Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Webber Out

Shambles of a PL season twice now. Sacked a manager he should have backed. Signed crap players. Now humiliatingly getting turned down by an unemployed manager half the fan base didnt want anyway. What a clown.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

*according to the representatives of Frank Lampard, as reported through Sky Sports News.

What could possibly be wrong here.

Edited by 1902

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Shambles of a PL season twice now. Sacked a manager he should have backed. Signed crap players. Now humiliatingly getting turned down by an unemployed manager half the fan base didnt want anyway. What a clown.

How do you know it’s not us that made the decision?

My feeling was that Lampard had a change of heart the very moment the Rangers job came available on Wednesday. A safe appointment for him to build his reputation and a 50% starting chance of winning the league with a couple of European games to boot too. Was 10/1 overnight, is now the second favourite. Took the 10/1.

6 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

My feeling was that Lampard had a change of heart the very moment the Rangers job came available on Wednesday. A safe appointment for him to build his reputation and a 50% starting chance of winning the league with a couple of European games to boot too. Was 10/1 overnight, is now the second favourite. Took the 10/1.

Great bet Alex. Got a strong feeling be could end up there as well. Makes more sense for him. Gerrard has grown a very strong reputation from his time there

If he'd rather manage a club with Championship level players and play against teams who would struggle to stay in L1 every week then I think that shows how confident he is in his abilities. I didn't want him from the start, but I think he'd be better off at rangers where he only has to manage about 10 real, competitive games a season. 

12 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Possibly because Lampard asked for assurances, resources or conditions that we weren't prepared to give. We don't know if we made an offer, and we don't know if that offer was a "take it or leave it" from us because we have other irons in the fire.

Also where did those big-hitters get their news from? Probably the same source.

Why call something a shambles until you know the full story?

The chances are that SW is a ruthless b*stard and not very nice bloke but to be fair to him he's getting all this flak about our failure to land these ' names ' when there's not a shred of evidence that any of them were seriously considered in the first place.

All this talk of FL turning us down when the truth may well be he was never offered the job at all. The media are implying that he turned down an offer. I'll bet there was never an offer to turn down.

We're more likely to end up with someone from an obscure Scandinavian league who we've never heard of before.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 2

I think this is all a work of genius by Webber. Lampard was clearly a smoke screen to keep other clubs from our true target. Either that or Delia just wanted to meet Frankie in person.

48 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Possibly because Lampard asked for assurances, resources or conditions that we weren't prepared to give. We don't know if we made an offer, and we don't know if that offer was a "take it or leave it" from us because we have other irons in the fire.

Jeez mate, I thought you’d been on this forum for long enough to know this 🤣

Just now, Rivvo said:

Jeez mate, I thought you’d been on this forum for long enough to know this 🤣

Sorry, momentarily forgot where I was. Should probably get that checked out.

3 minutes ago, OnDaBall said:

I think this is all a work of genius by Webber. Lampard was clearly a smoke screen to keep other clubs from our true target. Either that or Delia just wanted to meet Frankie in person.

Or Frankie wanted to nibble her croutons.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Or Frankie wanted to nibble her croutons.

ooh-matron-kenneth-williams-carry-on-camping.gif.256d63ee00ae62fa702737d5203512df.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Sorry, momentarily forgot where I was. Should probably get that checked out.

If it's any consolation, Norwich Twitter is even worse at the moment.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If it's any consolation, Norwich Twitter is even worse at the moment.

Rather you than me mate. 

1 hour ago, 1902 said:

The shambles for me is that we sacked a manager without someone ready to walk in the door. If you don't have a manager ready to walk in the door how do you know the manager you can get is better than the one leaving. Don't get me wrong I believe Farke had to go but how can we not have someone ready to take over. We had to know this was coming either after Chelsea or at least Leeds. We should have been in position to announce a new manager 24 hours after Farke was removed. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Canaries north said:

The shambles for me is that we sacked a manager without someone ready to walk in the door. If you don't have a manager ready to walk in the door how do you know the manager you can get is better than the one leaving. Don't get me wrong I believe Farke had to go but how can we not have someone ready to take over. We had to know this was coming either after Chelsea or at least Leeds. We should have been in position to announce a new manager 24 hours after Farke was removed. 

So, your suggestion is that we started interviewing before we had fired Farke and tried to keep it under wraps? Given the structure of the club it's clearly not a standard managerial position, so we were always going to have to have a selection process in place which would take time.

1 hour ago, OnDaBall said:

Just a PR exercise to make it look like we explored the expensive options before appointing Russell Martin. 

2 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Completely agree with this and hope you lumped on at 10/1. He's 10/3 now

Edited by Don’t be Krul

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I think you need to think carefully. I’m pleased that Lampard wasn’t a shoe in as he clearly thought he would be. It will take time to weigh up the candidates properly. Due diligence is important here. I personally would have kept Farke, but it’s very much a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. What we need is a manager who believes in Norwich, not one who sees us as a way back onto the managerial Merry-go-round.

7 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

yes i agree too. Rangers job vacated because Villa acted, and that is FL safer bet. Not Webber's fault it all went Pete Tong.

15 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I think you need to think carefully. I’m pleased that Lampard wasn’t a shoe in as he clearly thought he would be. It will take time to weigh up the candidates properly. Due diligence is important here. I personally would have kept Farke, but it’s very much a case of damned if he does, damned if he doesn’t. What we need is a manager who believes in Norwich, not one who sees us as a way back onto the managerial Merry-go-round.

My point isnt about Lampard's suitability more Webber's incompetence. 

25 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Just a fiver, Krully! But the timeline all adds up for me, that job just screams Lampard I feel and I reckon he’s seen that as a safe and attractive option!

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Had a brief look but headed very swiftly back to the shores of reason.

Where Lakey holds court…😊

I'm hoping Webber will pull a rabbit out of the 'Favre 'hat yet.

But if he doesn't then I can see another change on the horizon. You only had to look at the faces of Smith and the BOD at the Brentford match to see what they thought of sacking Farke. This won't go down well.

Hopefully a quality appointment very early next week.

5 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

That is certainly how I see it, and surprised it has taken this long for anyone to start a 'Webber out' thread - must admit I nearly did as soon as I heard that Lampard & Smith were being talked to.

Of course, there is probably a lot going on that we know nothing about but everything we do know so far indicates that its a complete bl**dy shambles and a series of very poor judgements by Webber.

The sooner Webber goes the better IMO.