Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Farkefact

Bonus Farke Life fact: No German had played for #ncfc before he arrived but at least one German started in all of his first 133 games as Norwich City manager 

Before Farke we had to make do with David Phillips being a German born NCFC player.

It's not true though. No German started VS Brentford. I can't be bothered to look further back than that, but I'd imagine there were plenty of games with no Germans.

19 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It's not true though. No German started VS Brentford. I can't be bothered to look further back than that, but I'd imagine there were plenty of games with no Germans.

The quote says in all of his first 133 games. He's managed over 200 for us.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

It states "first 133 games", not every game of his 208-game tenure. I guess 133 games is about three seasons, including cup games. I think Stiepermann, Zimmerman and Trybull were regulars for much of that period. Not sure who our other German nationals were that featured in our first EPL season under Farke? 

I couldn't say whether the 'fact' is accurate either way. 

2 hours ago, Chip20 said:

It states "first 133 games", not every game of his 208-game tenure. I guess 133 games is about three seasons, including cup games. I think Stiepermann, Zimmerman and Trybull were regulars for much of that period. Not sure who our other German nationals were that featured in our first EPL season under Farke? 

Timm Klose is a dual national and arrived prior to Farke.

2 hours ago, Chip20 said:

Oh, I totally misread it. That makes more sense. 

Other Germans incuded CB who played briefly alongside Russ Martin at Millwall in early 2017.  Dennis Srebeny, Heise, FB don't remember name, midfielder brought in Jan 19, Rupp, and Leitner.  Some hardly played at all during Farke reign.