Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Billy Gilmour walking into the dressing room next week..

Hopefully the new manager. Lampard or otherwise will give everyone a chance to show what they can do. 

The entire team should take the field for the next game with that walk. Southampton won't know what's hit them!

5 minutes ago, The Raptor said:

The entire team should take the field for the next game with that walk. Southampton won't know what's hit them!

Especially when the officials come out doing it too.  😉

And there's the rub. People now "expecting" certain players to be in the team. I dare say Gilmour and Cantwell are wetting themselves at the prospect too, but I hope Lampard has more depth in him than to pander to those that have been left out of the team recently under Farke. There was a good reason for that and although it should be a blank canvas for all the players from now, they should only be in the team on merit, not just because of a trendy name in charge who will massage their egos.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And there's the rub. People now "expecting" certain players to be in the team. I dare say Gilmour and Cantwell are wetting themselves at the prospect too, but I hope Lampard has more depth in him than to pander to those that have been left out of the team recently under Farke. There was a good reason for that and although it should be a blank canvas for all the players from now, they should only be in the team on merit, not just because of a trendy name in charge who will massage their egos.

I just hope that Lampard picks a winning team. Pandering or no pandering… I don’t care … because I want 3 points!

I don't understand the clamour for Gilmour.  He is a very good player but he didn't actually create much when he did play.  Lots of scurrying about etc but little in the way of positivity.  I think that's why he didn't get in the team.  Also the fact that Normann has been outstanding didn't help his cause.  Having said that, he would possibly have been a better bet than McLean and Dowell.

It's all about whether Farke was utilising the squad in the best way possible. The conclusion of many on here, and Webber, is that he wasn't.

I don't mind who he picks or who he upsets, as long as we win some bloody football matches.

9 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

In all honesty I think DF had lost the plot. He was struggling  . The only sure fired one was Kenny. And Kenny was looking lost. I think he was looking round hoping that he could pass the Ball to Billy G. And for DF to go on about the guy being a baller . Hard trainer. If you like football. And the rest. FFS man . The bus driver could do better.