Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Lampard turns us down

Obviously Webber made the decision pre-Brentford to sack Farke because he couldn't see where the next win would come from. He had no idea who would come in, but he must have been convinced we would be going down with Farke at the helm. Still suspect that Farke's reluctance to play Gilmour, Cantwell and Tzolis was a big factor.

8 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Weird if Lampard has turned us down though. I thought he'd see us as the perfect opportunity, a club closely aligned to his managerial strengths and genuine patience to build and see it through. 

Can't see any other PL teams going for him so what was he waiting for? What went wrong?

No transfer funds in January and Christine prefers Harrods to Jarrolds

Has anybody managed to conjure up a theory that lays the blame for this firmly at the door of the majority shareholders yet?

May I suggest that the stumbling block was wages and that Delia personally vetoed breaking the wage structure to accommodate Frank as a starting point? And that when Christine asked to have a look round the Norwich shops, someone took her to Anglia Square..

Just now, Sparta Plastic said:

Starting to look like there wasn't much of a plan or strategic thinking behind the Farke sacking.

Not a surprise unfortunately.

Be weird if Neeyul Adams takes temporary charge of team affairs and we go on a 5 game winning streak....Things happen for a reason my old Granny used to say......

I don't know what's worse or more worrying, that Lampard was Webbers first choice or that his first choice has now turned us down. 

At the very least I expected him to have an ideal candidate lined up and ready to take on the job. He has previous for it, he said he was speaking to Farke even while Wagner was doing well at Huddersfield. I'm struggling to believe that he could be so careless this time and in such an important year, for that reason I'm still clinging onto hope that everything reported in the media is nonsense and we're finalizing work on his original, so far unreported target.

• Like 2

I really thought that Webber was a step ahead. Bringing Farke in and some quality signings, it seemed he really knew what he was doing.But Dean Smith is Chamionship level at best and we had a better Championship manager at the club already. I really hope he has something up his sleeve, as Smith is downgrade.

Edited by HoolaOHoolahan

17 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Paul Warne....come on down.....Stu can meet him halfway for an interview in the 'Cheerio Cafe'.....Warne will work on a tight budget  and happy we're a self-funded club.....Game on!....Get the Norwich born City Fan lad in..... 

I really wouldn’t be disappointed at all if Paul Warne was our new head coach, he plays exciting football from what I can remember.

1 minute ago, Top corner said:

I really wouldn’t be disappointed at all if Paul Warne was our new head coach, he plays exciting football from what I can remember.

Stranger things have happened....he's not a bad manager....

10 minutes ago, Stan-Ern-Bob said:

Who said he turned it down, maybe he didn’t fit and was shown the door. 

Everyone who is constantly hunting for something to criticise about our club.

1 minute ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Lampard likely going for the Rangers job

Well, it's nice and safe, isn't he? Even he might succeed there.

My god….everyone just making stuff up.  Just calm the f down.  Seriously.  No one knows sod all, but they want you to retweet, watch ssn, listen to talksport, then place a rubbish bet, even the journos on the pinkun are basically quoting other news outlets. No idea 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

• Like 8

Let's be honest, this is all a disaster. It's obvious Farke was sacked with someone specific in mind, and it's not going to come off. 

We will probably end up with somebody where it will look like we'd have been better off just keeping Farke!