Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Neither Lampard or Smith are convinced they want the job..

10 minutes ago, Thumbbass said:

No-one, not even someone with a Twitter account knows anything. It's not good for business. Media trolls and betting companies poking and prodding for a reaction and cash changes nowt. Rumour is exactly just that.

Precisely this, and the gullible keep lapping it up. 

23 minutes ago, Highland Canary said:

This season is done. We’ll finish 20th whoever is  coach. The choice should simply be about credentials towards championship promotion. In this regard Smith clearly trumps Lampard and Farke trumps all comers - perhaps they should offer him the job?

Its clearly not done. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

What's the point of sacking a proven championship winning manager if the place we are in is accept relegation and build for next season.

Replace a man who has proven he can win one of the hardest leagues to get out of, twice, with someone who has no such record. Is that what they call blue-sky thinking? Cuz it sound more like bull sh*t thinking to me. 

Because someone had to carry the can to keep Webbers poor transfers (in terms of players who could compete in the PL immediately) justified and as a result keep his reputation intact for when he goes to something bigger?

So when you apply for a job, do you just sit around at home waiting for the phone to ring, with a yay and nay? That's what being implied here. These guys are just getting on with their lives. Maybe enjoying some down time, before getting stuck into a new role, be that with us or elsewhere. 

7 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

What's the point of sacking a proven championship winning manager if the place we are in is accept relegation and build for next season.

Replace a man who has proven he can win one of the hardest leagues to get out of, twice, with someone who has no such record. Is that what they call blue-sky thinking? Cuz it sound more like bull sh*t thinking to me. 

And a man who has twice proven he doesn’t have what it takes in the PL. 

If we kept him, assuming he survived the crowds ire, then we get relegated, then he has to turn that around with supporters on his back and demoralised team with the best players gone. 

Assuming he does all that and gets us promoted, and it’s massive if, we are right back where we started.

What do we do? Sack him on promotion? Give him a third try? What’s the definition of madness  again? 

• Like 1

I wonder what is really going on . Lets be honest, all of the names have come out of the media. None from NCFC.

It could be that Webber is sitting chuckling to himself about it all as he speaks to XYZ instead.

But regardless if true that's fine because i don't want either of them two either.

All this talk of the Championship being a consideration. Webber wants a coach who can keep us up. No one has given up. The pundits have us relegated, but seem to think that Newcastle will comfortably escape under Eddie Howe because they can spend some money in January. But we know how long is takes to bed in new players and it isn't going to be that easy for them either.

I genuinely think we can still survive with the players we already have and any new coach must surely believe that too or it's pointless appointing them.

We don't want a coach for the Championship.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Indeed, this is fast becoming a full size media circus. Good for clicks and bets and digital business.

Cynical but I am sure there is truth to this.

This is exactly what’s going on. The fact that many believe all this drivel is hilarious 😆

None of the media outlets have a clue! 

41 minutes ago, 1902 said:

I actually would love to work for TalkSport, literally the easiest gig out there. Make up whatever you like, contradict it the next day, still get paid and nobody even seems to care how often you are wrong. 

TalkSport could say Paddy Ashdown will be the next coach of Norwich city and this board would keep quoting them as a source.

I listened to White and Jordan today - just for an update . It is a shambles of a show . Pick a subject (Ema Radacanu) and put two extreme (scripted) views. Throw in the pointless Martin Keown and you have a car crash of a show that is virtually hard to listen to. 
I lasted 15 mins . 
After a headline - Lampard off to Norwich , supported by a line from Harry Redknapp they then said “the Rangers job could have scuppered it”

They have no idea 

38 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

And a man who has twice proven he doesn’t have what it takes in the PL. 

That's irrelevant if the place you are in is 'accept relegation and build for next season.' If relegation is a given, why employ someone who may not even be able to get you out of the championship?

32 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

All this talk of the Championship being a consideration. Webber wants a coach who can keep us up. No one has given up. The pundits have us relegated, but seem to think that Newcastle will comfortably escape under Eddie Howe because they can spend some money in January. But we know how long is takes to bed in new players and it isn't going to be that easy for them either.

I genuinely think we can still survive with the players we already have and any new coach must surely believe that too or it's pointless appointing them.

Eddie Howe is a better manager than Steve Bruce though.

Give me Eddie Howe as Farke's replacement and I wouldnt be complaining.

1 hour ago, Dean80 said:

lamps in talks with Glasgow Rangers according to talk sport, 

That should get a few more betting addicts splashing cash they don't have to help fund the Talks**te radio station.

Actually a pretty sensible move my both Smith and Lampard...

I think they both want a job in the premiership, evidently neither are wedded to Norwich, we are just a vehicle for their ambition.  However, they do care about their own success and would surely be negotiating the terms of the deal, what they have control of, backroom they can bring in and what they can spend.  Since that directly influences their success, and many have been quick to call them failures for previous tenures at other clubs, pretty important really.

My hope is that we don't settle for less, because they are the only ones happy to set the terms.  When the club say they have real ambition to be a premiership club, this is the time to back that up, yet remain true to their principles... not easy?

Edited by Europe_93
typo

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

That's irrelevant if the place you are in is 'accept relegation and build for next season.' If relegation is a given, why employ someone who may not even be able to get you out of the championship?

What’s the point of getting out of the championship to just fail again? It hasn’t worked twice, it needs a fresh approach.

If Lampard and Smith are having doubts and are ‘unsure’ about taking the Norwich job then Webber should tell them both where to go. If they are not fully committed and up for the task ahead then they are not right for us and what we need now.

I want someone to come in who is 100% committed and motivated in trying to stay in this division and building for the future.

• Like 1

The amount of people lapping up the media nonsense as fact says all you need to know about their intelligence levels.

Also look at the pinkun thread starting troll doing it with endless new threads stirring it up. 

So much media hype !!  Where do we stand ? Discussions perhaps made but believe both don't fancy chances of keeping us up and are more interested in Rangers job which is far easier to handle and are in Europe. neither likely to fail there as we are a great risk for them.

If neither can keep us up what happens to their image and ego's?

Please bring someone in who WANTS the job at Norwich City  COYY

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

We need a head coach who can do better than Farke in the Premier League but who is prepared to work in the Championship and do well in it.

IF (and an intergalatic-sized IF at that) this is true - that there are two candidates, and neither of them fancy us, then this is a new nadir of cringe.

However, I suspect that this story holds as much water as me, having not yet broken the seal, after my 7th pint.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Its clearly not done. 

I admire your optimism Jim. Beyond Normann I can’t think of any Norwich players that would find another PL team (maybe, possibly, Aarons, Cantwell, Gilmour but none are shoe ins?). Can’t see any other team that has fewer options upfront, lacks creativity post-Emi, and concedes goals for fun. So imo we will undoubtedly finish 20th. That being the case means we need not be in any rush to appoint and the sole criterion should be about championship track record.