Uncle Fred

Lakey was right all along

I never thought I would say this but getting rid of Farke and replacing with FL is a massive mistake

we all need to apologise to Lakey he was 100 percent bang onĀ 

Let's reserve judgement until we next fall behind in a game. Then I suggest we all collectively wet our pants simultaneously, run onto the pitch and throw our season tickets at Frampard before coming back to this thread to live out our days mumbling to each other about the 'glory days' under Farke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's not prejudge it. Paul Lambert was awesome at Norwich and hopeless everywhere else. Maybe that means that Lampard could come to Norwich having been a bit meh everywhere else and be totally out of this world for us? Who knows.Ā 

1 minute ago, Uncle Fred said:

When they wheel you off to the beach in that minibus,Ā do you yell how crap the sea is when you're halfway across the Acle straight?

Driver: "You've not seen it yet, Fred"

Fred: "Lakey told me!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lakey is never right ffs. It's the first thing you learn when you sign up to this site.Ā 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 6

Rubbish.

Farke failed this season, he had to go.

Lampard gets his shot, if he doesn't impress he can go too.

About time we had a decisive sporting director shielding us from Delia's blind naivety and loyalty.

There is no room for sentiment in such an unforgiving and ruthless industry, there is plenty of room for fond memories, some of you lot are reacting to Farke's sacking like their favourite character being written out of Eastenders.Ā 

This is football, Farke had a good run, time moves on.

As for the pathetic whingers over analysing Lampards managerial CV, they ought to look into the miserable failure of Arsene Wenger's first job (and relegation) at Nancy. Or Conte who was sacked 9 games into his first job.

Or Benetiz who was sacked 23 games into his first job after 2 wins.

Or Mourinho who lasted 2 months in his first job.

Farke had his learning year in English football, finished 14th. An imperfect CV only tells me that Lampard has got some of his mistakes out of the way at other clubs, just like Nigel Worthington did at Blackpool.

There are pros and cons to Lampard, he's shown potential and has a good record with youth. Fully deserving of his shot at the job, and if it doesn't work out then life and football goes on.Ā 

GP surgeries in Norfolk will be overwhelming local pharmacies with prozac prescriptions judging by the pantwetting on here.

Welcome Frank and OTBC!Ā 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Pretty pointless having a BOD if they are just going to agree to everything Webber wants to do.

He runs this club from top to bottom and they won't dare sack him as that will be the end of the model and the project. There's certainly no one on the current BODĀ  who could oversee recruiting a new DoF.

Ā 

Just now, Uncle Fred said:

This is me supporting Lakey I never ever agree with LakeyĀ 

You were right all the times you disagreed with him, this time you are wrong.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

No it's not, it's about determining how you can garner the most attention with the fewest words.Ā  What you've written has no logic attached to it as he's not even formally signed yet, let alone seen us play under him to even make a judgement that forms the basis of an apology.

You're lucky we play this little game, or you'd be sat like a monkey at Banham wondering what his foreskin is for.

Edited by Google Bot

13 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

I never thought I would say this but getting rid of Farke and replacing with FL is a massive mistake

He will only be correct if we show no improvement and/or get relegated. I will wait until the end of the season to see if an apology is in order, LDC would prefer that to posters deciding the outcome of the season with 27 games to go........

You can't agree with Lakey, it is impossible. Lakey has this need to just take a different view from everybody else, so once you try to agree with him, he'll just argue the contrary. That's what makes himĀ such a "treasure" here.

• Haha 1

Quite a quandary for Lakey. Unrelenting delusion to the current manager in place or backward looking ā€œI told you soā€™sā€ re: FarkeĀ 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Rubbish.

Farke failed this season, he had to go.

Lampard gets his shot, if he doesn't impress he can go too.

About time we had a decisive sporting director shielding us from Delia's blind naivety and loyalty.

There is no room for sentiment in such an unforgiving and ruthless industry, there is plenty of room for fond memories, some of you lot are reacting to Farke's sacking like their favourite character being written out of Eastenders.Ā 

This is football, Farke had a good run, time moves on.

As for the pathetic whingers over analysing Lampards managerial CV, they ought to look into the miserable failure of Arsene Wenger's first job (and relegation) at Nancy. Or Conte who was sacked 9 games into his first job.

Or Benetiz who was sacked 23 games into his first job after 2 wins.

Or Mourinho who lasted 2 months in his first job.

Farke had his learning year in English football, finished 14th. An imperfect CV only tells me that Lampard has got some of his mistakes out of the way at other clubs, just like Nigel Worthington did at Blackpool.

There are pros and cons to Lampard, he's shown potential and has a good record with youth. Fully deserving of his shot at the job, and if it doesn't work out then life and football goes on.Ā 

GP surgeries in Norfolk will be overwhelming local pharmacies with prozac prescriptions judging by the pantwetting on here.

Welcome Frank and OTBC!Ā 

Well said, I'm beginning to think NCFC fans just want to moan about everything. Why are so many on here writing him off before he's even started. We are 20th in the Premier league,Ā 2 wins adrift playing terrible football andĀ ridiculed nationally. FL is a big name thatĀ has achieved more in football than anyone associated with NCFC ever and he believesĀ in us more than you do. I wish him all the best of luck if he joins us

Edited by Mullet
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Why are you calling him Lakey for like some wet spaniel?Ā 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Good to know, any more useful knowledge you can share from the future?

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Pretty pointless having a BOD if they are just going to agree to everything Webber wants to do.

