Sign in to follow this  
Pugin

The timing of Daniel's sacking

Iwan Roberts is the latest to blame the club for the timing of the sacking.

I just don't get it. The decision had been made during the week. It had to be delivered to Daniel as soon as possible.

The players needed reassurance and some explanation of what was going on. Sunday was a day off and then the group split up during international week. So Stuart Webber called the players together at 10pm on Saturday at Colney to talk about it. 

So, what other timing would have worked? It just feels like club-bashing for tbe sake of it.

In terms of impact on Daniel, the timing makes not one jot of difference. It was painful no matter when it happened. To sit on the news for hours / days would have made no sense at all.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pugin said:

I just don't get it. The decision had been made during the week. It had to be delivered to Daniel as soon as possible.

The players needed reassurance and some explanation of what was going on. Sunday was a day off and then the group split up during international week. So Stuart Webber called the players together at 10pm on Saturday at Colney to talk about it. 

So, what other timing would have worked? It just feels like club-bashing for tbe sake of it.

In terms of impact on Daniel, the timing makes not one jot of difference. It was painful no matter when it happened. To sit on the news for hours / days would have made no sense at all.

It was pi££ poor timing and anyone who can’t see that needs help. If your going to sack him regardless of the Brentford result have the balls to do it soon after the Leeds match.

Edited by Midlands Yellow

It is Webber bashing by those that can see no other person managing us despite results on the pitch. There is absolutely no "right" time to sack a person. He has gone, move on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I thought the timing made absolute sense from a club point of view and that’s what should be coming first.

From Daniels pint of view and a sentimental point of view it was messy for sure anyhow.

I think Webber got it right.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It was pi££ poor timing and anyone who can’t see that needs help. If your going to sack him regardless of the Brentford result have the balls to do it soon after the Leeds match.

What absolute rubbish. You need the help. 

It made sense in order to try and keep stability to get a realistic result against Brentford. 

It made sense in terms of the players and staff getting told together and saying goodbye to a team they worked with for years. 

There is no ideal time. This moronic idea that there is just makes people who believe it look even more thick. 

Well done. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pugin said:

For me it was bad timing.

What other timing?

The coach bringing them all back would have either gone to Colney or CR, it's not like the cabbage coaches where the drive 'might' drop a few people off here/there for a beer token. In either case the players & Farke could have been told there NOT at an away stadium.

I guess that makes me 'thick' !!!!

26 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

We picked up 3 points AND look to appoint a new manager during 2 week break - how is that **** poor?

You supporting Farke or the club with that statement?

Sack him after Leeds, who fills in? We probably lose against Brentford as we're in such a shambles... It's absolute nonsense to suggest this wasn't a good time.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

From Daniels pint of view and a sentimental point of view it was messy for sure anyhow.

Liked just because you used the word 'anyhow'. 

Really hope SW sat Daniel down and said 'I'm afraid your defensive behaviour has not been good anyhow and you're not a topic for the coach's job any more.'

27 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Requires much less 'balls' to sack someone straight after a loss as opposed to a win...

34 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Agreed. It's amazing how many people who love the sport, even were involved in the sport but don't understand it. 

I would have liked the club to have someone in by today if not tomorrow at the latest. Gives a week to see the players and get staff sorted etc. I think the timing was spot on to sack a manager, give him the farewell before they go onto international duty. Then I suppose we would get moaned about for leaving it a few more games or even days later. 

7 minutes ago, fredherring said:

It made sense in order to try and keep stability to get a realistic result against Brentford. 

It made sense in terms of the players and staff getting told together and saying goodbye to a team they worked with for years. 

There is no ideal time. This moronic idea that there is just makes people who believe it look even more thick. 

Well done. 

This 100% 👍🏻

Just now, Ward 3 said:

I would have liked the club to have someone in by today if not tomorrow at the latest. Gives a week to see the players and get staff sorted etc. I think the timing was spot on to sack a manager, give him the farewell before they go onto international duty. Then I suppose we would get moaned about for leaving it a few more games or even days later. 

