Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

The Happy Clappers are Whingeing

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

And the naysayers are optimistic.

Is this a sign of a forthcoming apocalypse or something to do with late stage capitalism?

Nope, normal service will resume quite quickly. As soon as things get difficult the naysayers will revert to their flip flop personalities and start moaning and groaning - and the rest of us will be trying to support.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Could be a reversal of roles.

Whoever was appointed was never going to result in a united Pinkun.

That's for sure😌

Really?

How long have naysayers been a thing on here?

If it is Lampard it would suggest he has a different view of our squad to that of the pantwetters. Interesting times...

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Nope, normal service will resume quite quickly. As soon as things get difficult the naysayers will revert to their flip flop personalities and start moaning and groaning - and the rest of us will be trying to support.

I'm quite amused at the positioning of some Farkeoffers ready to blame Webber if it goes wrong. 😆

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm quite amused at the positioning of some Farkeoffers ready to blame Webber if it goes wrong. 😆

It appears to be the Farke loyalists who are turning on Webber this week.....

It’s amazing how many have been moaning about lack of big money investors for years and suddenly it appears the club are going to appoint a high profile manager who is more likely to make that happen and then they moan we are only appointing him because of his name, despite the fact Chelsea were happy to appoint him. 

if FL is successful here I bet there will be a queue of wealthy people hoping to grab a slice of it to boost their own ego. 

I was an enthusiastic Farke supporter and I am whinging about Lampard. I got excited by Knudsen, woulda fit the Webber mould. I mean Lampard was chronically unable to organize a defence at Chelsea, how will he be able to organize one at Norwich? Maybe he will be able to have us park the bus and counter?

Lampard's tenure as Chelsea manager is chronically overrated by Chelsea fans due to his history at the club. I dont think Lampard will last to the end of the season. Im sorry to say. Short term we might get a good new manager bounce tho. I mean he is a legend of the English game and he will surely motivate everyone. Perhaps if he has found some new assistant who can handle the tactical side of it?

I hope he will surprise me!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Specsavers St.Stephens Branch:  01603 666494

I think you need to identify the Happy Clappers from the wind up merchants.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Is this a sign of a forthcoming apocalypse or something to do with late stage capitalism?

Some of the reactions have been a tad eyebrow raising with a few sounding like the actually supported Daniel Farke more than Norwich City.

As I’ve always said I’d rather be a happy clapper than a nappy crapper (or naysayer as the NC’s have called themselves) 

I’m neither I’m a Norwich fan 

I am a Farke-ite and will admit that I am disappointed he has gone.  However, the fact is that he has gone and now, after a period of getting used to that fact, it is time to move on.  Considering the names put forward by 'the media' and fans Lampard does seem like the best bet for me.  I was nudging towards Knutsen but as that now seems dead and buried I hope that Lampard delivers the goods.  What he did at Derby and Chelsea is basically irrelevant because the task he faces at Carrow Road is very different.  Neither Derby or Chelsea were struggling when he took over.  Norwich City are deep in the brown stuff and I hope like heck he has the ability to shake things up and get the team going.  He likes fast attackers so maybe will see more of Rashica and Tzolis taking some of the pressure off Pukki and Sargent and creating chances to score.  Normann looks a fixture and I expect Gilmour and Cantwell will reappear.  The defence has improved so with a bit of tinkering he may be able to improve it some more.  Whatever the outcome of this week's shenanigans let's get behind our team, Norwich City/The Canaries, and support whoever gets the job.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Assuming it is Frankie and in view of your thread the other day will you be switching sides to join the moaners and groaners ?

I'm not sure why everyone got so excited by Knutsen, no sod had heard of him 3 weeks ago apart from our Norwegian fan, he's 52 years old and only managed in Scandinavia, his side plays exactly like Farke's looking at YouTube footage. 

I think everyone got carried away with the romance of it. 

55 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

I was an enthusiastic Farke supporter and I am whinging about Lampard. I got excited by Knudsen, woulda fit the Webber mould. I mean Lampard was chronically unable to organize a defence at Chelsea, how will he be able to organize one at Norwich? Maybe he will be able to have us park the bus and counter?

Lampard's tenure as Chelsea manager is chronically overrated by Chelsea fans due to his history at the club. I dont think Lampard will last to the end of the season. Im sorry to say. Short term we might get a good new manager bounce tho. I mean he is a legend of the English game and he will surely motivate everyone. Perhaps if he has found some new assistant who can handle the tactical side of it?

I hope he will surprise me!

Much as the recently departed God couldn't either you mean! The only time in Farke's 4.5 year reign when we looked decent at the back was last season due largely to the work of Skipp in protecting the defence and tracking runners. In 2018/19 we leaked loads of soft goals yet this was ignored by Farke apologists as we simply outscored the opposition. Farke's 'goals against' column in the PL is truly shocking. I have far more confidence FL can improve on that than I would have confidence in Farke addressing the problem!  

