hogesar

Frank Lampard NEVER OFFERED the job

5 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Wait until we start hearing reports that the players have been impressed with Steve Weaver on the training pitch and that all the players really like him....

That had occurred to me, just like when Wolves sacked McCarthy and then discovered noone wanted the job so his assistant got it

1 minute ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

It was my druthers Ron 🤗

Parma 

Never come across that one before.

Please accept my fulsome contrafibulations.🙃

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

Consider me whelmed. 

Parma 

Kind words indeed. A great comfort in these fissiparous times 🙂

6 hours ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So basically Frank thinks we’re so śhite he doesn’t want to be involved! 

Could be as simple as him not being prepared to work for £800k a year or whatever it is that we can pay.

6 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

It's good of Michael Bailey to hold onto this information until AFTER we're told by the Daily Mail and Sky Sports that it won't be Frank. Almost as if this could be a bit of face-saving and he doesn't actually have much to go on.

That said, I really hope it's true and that we never considered Lampard, it would restore some faith in Webber who at the moment isn't coming out of this process with a great deal of credibility whatsoever. I'd rather not believe we have a clown at the helm, but with the admittedly very limited confirmed information we currently have, it is hard to conclude anything different.

I get the impression that MB hasn't had much to go on for quite a while now - shame really, used to enjoy listening to him more than most but rarely bother nowadays.

13 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

As for Lampard, he's going to end up at Rangers. 

After Gerrard has done all the heavy lifting and got them back above Celtic. With the Scottish champions potentially getting straight into the Champions League group stage next season as well he’ll have a lot more money to burn in comparison to the rest of the Scottish League 

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Could be as simple as him not being prepared to work for £800k a year or whatever it is that we can pay.

Or that he assumes he'll get the Rangers gig which guarantees him a few medals with no risk whatsoever. 

I really hope van Bronckhorst gets it. He achieved far more in his managerial career at Feyenoord than anything Lampard has done so far.