Sjb

It's Lampard!

Oi!

The Lampard Walk....

A Lampard that you've never seen,
The guy ain't blue, he's yellow and green.
He hasn't got the Tuchel touch,
But well that don't matter very much.

We'll play the Lampard way,
Not like you but with a constant foray 
And when we have an unbeaten run
Oh, Boy.

Anytime playing Lampard's way
Any evening, any day,
You'll find us all doin' the Lampard walk. Oi!

Every Norwich City fan,
Will go along with Lampard's plan.
You'll find us all doin' the Lampard walk. Oi!

Winning free and easy,
We score when we darn well pleasey,
Why don't you make your way there,
Sing there, cheer there.

Once you get down Carrow Road Way,
Any evening, any day,
You'll find yourself doin' the Lampard  walk. Oi!

Anytime you're Carrow Road way
Any evening, any day,
You'll find us all doin' the Lampard walk. Oi!

Every Norwich City fan.
Will go along with Lampard's  plan,
You'll find us all doin' the Lampard walk. Oi!

Winning free and easy,
We score when we darn well pleasey,
When we make our way there,
We sing there, cheer there,

When we're playing Lampard's way,
Any evening, any day,
You'll find yourself doin' the Lampard walk. Oi!

Anytime playing Lampard's way
Any evening, any day,
You'll find us all doin' the Lampard  walk. Oi!

Every Norwich City fan,
Will go along with Lampard's plan.
You'll find us all doin' the Lampard walk. Oi!

Winning free and easy,
We score when we darn well pleasey,
When we make our way there,
We sing there, cheer there,
Once you get down Carrow Road way,
Any evening, any day,
You'll find yourself
Doin' the Lampard
Doin' the Lampard
Doin' the Lampard walk! Oi!

Cor Blimey Courtesy of Mockerney Mello....The Pink 'Un Pearly Necklace King......
An fur those Purple wiv rage?.....Har har har.....
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

It would have been surprising a few months ago, but it's quite clear that Webber has fallen off the rails big time. It's a lot to deal with at his relative young age and it's not that surprising that he started to believe his own hype. Sadly it's affected his ability in his job role, look at the scattergun approach to recruitment and his now twice massive failings in filling obvious squad gaps (CB last time we were promoted CDM this time). He has gone from "we won't be signing relegated players, they're damaged goods" to packing out our squad with relegated players this time around.

His head has gone. And this is the appointment of a man whose head has gone.

B*llocks, its just the type of feel good appointment we need. Wait until you hear Lampard speaking in a Norwich tracksuit and you'll all start changing your tune. 

Fed up with a manager who can only manage youngsters and nobodies because he can't handle a few egos, its the reason we don't do pragmatic things like sign a bit of experience when we go up.

Brilliant appointment, welcome Frank Lampard. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I few him as the most likely candidate to get a quick reaction in the short term, but in the long term I really have no idea how this works out. Anyway, the moment I see him with the scarf or shirt he's a yellow and I'll back him like any other Norwich player or manger. 

We really have to put our personal feelings about him aside and back the club now, get it rocking against Southampton and get Frank a win, then who knows what could happen.

• Like 1

If  this is definitely on (Sorry, still hesitant)..

We had a man trying to prove his philosophies at a club that was trying to prove it's top tier worth.

We've now got a man trying to prove his top tier worth in a club wanting the same.

• Like 1

It may galvanize the players in the short term, which might be what we need to raise confidence. I will wait to see what happens really.

Ps. apologies bot. Im clearly not in a good mood

1 minute ago, birchfest said:

I few him as the most likely candidate to get a quick reaction in the short term, but in the long term I really have no idea how this works out.

If he does well then he becomes England manager in a few years. 

If he fails we get another manager.

Simple. 

Just now, Google Bot said:

At least it can only get better for you.  I'm on a high and my bubble could be dreadfully burst in the coming weeks!

Not really, he's pretty much guaranteed to keep the job for almost a year. We're consigned to relegation now, I suspect as long as we exceed Farke's previous 21 points then he'll stay in the job for at least the start of the Championship season. And then with our board's reluctance to fire and Webber's stubborn arrogance, I doubt they'll fire him until November with us languishing mid-table in the Championship. I just hope Ipswich are still a league below us at that point.

I go the games with my old man and father-in-law and they'd be pretty p*ssed off if I stopped going. That's the only thing keeping me going. Big decision to make in the new year when the renewals drop. I don't really care about league position or what division we're in, I just want to support a club I can be proud of. I can't be proud of a team with Lampard in charge and a bloke above him who has totally lost the plot.

Just now, Monty13 said:

You are going to need to expand on that.

His record is extremely patchy and there are much better choices out there. Whether we couldn't get any of them I don't know. But if this fails Webber will be in trouble. It seems like a going for a name rather than being bold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

B*llocks, its just the type of feel good appointment we need. Wait until you hear Lampard speaking in a Norwich tracksuit and you'll all start changing your tune. 

Fed up with a manager who can only manage youngsters and nobodies because he can't handle a few egos, its the reason we don't do pragmatic things like sign a bit of experience when we go up.

Brilliant appointment, welcome Frank Lampard. 

Is he the biggest 'name' appointment we've ever made? Bruce Rioch was ex Arsenal but Lampard is a whole other level. 

I think I'd have rather we let Farke have another game or two to see if the Brentford result was the start of a genuine change (probably not but it would've been good to know), I assumed the reason we had sacked him was because we had someone become available who might not be in another week or two. Lampard clearly was going to be continue to be available! 

