Berks canary

Webber making Norwich a Pantomine

So we sacked Farke with no idea of who we would appoint . We sacked him after he had won a game , a week after we lost against Leeds.

In the meantime clubs like Aston Villa are and Newcastle are getting on with life with no disruption to their planning, sacking and signing managers in a matter of a few days.

Now Managers are turning us down or saying they dont want to join us.

This is a typical Norwich **** up and orchestrated by Webber who should be sacked

The truth is he had no clue who we would appoint so why sack Farke and especially then ! Farke in his interview after Leeds said he needed better quality. Webber has dumped a team full of non proven players on him and basically said " make them into a team " . He had no chance of succeeding . Classic example is buying Sargent for £10m when he has a scoring record of 20 goals in 100 senior league games . This is the guy who will score all our goals when Pukki is injured !!!

Now we hear Managers are turning us down or saying they dont want to join us.

This is a typical Norwich **** up and orchestrated by Webber who should be sacked.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Berks canary said:

So we sacked Farke with no idea of who we would appoint . We sacked him after he had won a game , a week after we lost against Leeds.

In the meantime clubs like Aston Villa are and Newcastle are getting on with life with no disruption to their planning, sacking and signing managers in a matter of a few days.

Now Managers are turning us down or saying they dont want to join us.

This is a typical Norwich **** up and orchestrated by Webber who should be sacked

The truth is he had no clue who we would appoint so why sack Farke and especially then ! Farke in his interview after Leeds said he needed better quality. Webber has dumped a team full of non proven players on him and basically said " make them into a team " . He had no chance of succeeding . Classic example is buying Sargent for £10m when he has a scoring record of 20 goals in 100 senior league games . This is the guy who will score all our goals when Pukki is injured !!!

Now we hear Managers are turning us down or saying they dont want to join us.

This is a typical Norwich **** up and orchestrated by Webber who should be sacked.

0A4D0714-ED77-4D2D-BFF6-C7DD0B35F385.jpeg.73b282eb5667f3bb19b5f9e4688a60b7.jpeg

How, he hasn’t come out and said anything. So far it’s all appeared to have been leaked from Lampard and Smiths end. The local press have had it nailed on, no announcement till the end of the weekend and a short list of more names than we currently know.

3 minutes ago, birchfest said:

How, he hasn’t come out and said anything. So far it’s all appeared to have been leaked from Lampard and Smiths end. The local press have had it nailed on, no announcement till the end of the weekend and a short list of more names than we currently know.

This bigly.👍

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You do realise Newcastle took about 3 weeks to replace Bruce after the likes of Emery turned them down? 

And they had unlimited funds to entice whoever they wanted. And were still rejected.

I hear this is going to Theatre Royal for the Winter…….snowy webber and the 7 managers! Lampy, Smithy, Robbo, Marty, Harry, W***y and Knuts!

Edited by Indy

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

And they had unlimited funds to entice whoever they wanted. And were still rejected.

Its true but they did also go for the manager of Villareal who are playing in the champions league, and a team much much closer to Emery's home. 

Whereas Lampard is unemployed and probably wouldn't be fancied by many other premier league teams, if by any at all...

State of some of you. It’s highly unlikely Lampard was ever a serious contender for the role. It never sat right as a Norwich or Webber appointment and I still believe we will be pursuing the main target. The likelihood is that he is already in place and they are just tying up back room staff appointments before the announcement 

• Like 2

Are you even sure this is the truth, think about we aren’t ones to go public on anything, until the last minute. Bookies and the media doesn’t help but also this potential delay doesn’t help either. 

I think Webber will secretly be enjoying all this meltdown and speculation. He will know who he wants and will likely get him, but in the mean time we are all at the mercy of the media and just picking off scraps they decide to give us. Still hoping for Favre or Knutsen, or someone like Farke who was unknown and who has something special.  

• Like 1

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Somebody should have told Webber that companies are finding it very difficult to recruit at the moment, my place of work is having an absolute mare.

Brexit for you! 😉👍

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

I don't think it looks great on the club's part and have deep reservations about Webber, but it'd be hilarious if he introduces a new manager on Monday and the press conference goes like;

WEBBER: Here's the new gaffer. You idiots never mentioned him. We never spoke to Lampard or Smith, they're f*cking g*sh, as if I'd even consider them, the media are a bunch of n*beads, see you in the Europa League next season.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Haha 2

I literally don't get this criticism of Webber ... does it only come from children fed on a diet of INSTANT NEW NEWS or from Ipswich trolls trying to wind this community up?

We didn't even fire Farke a week ago!

We don't play another match for over a week!

We don't have eleven internationals here to coach anyway!

We are meticulously interviewing each candidate!

*We will hire the most talented option available as soon as we can after due diligence*

Is it that hard to understand???

Edited by Cantiaci Canary

15 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I don't think it looks great on the club's part and have deep reservations about Webber, but it'd be hilarious if he introduces a new manager on Monday and the press conference goes like;

WEBBER: Here's the new gaffer. You idiots never mentioned him. We never spoke to Lampard or Smith, they're f*cking g*sh, as if I'd even consider them, the media are a bunch of n*beads, see you in the Europa League next season.

I wouldn't put it past him! 😂

What would an ITFC supporter know about appointing a Premier League manager?

It's been twenty years now since they even had a sniff at the top tier.

38 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Somebody should have told Webber that companies are finding it very difficult to recruit at the moment, my place of work is having an absolute mare.

Completely unrelated to our manager issue of course but on that subject, having the same problem,  a survey indicated that lockdown made people realise they didnt necessarily want ambitious,  career driven positions and wanted an easy life with more home time. Couple with the increase to minimum wage and I think there's a massive lack of "skilled" persons looking for relevant roles.

Absolutely no fault on Webber's part here. He pulled the trigger early giving the best chance for another manager to make a difference and did it right at the start of the international break to give the most time to transition. 

This is a well run club with good facilities and a great atmosphere. If these managers don't want it then maybe they just don't think they'll be able to deliver. 

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

I suspect an odious human rights record may have played a part as well 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I think Webber will secretly be enjoying all this meltdown and speculation. He will know who he wants and will likely get him, but in the mean time we are all at the mercy of the media and just picking off scraps they decide to give us. Still hoping for Favre or Knutsen, or someone like Farke who was unknown and who has something special.  

I was quite struck by Daniel Farke's comment at the end of his statement that 'we'll meet again': I'm starting to contemplate the possibility that he meant next week! 

I think he’s done alright with us so far in his time with the club. We’ve come in leaps and bounds since he arrived. To say he’s making us into a pantomime is unfair and undeserved just because you don’t agree with something the entire board have decided. You forget we were on the verge of financial ruin when he came through the door this year we’ve spent the 11th highest in Europe. I trust him to do what he thinks is right and appoint who he thinks is right even if it’s the unpopular choice. 

4 hours ago, Virtual reality said:

State of some of you. It’s highly unlikely Lampard was ever a serious contender for the role. It never sat right as a Norwich or Webber appointment and I still believe we will be pursuing the main target. The likelihood is that he is already in place and they are just tying up back room staff appointments before the announcement 

I completely retract this post if the news of Dean Smiths imminent appointment is true. It would seem Lampard was the only option considered when the decision to sack Farke was made, as Dean Smith was still in a job then

Edited by Virtual reality
  • Confused 1