11 minutes ago, Numan said:

I am a Farke-ite and will admit that I am disappointed he has gone.  However, the fact is that he has gone and now, after a period of getting used to that fact, it is time to move on.  Considering the names put forward by 'the media' and fans Lampard does seem like the best bet for me.  I was nudging towards Knutsen but as that now seems dead and buried I hope that Lampard delivers the goods.  What he did at Derby and Chelsea is basically irrelevant because the task he faces at Carrow Road is very different.  Neither Derby or Chelsea were struggling when he took over.  Norwich City are deep in the brown stuff and I hope like heck he has the ability to shake things up and get the team going.  He likes fast attackers so maybe will see more of Rashica and Tzolis taking some of the pressure off Pukki and Sargent and creating chances to score.  Normann looks a fixture and I expect Gilmour and Cantwell will reappear.  The defence has improved so with a bit of tinkering he may be able to improve it some more.  Whatever the outcome of this week's shenanigans let's get behind our team, Norwich City/The Canaries, and support whoever gets the job.

This is an excellent post and all the anti Lampard whingers should sit up, read and acknowledge the truth of what you say.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not sure why everyone got so excited by Knutsen, no sod had heard of him 3 weeks ago apart from our Norwegian fan, he's 52 years old and only managed in Scandinavia, his side plays exactly like Farke's looking at YouTube footage. 

I knew about Knutsen a while back because I caught some Euro football programme  when I was staying with a mate.  The pundits and commentators were raving about him and the highlights of matches made me take notice.  The 6-1 thrashing of Roma and the 2-2 return tie draw I watched in full and Bodo/Glimt were awesome.  Maybe Knutsen wouldn't be the right man for a relegation fight but you never know.

So if a manager whose previous jobs involved starting with sides that weren't struggling, and he ultimately doesn't improve their position comes to a team deep in a relegation battle, what makes people think he's going to be any good at it?

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm just delighted it's not Dean Smith 👍

If SKY BBC and bookmakers are to be believed, he is suddenly in the running. Sure we will find out around 9 am tomorrow

1 minute ago, Well b back said:

If SKY BBC and bookmakers are to be believed, he is suddenly in the running. Sure we will find out around 9 am tomorrow

Sky just trying to get idiots to waste their money on Sky Bet, seems it's working 

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Guardians football weekly podcast sometimes lifted up the achievments of Bodö/glimt. It was one  of the big stories in the smaller European leagues how high they rose. The average Premier league watcherr hadnt heard of Bodö/Glimt sure, but just because you havent heard of a team or a coach doesn't mean tehy arent well regarded by people in the know.

7 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Much as the recently departed God couldn't either you mean! The only time in Farke's 4.5 year reign when we looked decent at the back was last season due largely to the work of Skipp in protecting the defence and tracking runners. In 2018/19 we leaked loads of soft goals yet this was ignored by Farke apologists as we simply outscored the opposition. Farke's 'goals against' column in the PL is truly shocking. I have far more confidence FL can improve on that than I would have confidence in Farke addressing the problem!  

Lampard's PL stats - managed 57, won 28, drawn 11, lost 18, scored 102, conceded 77. Achieved 1.67 points per game. 77/57 = 1.35 goals against per game. This season Chelsea have conceded 4 in 11. Huge difference.

As for his Derby side, they conceded three fewer goals than Norwich did in that season, and we were never great at the back in that one.

Unless he's radically learned, that confidence looks very misguided.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shruk4 said:

Guardians football weekly podcast sometimes lifted up the achievments of Bodö/glimt. It was one  of the big stories in the smaller European leagues how high they rose. The average Premier league watcherr hadnt heard of Bodö/Glimt sure, but just because you havent heard of a team or a coach doesn't mean tehy arent well regarded by people in the know.

I never said he wouldn't be any good all I'm saying is everyone on here suddenly turned into Scandinavian football experts. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Anyone who watched Norwich 18/19 knows we were defensively weak that season. I dont deny that Farke inherently wasn't good at instilling defensive stability in his players. I think last season we were so superior that it doesnt say much about our defence. Skipp, hanley, Gibson, Aarons were all brilliant. Really too good for the championship.

But Lampard had a leaky midfield. It was too easy to get past Chelsea's midfield, they were too open, despite having kante in there. I dont see any indication that Lampard would be better than Farke at organizing a defense. But this season we have been so catastrophic that it is very possible that Frank and his system will be an improvement.

I think our squad is pretty decent. With Frank we will get a good motivator and a middling tactician. We will see if the issues we had were with the squad or with Farke. 

My problem with Lampard is that I dont think he has shown any indication that his ceiling is especially high. For me, I would have had more trust in Farke getting us to stay up than Lampard, because of the win against Brentford.

The view online about lampard is often shaped by Chelsea fans, but ask Derby fans and they will not talk about him with much enthusiasm

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So which are you?

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I never said he wouldn't be any good all I'm saying is everyone on here suddenly turned into Scandinavian football experts. 

haha yeah fair, I was excited about him especially since I fancy myself a scandinavian football expert

Would have been fun with another, (presumably much sharper than the other one), Norwegian in the premier league

• Like 1