Sign in to follow this  
WSM

Basically no one knows who the next manager is

Don't be ridiculous. There are loads of people on here who KNOW who it is.

Unless of course....... they are fibbing 😱

5 minutes ago, WSM said:

Norwich City: Are Canaries at a crossroad over head coach? | The Pink Un

On Monday - the Pinkun seemed very confident it would be Knutsen.

Earlier today - they seemed confident it would be Frank Lampard.

This evening - they are tracking back and are non-committal

Basically - no one knows

Sort of.

On Monday they were reporting it had been narrowed down to two candidates but they didn't know which two... then they said there were three names in the hat in Lampard, Smith and Knutsen.

Then earlier today, they reported that Talksh!te said Lampard was to be our next manager. Then later in the afternoon they said that whilst discussions had been had with Lampard, Smith had also been spoken to whilst the club intended to approach Knutsen's club to speak to him.

What we have here is another "silly season" where you may as well throw all the unemployed managers names into a hat as well as some other managers in what are considered to be lower leagues wanting to prove their ability at a higher level.

Would be silly not to speak to Lampard and Smith, both are available, both have some success to their names as well as experience.

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

A typical NCFC fcuk up.

They've always said "an appointment by the back end of the week" - still think this will be the case

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Why? 

They could have their man for all we know, and it might not be be obvious. 

I imagine someone has been offered the job just got to have time to sort things out ,

if it is from another club got to sort out Compensation or Lampard wants to have a night to chat to his family loads of things could hold it up a day or two 

30 minutes ago, chicken said:

Sort of.

On Monday they were reporting it had been narrowed down to two candidates but they didn't know which two... then they said there were three names in the hat in Lampard, Smith and Knutsen.

Then earlier today, they reported that Talksh!te said Lampard was to be our next manager. Then later in the afternoon they said that whilst discussions had been had with Lampard, Smith had also been spoken to whilst the club intended to approach Knutsen's club to speak to him.

What we have here is another "silly season" where you may as well throw all the unemployed managers names into a hat as well as some other managers in what are considered to be lower leagues wanting to prove their ability at a higher level.

Would be silly not to speak to Lampard and Smith, both are available, both have some success to their names as well as experience.

Yeah, this. 

I think the media have been relatively consistent; it was announced on Monday that two names were on the shortlist and I'm guessing Smith's sudden availability and keenness made it three. Talks have taken place with both Lampard and Smith, but Knutsen is proving trickier.

Who knows, maybe someone has been offered the job, possibly accepted it even, or possibly we're just waiting to see what's happening with Knutsen.

I’m confident that Webber is way ahead of the lazy journalists (who seem to hang on any and every word from TalkSPORT). Personally I’d be happy with Knutsen, accepting of Smith but anti Lampard. It may be that SW pulls a total unknown out of the hat (a la Farke) and blindside all the bookies, not to mention all those “in the know”.

Or maybe the Smiths are selling the club. Farke had to go prior to the take over new owners announced soon then announce new man. Anythings possible. 

• Confused 1

Not going to plan?

We sack Farke hours after a win. Sitting in the away dressing room in London. Bit unusual but  makes sense with a new manager lined up and an international break . 

So far . So good 

Villa then sack their manager . 
Villa announce new manager before we do . 
We interview the Villa manager , who wasn’t even available when we sacked Farke . 

Starting to look all a bit Fred Karno’s to me . 

Expect a major spin on the story “XXXX was always our first choice” blah blah . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

I reckon this is Webber’s revenge on TalkSPORT for the negative coverage they’ve been giving us recently. Leak a fake story to them which they obviously will run with so their credibility takes a battering when we appoint someone other than Lampard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WSM said:

Norwich City: Are Canaries at a crossroad over head coach? | The Pink Un

On Monday - the Pinkun seemed very confident it would be Knutsen.

Earlier today - they seemed confident it would be Frank Lampard.

This evening - they are tracking back and are non-committal

Basically - no one knows

Just everybody relax

A lot of you must be horrendous on Christmas, searching for presents and getting up on 3am on Christmas Day lol

just wait, have a drink or something.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Just everybody relax

A lot of you must be horrendous on Christmas, searching for presents and getting up on 3am on Christmas Day lol

Or, let yourselves get excited everyone, life is short!

8 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

I reckon this is Webber’s revenge on TalkSPORT for the negative coverage they’ve been giving us recently. Leak a fake story to them which they obviously will run with so their credibility takes a battering when we appoint someone other than Lampard. 

I’d love this to be the case, no disrespect to Frank but it would just be hilarious to put one over those mugs

11 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Not going to plan?

We sack Farke hours after a win. Sitting in the away dressing room in London. Bit unusual but  makes sense with a new manager lined up and an international break . 

So far . So good 

Villa then sack their manager . 
Villa announce new manager before we do . 
We interview the Villa manager , who wasn’t even available when we sacked Farke . 

Starting to look all a bit Fred Karno’s to me . 

Expect a major spin on the story “XXXX was always our first choice” blah blah . 

Not a single word, as is always the case, has come from the club and the new manager / head coach will be announced officially by the club when its signed and sealed. So what you or anyone else has posted, what the media is spurting, all of it, circus or not, does not come from NCFC.

Until that time comes everything is just gossip, rumour and irellevance.

10 minutes ago, Jpootz said:

I love the idea of this 

10 minutes ago, Bournemouth Mafiosa said:

I’m confident that Webber is way ahead of the lazy journalists (who seem to hang on any and every word from TalkSPORT). Personally I’d be happy with Knutsen, accepting of Smith but anti Lampard. It may be that SW pulls a total unknown out of the hat (a la Farke) and blindside all the bookies, not to mention all those “in the know”.

I struggle to see why anyone would be accepting of Smith but anti-Lampard. For me, whilst they offer different things, I'm not sure if either really standout from one another. Smith did well with Brentford, I want to say he did well with Villa, but one cannot ignore the budget he had to do so, spending £100m on scraping survival and then appears to have gone to pot without Grealish and not be able to maximise what Buendia has to offer, and again, spending a lot of money last summer.

Lampard did well with what was an aging Derby team, to get them to the play off final and missed out on promotion. They had spent relatively well, but it certainly wasn't easy for him. He then took the helm at Chelsea at a relatively volatile time. His sacking was a bit odd, though some reports at the time suggested it was issues with the senior players, who he had dropped in favour of younger players. Rudiger, for example, wasn't in the picture. Despite that, he was heading for a top 6 finish and had them finish top of their Champions League group.

Is Smith really any less of a risk? 

9 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Just everybody relax

😂😂