Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Lampard turns us down

9 minutes ago, Canary bob said:

Neither Frank Lampard or Dean Smith were ever on the alleged list of 2, why does everyone believe the rubbish being spouted by sky sports and talksport. Just to cover there backsides, sky sports are now saying  Frank has turned the job down, how could he turn down a job he was never offered. 

So you think they just made it up? How do you know that he wasn't offered it... numerous journalists reporting he was...

Let's see who can be the most outraged......"I knew it!....I just bl00dy well knew it!"...."I knew it!....I just bl00dy well knew it!"...."I knew it!....I just bl00dy well knew it!"...."I knew it!....I just bl00dy well knew it!"...."I knew it!....I just bl00dy well knew it!"....

2 minutes ago, For the future said:

If this is true back to the championship for a long time 

2 minutes ago, For the future said:

If this is true back to the championship for a long time 

BREAKING NEWS

BACK ALREADY 

Dean Smith set to be offered Norwich job after Chelsea legend Frank Lampard pulls out of running to replace Daniel Farke 

this is just from the sun news paper football headlines 

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I wrote that it was probably  a contract thing, maybe he does not like the power Webber has in the club 

Or maybe he doesn't want a job where it's possible to fail.

9 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

The club's a shambles because we shouldn't have wasted a week farting around with the privileged little chancer.

I'm guessing that's probably not quite how it went.

44 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Weird if Lampard has turned us down though. I thought he'd see us as the perfect opportunity, a club closely aligned to his managerial strengths and genuine patience to build and see it through. 

Can't see any other PL teams going for him so what was he waiting for? What went wrong?

He probably had a call from Ibrox and is about to take that job citing........'massive opportunity' etc. knowing he will win football matches almost every week 

Although I personally was underwhelmed by the prospect of Lampard, I was fully prepared to back him as the manager if he was the man who Webber wanted (which appears to be the case based on nearly all reports). 

To my mind its perfectly reasonable to be underwhelmed by the prospect of our no. 1 managerial choice being Lampard, as well as being disappointed that we couldn't even manage to get that man in! It just doesn't reflect especially well on the club, whatever his reasons were. 

If he was indeed our first choice and we now get in Smith instead - who was only just sacked last week and probably not in the best mental state to dive head first into what is effectively a car crash of a squad - then sorry but that's just even more underwhelming!

Its all good though, we've still got about 27 more candidates before we reach Spurs' levels. 

• Like 1

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

He probably had a call from Ibrox and is about to take that job citing........'massive opportunity' etc. knowing he will win football matches almost every week 

Well he would with us... just might have to wait 9 months!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Has anybody managed to conjure up a theory that lays the blame for this firmly at the door of the majority shareholders yet?

May I suggest that the stumbling block was wages and that Delia personally vetoed breaking the wage structure to accommodate Frank as a starting point? And that when Christine asked to have a look round the Norwich shops, someone took her to Anglia Square..

Excellent! That place has been a total dump for decades and is a shame on our City.

1 hour ago, priceyrice said:

Oh dear, does look a bit amateur of us having this all play out in the public domain. Not sure what job Frank thinks is good enough for him but if he's rejected us and didn't believe in the project then we've dodged a bullet 

oh dear, how amateurish for posters to make up all these assumptions and get in a right tiz...  without any clue as to what the club are actually doing..... for the rational, this just takes time.     The press set the agenda's, report what they like, and the gullible just follow along for the ride!     

• Like 1

MB has said Lampard felt it wasn't right job for him at this stage of his career, and I'd agree. Taking over a likely to be relegated club and then deal with the aftermath is not something he probably wants to have experience of, nor does he have the experience to deal with the current situation. Makes sense for him to turn it down, it could ruin his already not brilliant start to management 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

MB has said Lampard felt it wasn't right job for him at this stage of his career, and I'd agree. Taking over a likely to be relegated club and then deal with the aftermath is not something he probably wants to have experience of, nor does he have the experience to deal with the current situation. Makes sense for him to turn it down, it could ruin his already not brilliant start to management 

Yes, far better to go to Rangers where there's only one serious opponent and you have to be seriously **** not to win something.