Most of them not back until middle of next week 

I can see that the job may have got too big for Farke with some players unhappy and causing ruptions behind the scenes, but he should have been backed rather than sacked. The timing wasn't good though and Daniel rather made it worse for Webber by winning the match.

I don't think I've ever seen such joy and exuberance from the players on winning an ordinary league match - winning it was a huge psychological barrier that had been removed - and the benefits of that to morale and togetherness for up coming matches was really important.

Now the foot has been taken off the pedal, the improved results meaningless, a new man coming in to try and get to know the players and certain players who have been less than focussed in training feeling smug that they've got rid of the man they saw as holding them back - and really, it's a rather sorry story, from top to bottom.  Through all that the only man to come through it with any credit is Daniel himself.

He got that vital first win, was trying to deal with the precious egos behind the scenes and was starting to get improved results.  Sacking him at all was wrong and should have been backed more by Webber, not thrown under the bus.

Just now, Yobocop said:

Just now, Yobocop said:

Yeah mate I know but you'd like to think they can meet everyone around the club and players that are still here? Ready for when players return.. knowing us we will appoint someone next Friday

So you think the decision to sack Farke was taken just prior to Brentford game???

Think the club knew weeks ago he was living in borrowed time and still we wait 

As stated the new manager needs more than a few  days before the Southampton game

• Like 1

I understand they wanted the  manager in place for the Brentford game, fine, but maybe ask Daniel to meet on the Sunday or something before he headed off to Germany and speak with him then. Doing it immediately after winning his first game of the season was a poor way to treat a great servant for the club, no matter how poorly we had done this season 

You're having to tie yourselves in logical knots here.

"He had to be told as soon as possible"

It was decided on Thursday to sack him. Saturday evening is not as soon as possible.

"But, but, but we needed to give ourselves the best chance of winning against Brentford."

People have spent weeks saying how crap Farke is and how he needs to go, but a lot of those same people are now saying it was right to keep him in for Brentford because it gave us the best chance of winning?

Okaaaaaaaaay.

36 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

We picked up 3 points AND look to appoint a new manager during 2 week break - how is that **** poor?

You supporting Farke or the club with that statement?

Sack him after Leeds, who fills in? We probably lose against Brentford as we're in such a shambles... It's absolute nonsense to suggest this wasn't a good time.

I’m supporting Farke, he deserved better. Sacked after the Chelsea debacle or Leeds poor display would have been acceptable. Why keep him in charge for Brentford if he’s getting the bullet regardless of the result.

If leaving (for another job) as head coach had been he’s choosing you feel it would have been done with more respect and class. 

24 minutes ago, daly said:

So you think the decision to sack Farke was taken just prior to Brentford game???

Think the club knew weeks ago he was living in borrowed time and still we wait 

As stated the new manager needs more than a few  days before the Southampton game

The club started the tapping up process long before the Saturday sacking. 

45 minutes ago, fredherring said:

Well done. 

Made sense to treat him with contempt and let him do a last interview post match too celebrating a win? In your head maybe but with the service he gave he certainly deserved better. 

It's not the timing as such for me. I understand that he didn't want to disrupt the Brentford preparations and then make the change during the international break, that all kind of makes sense... What I don't understand though is how there was no replacement already lined up by the time of DF was canned, despite Webber making his mind up in mid-week??

I was convinced that the timing meant Webber had already sounded out Nuno and he was poised to come straight in, but it seems Webber is just flying by the seat of his pants? The fact that Dean Smith is a leading candidate despite being still employed when we binned off DF speaks volumes that there was no succession plan in place, which baffles me when Webber portrays himself as this astute finger on the pulse kinda guy.

50 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Requires much less 'balls' to sack someone straight after a loss as opposed to a win...

Whatever the club do will always get a thumbs up from you regardless. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’m supporting Farke, he deserved better. Sacked after the Chelsea debacle or Leeds poor display would have been acceptable. Why keep him in charge for Brentford if he’s getting the bullet regardless of the result.

Then your point is valid, I support the club so we'll have differing views on whether this was 'good'