Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Lampard turns us down

I thought the general consensus was he was probably not the right guy for us - now the club's a shambles because he's not in the running?! 😆

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does anyone really think Smith is an upgrade on Farke?

When I was frustrated with Farke i'd say Yes.

Thinking about the options now, I'd say No.   Seems too "simple" to me, maybe that's a little harsh?  Had Grealish and a wealth of other talent at his disposal.  But has looked so lost this season without him.

Luckily everyone else touted is quite positive.  Shame Newcastle and Villa in the waters at the same time, I really felt Howe was the one after Chelsea.  Left it too late, i fear.  But i've got utmost trust in Webber to deliver still.. Even though he's facing an incredible uphill battle now.

28 minutes ago, HoolaOHoolahan said:

#Circus - What a shambles. Dean smith is a step down from Daniel Farke.

BACK ALREADY 

Dean Smith set to be offered Norwich job after Chelsea legend Frank Lampard pulls out of running to replace Daniel Farke

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, HoolaOHoolahan said:

I really thought that Webber was a step ahead. Bringing Farke in and some quality signings, it seemed he really knew what he was doing.But Dean Smith is Chamionship level at best and we had a better Championship manager at the club already. I really hope he has something up his sleeve, as Smith is downgrade.

It appears to have escaped your attention, but Webber is trying to recruit a Premier League coach, not one for the Championship.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Just don't get why Farke was given the push so soon after the game on Saturday if another coach was not already lined up to replace him straightway. 

Because that's not the way it works.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Does anyone really think Smith is an upgrade on Farke?

No he isn't and on top of that I just don't like the guy.

He is afterall, a lifelong Vills fan and he couldn't even get Emi playing so what chance will Cantwell have

Neither Frank Lampard or Dean Smith were ever on the alleged list of 2, why does everyone believe the rubbish being spouted by sky sports and talksport. Just to cover there backsides, sky sports are now saying  Frank has turned the job down, how could he turn down a job he was never offered. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Let's be honest, I’m now going to make a load of completely unprovable  statements sound like facts.

Fixed that for you (and half the other posts on here).

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hahaha **** sake Webber you clown

Lampard wasn't actually offered the job , to turn it down. Perhaps Webber didn't think FL was the right person for Norwich City. There's a thought

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

No he isn't and on top of that I just don't like the guy.

He is afterall, a lifelong Vills fan and he couldn't even get Emi playing so what chance will Cantwell have

**** me, we really are scraping the barrel now. 

"We can't employ Smith - he's a life long Villa fan!"

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Fixed that for you (and half the other posts on here).

I can't quite fathom why anyone would welcome Lampard as manager (I personally didn't want him) but not Dean Smith, who at least has some relevant experience.

• Like 2

We don't know. I had said I think Lampard was a red herring, but even with this anything can happen on the managerial merry-go-round.

5 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Let's be honest, this is all a disaster. It's obvious Farke was sacked with someone specific in mind, and it's not going to come off. 

We will probably end up with somebody where it will look like we'd have been better off just keeping Farke!

How is it obvious?

5 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

It appears to have escaped your attention, but Webber is trying to recruit a Premier League coach, not one for the Championship.

And perhaps that's the problem because (and I hate to say this) we are not going to be a PL club next year

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I can't quite fathom why anyone would welcome Lampard as manager (I personally didn't want him) but not Dean Smith, who at least has some relevant experience.

Agree Hoggy. If it was just them 2 in the running, then I'd go for Smith

DEAN SMITH will reportedly be offered the Norwich job after Frank Lampard has pulled out of the running.

The former Chelsea manager, who was not offered the job, felt that he would not suit the position at Carrow Road and could struggle to turn the team around.

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

I thought the general consensus was he was probably not the right guy for us - now the club's a shambles because he's not in the running?! 😆

The club's a shambles because we shouldn't have wasted a week farting around with the privileged little chancer.

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

If the internet had a slogan, it would be Strong Opinions Based on Absolutely No Knowledge. This thread encapsulates this perfectly.

To which I would suggest adding = Good Entertainment

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mutley said:

Just don't get why Farke was given the push so soon after the game on Saturday if another coach was not already lined up to replace him straightway. 

Because our board are a bunch of amateurs.... pathetic

4 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Agree Hoggy. If it was just them 2 in the running, then I'd go for Smith

Yeah, personally i'd rather neither of them but anyone who wanted Lampard would struggle to find a logical argument for not wanting Smith.

• Like 2