Seems we are to blame for Climate Change

Brexit is done

Covid, pretty much done

news have got to do something to get clicks

environments the next frontier

btw the answer is yes, we should stop flying everywhere

1 minute ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How is HS2 going to help?

Itll get rid off all those protected woodlands and areas of SSI  that have been getting in the way of progress for years.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Brexit is done

Covid, pretty much done

news have got to do something to get clicks

environments the next frontier

btw the answer is yes, we should stop flying everywhere

Elephant in the room has to be the increase in population rates though?

Just now, Ian said:

Of course, apparently long term predictions are for population decrease though. We definitely need to modify the way we live but there’s definitely a 2 tier society with plebs taking the train and others taking private jets then slagging us off for getting a steak on a Friday night or something.

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

Are Elephant populations increasing then, didn't know that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Of course, apparently long term predictions are for population decrease though. We definitely need to modify the way we live but there’s definitely a 2 tier society with plebs taking the train and others taking private jets then slagging us off for getting a steak on a Friday night or something.

Do as we say not as we do young man!

14 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:
17 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How is HS2 going to help?

Itll get rid off all those protected woodlands and areas of SSI  that have been getting in the way of progress for years.

Hs2 is a staggeringly stupid vanity project that ought to have been kicked into the long grass at the outset, but politicians, having ok'd it in the first place, were then immediately in the grips of big business and greed and couldn't extricate themselves, even though plenty had reservations about it. HS2 will not stop people flying, it might even make flying cheaper as flying companies try to compete with it by dropping prices. And as there will not be any HS2 in Norfolk, flying will still be the quickest way of getting anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Richest 1 percent create more problems climate wise than the poorest 50 percent.  Things like unnecessary flights will make a difference.  

Honestly, flying from Manchester to Leicester for 11 minutes  is madness 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ian said:

Do as we say not as we do young man!

Yes, right away Prince Harry, any more endangered birds you’d like me to roast for you on this transatlantic private jet sir?

Alot of clubs fly to away games then are picked up from the airport on a team coach decked out in club colours. What happens there? Do the players fly yet the coach still goes by road. So two journeys instead of one. That makes it even worse!

My understanding is.....

The team coaches travel empty...ish to the away venue and then the squad fly from a local airport to an airport nearest to the away venue.....Then the travelled empty...ish to the away team venue coaches meet and ferry the squad from the nearest away venue airport and around the local area to the hotel etc. Then on match day, the coaches then transport squad to the away venue. Then after the game, the team coaches transport the squad back to the away local airport. Then the squad fly back to their local airport and the coaches travel back home.....empty.....ish.....

On occasion the non-playing club hierarchy fly there on a same day return flight to the away venues on a chartered executive jet.... 

image.jpeg.8103e3b5ad1eeebfcd6a25612f989bb5.jpegimage.jpeg.667f2c199481ff84e03555161acb57c5.jpegimage.jpeg.254f51fecc6c84152f2ce6a4ab87a3e1.jpegWatch them pennies!. Regardless of a carbon footprint the size of Rackheath. Maybe?

Please use re-usable cups where possible......

8 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Yes, right away Prince Harry, any more endangered birds you’d like me to roast for you on this transatlantic private jet sir?

At least his Grandfather isn't blasting them out of the sky anymore.

11 minutes ago, Haus said:

I'm afraid that the 11 minutes is the point though Haus - it would take 2 and 1/2 hours by coach.

2 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'm afraid that the 11 minutes is the point though Haus - it would take 2 and 1/2 hours by coach.

That is the point.

Imagine the absolute horror if stuck on a luxury coach for two hours with nothing but comfortable seats, drinks, food, toilets and wifi galore. 

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

My understanding is.....

The team coaches travel empty...ish to the away venue and then the squad fly from a local airport to an airport nearest to the away venue.....Then the travelled empty...ish to the away team venue coaches meet and ferry the squad from the nearest away venue airport and around the local area to the hotel etc. Then on match day, the coaches then transport squad to the away venue. Then after the game, the team coaches transport the squad back to the away local airport. Then the squad fly back to their local airport and the coaches travel back home.....empty.....ish.....

On occasion the non-playing club hierarchy fly there on a same day return flight to the away venues on a chartered executive jet.... 

image.jpeg.8103e3b5ad1eeebfcd6a25612f989bb5.jpegimage.jpeg.667f2c199481ff84e03555161acb57c5.jpegimage.jpeg.254f51fecc6c84152f2ce6a4ab87a3e1.jpegWatch them pennies!. Regardless of a carbon footprint the size of Rackheath. Maybe?

Please use re-usable cups where possible......

Never thought about that before, it must be what happens. Bloody ridiculous.

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

That is the point.

Imagine the absolute horror if stuck on a luxury coach for two hours with nothing but comfortable seats, drinks, food, toilets and wifi galore. 

It seems quite attractive to me, TBH, but I'm not sure that it is the best preparation for athletes. If domestic flights were banned' it would be City that lost out, as we have longer journeys (by time) than most other clubs.

4 minutes ago, East Rider said:

That is the point.

I assume that teams are bound by check in times ie arrive 1 hour before take off etc, so coach still seems the best option.

9 minutes ago, East Rider said:

That is the point.

.....and doesn't have the odious odour of cabbage, questionable personal hygiene practices.....and sugar beet sandwiches.....

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

It seems quite attractive to me, TBH, but I'm not sure that it is the best preparation for athletes. If domestic flights were banned' it would be City that lost out, as we have longer journeys (by time) than most other clubs.

They should have been made to go by public transport until they won a game this season. Bonding and real world problems may have galvanised them a bit more.

Especially if they had to stand up on the train, all the way back from the smoke.

No win no seat policy.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Don’t worry, the vaccines will take care of that in about 10-20 years 😳🙀😉

1 hour ago, Haus said:

Richest 1 percent create more problems climate wise than the poorest 50 percent.  Things like unnecessary flights will make a difference.  

I had to look it up - I presume they didn't use a Helicopter?

image.thumb.png.7dc3f80ee9d288aac33a5a168db8e981.png