Sign in to follow this  
Google Bot

Scrimmage Tonight

Just a reminder at 6pm, could be a good listen as events are unfolding. 

(If you don't hate radio norfolk or the bbc of course - you know your names!).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Not bothering to listen just in case Jack or Chris Reeve are on.

Start is a little triggering as Butler is falling over himself with the thought of Lampard 'being' in Norfolk, let alone being our coach lol.

But the Jarvis section is interesting, he talks about how Farke would be ruthless in his views, and you knew if you had crossed him.  i.e. how he would shut the door on players, but 'certain' players could get back in whereas others not.

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

But the Jarvis section is interesting, he talks about how Farke would be ruthless in his views, and you knew if you had crossed him.  i.e. how he would shut the door on players, but 'certain' players could get back in whereas others not.

That's something I raised previously. Players like Drmic, Trybull and Leitner. Then Cantwell. What happened with Sorensen?  Maybe things got pushed a little too far.

3 minutes ago, RobJames said:

That's something I raised previously. Players like Drmic, Trybull and Leitner. Then Cantwell. What happened with Sorensen?  Maybe things got pushed a little too far.

That is something that intrigued me before with some of the other coaches and managers we were linked to. Officially Drmic is only on loan, as is Soto and Famewo, who have agreed prices should we wish to sell come the summer.

We were linked with Lucien Favre at one point, who is Swiss. It did make me wonder if he were to come in, whether Drmic could still have a future. Unlikely no doubt.

I'll ignore some for obvious reasons like those who are young and on loan to get experience. However, Sinani, Drmic, Hernandez, Hugill, McCullum, Famewo, Soto may all have a lifeline under a new head coach. Some more unlikely than others no doubt. 

11 hours ago, chicken said:

We were linked with Lucien Favre at one point, who is Swiss. It did make me wonder if he were to come in, whether Drmic could still have a future. Unlikely no doubt.

On a similar vein, Knutsen apparently can turn very cold against players if he feels you're not up to the job.  He would for sure have some isolating moments.

11 hours ago, RobJames said:

From another perspective.

Imagine your Webber or one of the owners.

Cantwell is/was worth 20m +£ and then suddenly frozen out.

That approach to man management could get costly pretty quickly especially when loosing games.

Edited by Fromage Frais