Sign in to follow this  
Terminally Yellow

Lampard turns us down

Frank has history of turning down opportunities. Turned down Ipswich when they eventually appointed the ex-Shrewsbury manager whose name escapes me. Turned down Palace this summer, fearing the rebuild project was too much. It strikes me that unless everything is 100% as he wants it, Frank is too frightened to take it. 

Sky Sports have just said Frank Lampard will NOT be the new Norwich manager. 

It’s going to be someone left field is my guess, and have always thought due to the length of time likely to be someone from abroad possibly already in a job.

Just don't get why Farke was given the push so soon after the game on Saturday if another coach was not already lined up to replace him straightway. 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hahaha **** sake Webber you clown

How do you *know* he’s to blame?

Paul Warne....come on down.....Stu can meet him halfway for an interview in the 'Cheerio Cafe'.....Warne will work on a tight budget  and happy we're a self-funded club.....Game on!....Get the Norwich born City Fan lad in..... 

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hahaha **** sake Webber you clown

What? Webber never once told us Lampard was to be our manager did he?

• Like 1

Just now, lake district canary said:

So FL is a bit of a pr**k teaser. Let'shope webber has something up his sleeve.

He will have 👍

Just now, lake district canary said:

So FL is a bit of a pr**k teaser. Let'shope webber has something up his sleeve.

You are telling me you have never gone for an interview, not liked the terms, so turned down a job offer Lakey?

Oh dear, does look a bit amateur of us having this all play out in the public domain. Not sure what job Frank thinks is good enough for him but if he's rejected us and didn't believe in the project then we've dodged a bullet 

Just now, 1902 said:

You are telling me you have never gone for an interview, not liked the terms, so turned down a job offer Lakey?

Cults don't do interviews do they?

• Haha 1

Just now, priceyrice said:

Oh dear, does look a bit amateur of us having this all play out in the public domain. Not sure what job Frank thinks is good enough for him but if he's rejected us and didn't believe in the project then we've dodged a bullet 

Tbf, what is in the public domain and what is actually going on are rarely the same things, and Norwich have a history of keeping cards close to the chest on this stuff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Cults don't do interviews do they?

Nope, just payment plans.

Weird if Lampard has turned us down though. I thought he'd see us as the perfect opportunity, a club closely aligned to his managerial strengths and genuine patience to build and see it through. 

Can't see any other PL teams going for him so what was he waiting for? What went wrong?

I really hope he has someone better than Dean Smith lined up. Dean Smith couldn't have been in Webbers plans on Saturday when he sacked Farke, which makes it look like it's a panic appointment. If it is him then it really does looks like Championship planning.

Edited by HoolaOHoolahan
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The stars are aligning for the homecoming of Russell Martin.

Don’t, just don’t.

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Frank has history of turning down opportunities. Turned down Ipswich when they eventually appointed the ex-Shrewsbury manager whose name escapes me. Turned down Palace this summer, fearing the rebuild project was too much. It strikes me that unless everything is 100% as he wants it, Frank is too frightened to take it. 

Too far out of his comfort zone for a variety of reasons.  Fact is FL is not like us.