Sign in to follow this  
Satriales

Frank Lampard's Norwich City vs Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh god, the medias going to be unbearable

Henry Winter of the Times has already gone with it...

"Ignore the noise" lol

To be fair to Gerrard, I've felt he's always just got his head down and done the job for Rangers, Lampy does seem a bit more press happy though 

TBF @AJ Gerrard has never demonstrated a broad amount of knowledge, indeed is often tongue tied in front of the camera - also a scouse accent in Scotland was never going to be particularly accessible to the TV viewer.  Whereas Frank has grown up with his dad as a guide to appearing in front of the media, married a media personality, therefore has become extremely comfortable in front of the media. I would hate it if this makes Gerrard the underdog .......

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

TBF @AJ Gerrard has never demonstrated a broad amount of knowledge, indeed is often tongue tied in front of the camera - also a scouse accent in Scotland was never going to be particularly accessible to the TV viewer.  Whereas Frank has grown up with his dad as a guide to appearing in front of the media, married a media personality, therefore has become extremely comfortable in front of the media. I would hate it if this makes Gerrard the underdog .......

Gerrard handled the Glen Kamara racist abuse incredibly well. Stood up for his player and talked intelligently about racism. Gerrard has always come off as intelligent to me. I'm not sure, but as you mention perhaps his Scouse accent could be impacting your judgement of him?