That said, I did like Lampard under Chelsea - just not sure he is anywhere near as diligent or detailed in his coaching as Farke would've been - although that diligence only transposed to competent premier league performances a handful of times. 

Will get right behind him but its all a bit 'meh' for me. Smacks a little of desperation from Webber IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I can't be proud of a team with Lampard in charge

I get not being excited about the appointment, but did he kill your nan or something?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

His record is extremely patchy and there are much better choices out there. Whether we couldn't get any of them I don't know. But if this fails Webber will be in trouble. It seems like a going for a name rather than being bold.

^this

• Like 1

Just now, king canary said:

Is he the biggest 'name' appointment we've ever made? Bruce Rioch was ex Arsenal but Lampard is a whole other level. 

Probably. If it's true and it happens then some on here need to also re-assess their firmly held view that Delia and Michael wouldn't ever employ a manager who would "stand up to them" - I never really knew what they were referring too but seen it mentioned on here in the past week quite a bit. Certainly, Lampard strikes me as someone who would protect his own reputation above anyone elses.

5 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I'm underwhelmed and unconvinced it's the right appointment, if true, but I will see how it goes.

Personally,  losing 5-0 to the scum or getting relegated to L1 were much more depressing for me as a City fan.  But each to their own.

Realistically in the immediate aftermath, those individual moments were infuriating and depressing, but then you wake up the next morning and look ahead to the next game or the next season. I personally was really excited about being in League One, it was a brand new experience supporting the club and one I'm delighted to have gone through. I'm not in the least bit excited about supporting Norwich now.

2 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Webber is a very shrewd businessman as we well know, if he thinks Lampard's the man, then Lampard's the man. Webber wouldn't be batting for a 4th or 5th choice, he just wouldn't make those kinds of errors, at least he hasn't seemed to yet in his tenure with us.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

The name doesn't bother me, if he keeps us up then it's all good and well but I'd be perfectly happy with an absolute nobody (Farke) coming in as long as the result is the right one

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

A manager who can only manage youngster and nobodies because he can't handle a few egos? That's the epitaph on the headstone of Frank Lampard's Chelsea managerial career.

Like a few others here FL will get my full support. I couldn't really do anything else. He was a great footballer and clearly has a football brain. Maybe he can bring something fresh to the team and mostly a belief. If he can hypnotise this team to really start to believe in themselves and play to something near their full potential he will have achieved a brief. I

'm unconvinced whether he is the perfect match because I am conscious that I am still very influenced by a long term plan of growth and development (the idea of self financing, cautious, sustainable evolving development and  the bringing through of youth etc). But....Our short term needs are very stark and different. And we were stalling in the last few months. No time to stall in the PL.

No official announcement yet but everything points to Lamps (which is what I am going to call him because it amuses me as if I was some Cockney or Estuary-speaking fella).

OTBC

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Game On!

As I noted before - reminds of John Bond joining (we were in trouble then too - went down and straight back up).

No Little 'ol Norwich any more.

Media darlings - but all in all both the squad, Webber and now Lamps have something to prove. 

Lots of Sunday games we will be on SKY every week 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I go the games with my old man and father-in-law and they'd be pretty p*ssed off if I stopped going. That's the only thing keeping me going

After past few years I'm thankful being back at the ground and among the lads again.  I guess some people place bigger demands on their happiness.  Wish you well, anyway.

With any manager (or player for that matter), think there is a time and a place where it works, players/fans believe in you and you get the best out of everyone... maybe Frank comes in and gets a good start, Southampton, Wolves and Newcastle and it just works.

The benefits of Lampard is probably similar to Beckham, two players that were 100% dedicated to training and got to a world class level through repetition. 

But I have doubts on his tactical skills and general football IQ, he might have had great football IQ in his position but his record doesn't suggest he can get the best out of the sides he has managed.

Edited by Baracouda

1 minute ago, king canary said:

By far.

Frank Lampard is globally famous.

One of the most successful ever players in the worlds most watched league, 106 England caps.

He's not only the biggest name managerial appointment but the biggest named individual to be involved in our club at any capacity on or off the pitch. Whole new level above Stephen Fry, Delia Smith, Martin O'Neill and Martin Peters. 

This appointment raises our profile globally, its absolutely brilliant. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I think Frank can keep us up, but expect the team to run out of steam fairly quickly next season.  However Frank will probably already be on to his next role by then.  Interesting times.

I can live with that. With this appointment it would have been a mistake to plan any further ahead than the end of this season.   

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Realistically in the immediate aftermath, those individual moments were infuriating and depressing, but then you wake up the next morning and look ahead to the next game or the next season. I personally was really excited about being in League One, it was a brand new experience supporting the club and one I'm delighted to have gone through. I'm not in the least bit excited about supporting Norwich now.

Try prozac.

Honestly don’t understand the reactions here.

As it stands we are absolutely nailed on favourites for relegation. Staying up would be nothing short of football miracle territory.

What manager were you expecting?

Lampards teams are generally considered to play good football, his record is fine, especially in context of what he was doing. He can bring through young talent and manage egos. He’s high profile for our club, he was recently managing an EPL Champions League Club and he’ll arguably be one of if not the most high profile “names” we’ve ever had in charge.

Presumably he either keeps us up or will take us in the Championship with the expectation of competing and returning. Which is win win for me presuming he shows he can take us forward this year.

I honestly don’t get the comments, is it just the Farke hangover?

• Like 3