This is truly excellent news and the beauty of it is that in walking away from the hiring process Lampard has utterly proven WHY he was a poor candidate for US ... he is a celebrity manager who doesn't want to dent his brand by being linked to relegation threatened NCFC.

Now let's hire someone who has grafted their way on to the manager's bench and possesses enough substance, know-how and genius to forge us into something better than the sum of its parts.

For what it's worth I doubt Lampard 'turned us down'. He expected to be handed the role before we had finished interviewing everyone and got cold feet. 

I also doubt he was ever Webber's preferred candidate.

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 5

Well thank f**k for that!

Fingers crossed we'll appoint someone with some actual managerial ability.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does anyone really think Smith is an upgrade on Farke?

Quite possibly - yes.

I think he's as philosophically astute but more rounded and adaptable. 

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

This is truly excellent news and the beauty of it is that in walking away from the hiring process Lampard has utterly proven WHY he was a poor candidate ... he is a celebrity manager who doesn't want to dent his brand by being linked to relegation threatened NCFC.

Now let's hire someone who has grafted their way on to the manager's bench and possesses enough substance, know-how and genius to forge us into better than the sum of our parts.

For what it's worth I doubt Lampard 'turned us down'. He expected to be handed the role before we had finished interviewing everyone and got cold feet. 

I also doubt he was ever Webber's preferred candidate.

Although I was pretty positive about the East End boy being anointed here, you do make some very good points. That said, I hope it's not Dean Smith. As others have said he must still be flat as hell after being sacked at Villa and I can't see him having the necessary drive to inspire our squad. That coupled with the fact that he wouldn't have been anywhere near Webbers list last Saturday night as he was still employed and we would not have had a cat in hells chance luring him away from his boyhood club!  

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

So FL is a bit of a pr**k teaser. Let'shope webber has something up his sleeve.

I don't think there was ever any talk of him dishing out the handies Lakey.

5 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Quite possibly - yes.

I think he's as philosophically astute but more rounded and adaptable. 

Not an upgrade but less of a downgrade than Lampard.

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Although I was pretty positive about the East End boy being anointed here, you do make some very good points. That said, I hope it's not Dean Smith. As others have said he must still be flat as hell after being sacked at Villa and I can't see him having the necessary drive to inspire our squad. That coupled with the fact that he wouldn't have been anywhere near Webbers list last Saturday night as he was still employed and we would not have had a cat in hells chance luring him away from his boyhood club!  

Yeah, I get that, but I don't think that his absence from Webber's list is a thing to worry about ... he was still employed! If Smith had been pushed overboard by Villa in the summer (for a manager who'll sell more shirts around the planet) I bet he would have been on 'the list'.

If you look at what Smith did at Walsall, Brentford and Villa (until Buendia arrived!) and look at what players and fans say about him you might be more reassured.

I have a Villa mate who swears they're gutted up there and see Smith as far superior to StevieG.

Imagine sacking a manager who just won a game and appointing someone who lost 5 on the bounce and couldn't get a tune out of Emi. 

A totally underwhelming appointment if it is Smith.

• Like 2

Thank **** for that. No point in sacking Farke and replacing him with Frank Lampard. Let’s hope this is all journalist talk and the real target is still on for the appointment 

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Imagine sacking a manager who just won a game and appointing someone who lost 5 on the bounce and couldn't get a tune out of Emi. 

A totally underwhelming appointment if it is Smith.

Nothing to say it is definitely Smith, yes he's been reported in the press but Webber might have a few tricks up his sleeve just yet

Best news all day. That is if he was even offered it , or interviewed.

Come on, is he really an improvement on DF ? would he really be able to carry on in a similar style but improve on the way we are set up ?

Never .

We need a better version of DF And not just a name who is out of work.

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

So you think they just made it up? How do you know that he wasn't offered it... numerous journalists reporting he was...

Micheal Bailey has just tweeted that Frank didn't wish to be considered for the job at stage of his so called career and so didn't get offered job. And I would prefer to believe the local jorno's then national ones to let me know what's going on.  I mean a few years ago according to national press we had Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink signed sealed as manager