Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

For Duncan Forbes fans

Glenn Hoddle was interviewed on 5 Live yesterday to promote his new book. 

He said he made his debut as a sub at Carrow Road and accidentally caught Duncan's nose with his elbow. There was quite a lot of blood. 

While Duncan was being cleaned up Martin Chivers walked up to Hoddle and told him to stay in his own half for the rest of the game 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

I believe Kevin Keegan also mentioned Dunc in a book.

Yes he did. He punched Duncan right in front of the Barclay. Duncan patted him on the head. But I don't think that was the incident Keegan wrote about. 

In the 80s Big Dunc used to play Sunday league for Unity Emeralds. I remember watching a young lad roasting Duncan for pace. On the young lad's jaunt back past him, Duncan said to him words to the effect that if he did it once more he'd have trouble walking ever again! Suffice to say this kid went nowhere near him for the rest of the game

I think Kevin Keegan's words in his book were along the lines that the fixtures against City were the first he looked for when the list came out as he knew that within ten minutes of the start of those two games he'd be lying on the turf with a faceful of mud, hurting somewhere, with a big Scotsman looking down on him saying 'Sorry about that wee laddie'.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Yes he did. He punched Duncan right in front of the Barclay. Duncan patted him on the head. But I don't think that was the incident Keegan wrote about. 

Duncan was named by Keegan as his most feared opponent I recall. He complained about never being able to get away from him.

I think the phrase I've heard that best describes Duncan goes something like ...."YOU may be able to get past me ....and you may be able to get the BALL past me ....but not at the same time"

• Haha 1