hogesar

Frank Lampard NEVER OFFERED the job

Didn't even get beyond initial talks and we in reality have no idea if he was our preferred choice or not. If anyone could just chill for a little bit....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Didn't even get beyond initial talks and we in reality have no idea if he was our preferred choice or not. If anyone could just chill for a little bit....

Fat chance of that. It's Colin Robinson central around here at the moment.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow
Couldn't spell ****ing fat properly
  • Haha 2

It's good of Michael Bailey to hold onto this information until AFTER we're told by the Daily Mail and Sky Sports that it won't be Frank. Almost as if this could be a bit of face-saving and he doesn't actually have much to go on.

That said, I really hope it's true and that we never considered Lampard, it would restore some faith in Webber who at the moment isn't coming out of this process with a great deal of credibility whatsoever. I'd rather not believe we have a clown at the helm, but with the admittedly very limited confirmed information we currently have, it is hard to conclude anything different.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Why chill ? On this year's dismal playing form we need something to get excited about 😀

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

It's good of Michael Bailey to hold onto this information until AFTER we're told by the Daily Mail and Sky Sports that it won't be Frank. Almost as if this could be a bit of face-saving and he doesn't actually have much to go on.

That said, I really hope it's true and that we never considered Lampard, it would restore some faith in Webber who at the moment isn't coming out of this process with a great deal of credibility whatsoever. I'd rather not believe we have a clown at the helm, but with the admittedly very limited confirmed information we currently have, it is hard to conclude anything different.

Let's hope Webber has an ace up his sleeve because at the moment the glitter is falling off him faster than Yul Brynner's hair.

• Haha 2

Just now, Hardhouse44 said:

So basically Frank thinks we’re so śhite he doesn’t want to be involved! 

Fine by me, if a manager doesn't think they are up to it then it's better to be honest about that.

I just find it odd that Farke was sacked if a replacement was not already in the frame. That isn't how it works. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So basically Frank thinks we’re so śhite he doesn’t want to be involved! 

Not really, he thinks he's too sh*te to turn it around. I agree.

• Like 1

So he had a conversation and then after that conversation he asked not to be considered. Pretty much turned us down. Webber and the board obviously made an impression. I have zero faith in these people...

Just now, 1902 said:

Fine by me, if a manager doesn't think they are up to it then it's better to be honest about that.

So that leaves people who we don’t really want but will take it because it’s the best they can get. 

I suspect we will end up with a Smith who for me is not really an upgrade and is fresh from failure. 

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh go on, I'll bite.

Why exactly do you think Webber isn't coming out of this with a great deal of credibility?

Fine by me - I was happy enough with FL bit if he doesn’t consider himself up to it that’s fine by me. I very much doubt it was offered and turned down, but that won’t stop people believing it was.  Having discussions and pulling out in no way even vaguely constitutes an offer.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Having initial talks then him opting not to continue is still turning us down, not sure how else you’d describe it.

I remember when Phil Neal was meant to be manager, but it then went to Mike Walker. 

I have no idea who is going to be manager, but I hope the club does. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not really, he thinks he's too sh*te to turn it around. I agree.

Or he thinks the resources are to shîte to turn it around. 

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So he had a conversation and then after that conversation he asked not to be considered. Pretty much turned us down. Webber and the board obviously made an impression. I have zero faith in these people...

Or, we had a conversation neither were interested but this information is only coming out now because of the fact it was a useful smokescreen for whoever we are actually interested in...

6 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

So that leaves people who we don’t really want but will take it because it’s the best they can get. 

I suspect we will end up with a Smith who for me is not really an upgrade and is fresh from failure. 

Not necessarily, it might leave us with someone we shortlisted who does want the job. If you conduct interviews and have three qualified candidates, and after a conversation, one doesn't like the terms of the role or doesn't think they can hack, it then the process has worked.

You have weeded out one who wouldn't have been suitable.

I don't really like the fresh off failure, not an upgrade mentality. Partially because sometimes a manager just clicks somewhere, you won't know what we have got until they arrives and we play a few games.

Edited by 1902
  • Like 2

Just now, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Wait until we start hearing reports that the players have been impressed with Steve Weaver on the training pitch and that all the players really like him....

It takes a lot to make Carrow Road riot, but I think that might just about manage it...

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Having initial talks then him opting not to continue is still turning us down, not sure how else you’d describe it.

No, it doesn’t.  If you have an interview and decide a job isn’t for you, you could perhaps consider you’ve ‘turned them down’ but only in your own head. Not in reality, as unless they followed it up with an offer there was no job for you to turn down.

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Yes and no. 

Because we don't know if Norwich were interested after the conversation. I may have been that we simply didn't want to budge on some demands he made and so there was clearly no room to continue. This wouldn't be a failure on Norwich's part, just not seeing eye to eye.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Is it possible for people to stop having meltdowns? 

No

3 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Oh go on, I'll bite.

Why exactly do you think Webber isn't coming out of this with a great deal of credibility?

The thinking was that the sacking of Farke, particularly the bizarre and cruel timing of it, was part of a grand plan that would allow an already identified target to get in early doors and have a week with the team prior to Southampton.

It is starting to look a bit of a shambles and we're floundering around whilst a crucial game approaches in 8 days time.

Like I say, we don't really know. Behind the scenes everything might be transpiring exactly as foreseen and if that's the case, I'll tip my cap to a game well-played by Webber and the club.

• Like 3