…and they look like a relegation team! No thanks!

We can only hope that the journalists who a reporting this have been fed wrong information and we’re still pursuing the real target behind the scenes 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

And Farke's Premier League record says different does it? 

It was time for a change... Perhaps it was kneejerk, but I'm pretty sure we will never know. 

It was time for a change... Perhaps it was kneejerk, but I'm pretty sure we will never know. 

You do know Smith spent 90 million to keep Villa up last year don’t you?

3 minutes ago, Sideshow Tim said:

I doubt too many are in disagreement that it was time for a change. Sacking Farke and bringing in Smith is the football equivalent of turning your pants inside out and thinking that will do instead of changing and washing them…

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

We can only hope that the journalists who a reporting this have been fed wrong information and we’re still pursuing the real target behind the scenes 

This is the reality, I’m sure of it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Exactly this, he’s done slightly better than Farke with vastly better resources. This appointment would be senseless and I don’t believe it, genuinely. Not happening 

Smith's Premier League record: P 86 F 110 A 133 Pts 100 Pts/game 1.16

Farke's Premier League record: P 49 F 31 A 101 Pts 25 Pts/game 0.51

And the only reason Farke can point to our Championship record under him is that we went down... while Smith took Villa up, kept Villa up, then improved them dramatically.

In short: WTF are you talking about?

Edited by thebigfeller
  • Like 2

Just now, thebigfeller said:

Smith's Premier League record: P 86 Pts 100 Pts/game 1.16

Farke's Premier League record: P 49 Pts 25 Pts/game 0.51

And the only reason Farke can point to our Championship record under him is that we went down... while Smith kept Villa up, then improved them dramatically.

In short: WTF are you talking about?

Back to how much he spent, in two seasons it was 180 million, if that’s you’re standard to say he’s done better than Farke then I think you need a stiff drink!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Back to how much he spent, in two seasons it was 180 million, if that’s you’re standard to say he’s done better than Farke then I think you need a stiff drink!

Thank you