He runs this club from top to bottom and they won't dare sack him as that will be the end of the model and the project. There's certainly no one on the current BODĀ  who could oversee recruiting a new DoF.

Ā 

It's the end of the model anyway if we're recruiting a media darling just to maintain Webber's reputation as a guy who pulls rabbits out of hats. A year from now, we're midtable Championship and the 'project' is well and truly over.

• Sad 1

There's overmuch nitpickery about past, and sometimes recent, managerial achievements, when we all know just how fine those marginsĀ are.

Sargent's glaring miss, Cantwell's disallowed goal and Kabak's carelessnessĀ  didn't do Farke's recent record much good.

So Lampard failed to get Derby County promoted from the Championship in his only full season there. He actually lost 2-1 to Villa in the Wembley play-off final. Narrow margin.

The lengthiest cvĀ involves Dean Smith, yet his very most recent record in the Premier League is worse than Farke's, and he had Ā£100m worth of new signings at his disposal.Ā  Smith's record without Grealish < Farke's record without Buendia. Yet, Smith remains generally highly regarded within the game, and rightly so.

The fact that these candidates are in the frame is the main thing. There are good shouts for both, imo.

It's why clubsĀ hold in-depth interviews. There is much more to a manager's credentials than his recent record of successes or otherwise. They all get sacked eventually in any case.

Smith is reported to have greatly impressed when interviewed. This may go a long way.

The board needs to find the right fit at the right time.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Why do you support us Freddo? It seems to bring you no joy whatsoever.Ā 

# Be Kind .....................he's never been so depressed a 'canary fan'.........apparentlyĀ šŸ˜”

2 hours ago, Mullet said:

Ā FL is a big name thatĀ has achieved more in football than anyone associated with NCFC everĀ 

Errmm, World Cup Winner Martin Peters?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mullet said:

Well said, I'm beginning to think NCFC fans just want to moan about everything. Why are so many on here writing him off before he's even started. We are 20th in the Premier league,Ā 2 wins adrift playing terrible football andĀ ridiculed nationally. FL is a big name thatĀ has achieved more in football than anyone associated with NCFC ever and he believesĀ in us more than you do. I wish him all the best of luck if he joins us

I agree that Norwich fans and this forum in particular loves a good moan. However its pretty understandable that there has been a lot of moaning with all the losing we have been doing. Personally I'm a big Farke supporter and tried to hold myself from moaning too much. But now this great manager is gone I will allow myself a little moan about lampard.

I just dont think he is a top level manager at all. Just because FL was one of the greatest English players in this millenia doesn't mean he will be a good manager. I mean look at Pirlo at Juventus. He was no doubt a genius on the pitch but that didn't make him a good manager at all. More or less same with Ole.Ā 

Remember how he failed at ChelseaĀ https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jan/04/frank-lampard-beware-no-chelsea-manager-has-ever-survived-worse

I will be happy to be surprised by Lampard, but I doubt I will be

24 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I agree that Norwich fans and this forum in particular loves a good moan. However its pretty understandable that there has been a lot of moaning with all the losing we have been doing. Personally I'm a big Farke supporter and tried to hold myself from moaning too much. But now this great manager is gone I will allow myself a little moan about lampard.

I just dont think he is a top level manager at all. Just because FL was one of the greatest English players in this millenia doesn't mean he will be a good manager. I mean look at Pirlo at Juventus. He was no doubt a genius on the pitch but that didn't make him a good manager at all. More or less same with Ole.Ā 

Remember how he failed at ChelseaĀ https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2021/jan/04/frank-lampard-beware-no-chelsea-manager-has-ever-survived-worse

I will be happy to be surprised by Lampard, but I doubt I will be

Any new manager is a gamble, Ole and Moyes wereĀ a gamble for Man U and many say they wereĀ a failure. Look at Moyes now. Jose Morinho one of the best managers in the world has failed at certain clubs. The list is endless. There are no guarantees whoever we get so I don't get the negativity around FL based on him not being a total successĀ at one the most demanding and ruthless clubs in the world. The new man could be massive success and climb us to 17th or a massive failure or anywhere in between. All we know is we were heading into the abyss a week ago and now we have hopeĀ 

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

A week ago I was saying I'm going to agree with everything you say from now on, but already I can't agree with you on this.

If FL is the man, who knows what he can achieve. His one objective willĀ be getting a tune out of our tone deaf players and getting us a 17th place finish. If he doesn't do that he is no worse than DF.

I think the board should appoint that Villa chap, then ask them if we can borrow Emi backā€¦.

4 hours ago, Mullet said:

Any new manager is a gamble, Ole and Moyes wereĀ a gamble for Man U and many say they wereĀ a failure. Look at Moyes now. Jose Morinho one of the best managers in the world has failed at certain clubs. The list is endless. There are no guarantees whoever we get so I don't get the negativity around FL based on him not being a total successĀ at one the most demanding and ruthless clubs in the world. The new man could be massive success and climb us to 17th or a massive failure or anywhere in between. All we know is we were heading into the abyss a week ago and now we have hopeĀ 

I simply think we have hired a manager who is not tactically astute

9 hours ago, Google Bot said:

No it's not, it's about determining how you can garner the most attention with the fewest words.Ā  What you've written has no logic attached to it as he's not even formally signed yet, let alone seen us play under him to even make a judgement that forms the basis of an apology.

You're lucky we play this little game, or you'd be sat like a monkey at Banham wondering what his foreskin is for.

Checking my webcam isn't on......