Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

Straw poll

The chosen 3  

140 members have voted

  1. 1. If you had to choose right now

    • Lampard
      45
    • Smith
      14
    • Knutsen
      79


Recommended Posts

Just now, mastoola said:

None of the above

Think this is more a out of these 3 only poll, not necessarily who's your 1st choice which I'm presuming in Favre for pretty much everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Think this is more a out of these 3 only poll, not necessarily who's your 1st choice which I'm presuming in Favre for pretty much everyone 

Then why exclude Favre from the options Ken????

Surely if a large proportion of the supporters on this board would prefer an option who's been deliberately omitted from the poll, then the results are not only somewhat meaningless, it also fails to convey a message to our club who the small minority of supporters who use this board would like to see them appoint?

Chances are that the club pay little to no attention to debates on a forum, but on the off chance that someone does, why wouldn't we want to accurately show a preferred candidate?

I'd argue that this poll should be scrapped, make a new one including Favre and a few of the other options listed by the bookies, and let the fans vote accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Then why exclude Favre from the options Ken????

Surely if a large proportion of the supporters on this board would prefer an option who's been deliberately omitted from the poll, then the results are not only somewhat meaningless, it also fails to convey a message to our club who the small minority of supporters who use this board would like to see them appoint?

Chances are that the club pay little to no attention to debates on a forum, but on the off chance that someone does, why wouldn't we want to accurately show a preferred candidate?

I'd argue that this poll should be scrapped, make a new one including Favre and a few of the other options listed by the bookies, and let the fans vote accordingly.

Don't ask me, its not my poll 😜. I would suggest the 3 chosen have been so as realistically it's one of them, and no other suggestions have polarised opinions quite so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be honest, none of the three options strike me as amazing and none of them are ones I'd want to avoid. It's very much a toss-up for me; they're three wildly varying candidates in terms of background and each have their own pros and cons which more or less cancel each other out.

Job-share for all three then? 😉

Seriously though, I’m the same. Happy to leave this to Webber et al. and pray he can pull a rabbit out of the hat as he did with DF in the Championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

To be honest, none of the three options strike me as amazing and none of them are ones I'd want to avoid. It's very much a toss-up for me; they're three wildly varying candidates in terms of background and each have their own pros and cons which more or less cancel each other out.

I kind of agree, I personally think Lampard is the best of the three options, his appointment would not be jaw dropping or particularly add to Webber’s cache.  Just a bit meuw……….  Not sure you need to employ a well paid football director to choose the best of the easily available candidates for a job.

Edited by Newtopia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get the Knutson love in, can someone explain it to me?

Norwegion League is really poor. The guys done amazing work to win it and had some great individual results against newsworthy opposition. But he’d be an absolutely massive gamble considering his age and never having managed any higher. His previous years of coaching seem hit and miss. 

It’s also not clear to me how much is down to him and how much is down to the partnership between him and the former manager who is now the director. You only get one and sometime solo acts don’t do as well.

People are complaining about Frank’s experience. At least he’s managed at this level.

If we were rebuilding in the Championship I’d understand, I’d think he’d potentially be a massive coup at that level and worth the gamble, but we aren’t, yet. 

We need someone to come in and give an immediate lift and win some games. Complain about the standard of those on the list fine, but  for me Lampards the name on that list most likely to do that. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't think Smith and Lampard are an improvement on Farke. Knutsen don't know too much about but I like the fact that he appears to have instilled a culture and way of playing that has been successful in Europe. That suggests to me that he would be a better fit for Norwich and a development on the culture that Farke had instilled in the Club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Is there a we want Farke back option 

Hey what's happened to you, you're like a cat chasing its own tail. We were never going to get Jurgen Klopp you know that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I don’t get the Knutson love in, can someone explain it to me?

Norwegion League is really poor. The guys done amazing work to win it and had some great individual results against newsworthy opposition. But he’d be an absolutely massive gamble considering his age

Didn't Farke come from the FOURTH TIER of German football? So wouldn't worry about the standard of the Norweigen league. 

Besides, Graham Potter cut his teeth over there and is doing a decent job at Brighton.

I do want Lampard, but wouldn't be gutted if it were Knutsen. Don't fancy Smith at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Didn't Farke come from the FOURTH TIER of German football? So wouldn't worry about the standard of the Norweigen league. 

Besides, Graham Potter cut his teeth over there and is doing a decent job at Brighton.

I do want Lampard, but wouldn't be gutted if it were Knutsen. Don't fancy Smith at all.

He did, and his first season was, let’s face it, fairly meh. He needed time. 

That’s my point, maybe Knutson would be a great choice but I’m not convinced where the evidence is he’s going to hit the ground running like we need him to.

I wouldn’t be gutted though either, far from it, whoever gets chosen is the clubs choice who they think is best for the job. 

Im just curious why so many on here think he’s the right person right now.
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So far 17 votes for Lampard and 17 for Lampard, 0 for Smith!

Isn’t it rather unfair that he’s on there twice!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...