Cannot believe the amount of people on here saying they'd happy with him. Dean Smith? Dean ****ing Smith!!?

You clueless bumpkins make me sick!

All the best. Keith.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Cannot believe the amount of people on here saying they'd happy with him. Dean Smith? Dean ****ing Smith!!?

All the best. Keith.

Who would you like Keith? 

He would probably want Smith to join us. Most Ipswich fans would laugh their **** off if we appoint someone who has just lost 5 on the bounce.

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He would probably want Smith to join us. Most Ipswich fans would laugh their **** off if we appoint someone who has just lost 5 on the bounce.

and won 2 games since January.

38 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

All the best. Keith.

Have you shrunk?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Who would you like Keith? 

Over Dean Smith i would take Knutsen, Lampard, Farke, Favre, Big Sam, Steve Bruce, Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder (r.i.p), Christian Gross, Bob Bradley, Delia Smith.

Dean Smith is rooted in Villa, dull as ditch water, and would be an unmitigated disaster.

Cannot believe there are actual Norwich fans who would be happy with Dean ****ing Smith!

All the best. Big K.S.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Over Dean Smith i would take Knutsen, Lampard, Farke, Favre, Big Sam, Steve Bruce, Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder (r.i.p), Christian Gross, Bob Bradley, Delia Smith.

Dean Smith is rooted in Villa, dull as ditch water, and would be an unmitigated disaster.

Cannot believe there are actual Norwich fans who would be happy with Dean ****ing Smith!

All the best. Big K.S.

So you feel strongly against Smith, but I was seriously asking who you want? 

Of the names mentioned Knutsen sounds the most interesting to me. I'd be happy to give Lampard a chance. Mark Robins at a push. But not Dean Smith. Never Dean Smith. I'd rather have Russell 'he bleeds yellow and green so it's ok that he's ****' Martin, over Dean ****ing Smith! Look at the man's hair for a start. 

All the best. K. Scott.

Isn’t it great that people actually create these personas and take time to post ? I think Big Keith is quite funny . 

My only concern is that this probably emanates from someone with very little social interaction . Almost certainly low self esteem . Sort of words that pop into my head are Overweight, Balding and Breathless. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Sort of words that pop into my head are Overweight, Balding and Breathless. 

I would imagine that's a fairly safe bet for most of us on here... 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Of the names mentioned Knutsen sounds the most interesting to me. I'd be happy to give Lampard a chance. Mark Robins at a push. But not Dean Smith. Never Dean Smith. I'd rather have Russell 'he bleeds yellow and green so it's ok that he's ****' Martin, over Dean ****ing Smith! Look at the man's hair for a start. 

All the best. K. Scott.

You're going threepennybit - half-a-crown post by post...

Farke and our system ultimately got found out by good analysis and tactical planning by the other premier league teams.  Knutsen’s team in Norway has done really well, I think he is clearly a great coach and has built a side based on solid coaching.  Is that really going to get us out of the bottom 3 half way through a season.  Seems unlikely.  I know he can recruit new people and learn new skills but that takes time and is risky.  I would be surprised if Webber is seriously close to choosing Knutsen based on some good results in Europe, and above average performance in Norway.  I guess time will tell.

Dean Smith would be ok. A little underwhelming but he’s still a decent manager who I might add did a number on us when we played Villa in the premier league and has consistently had them above us, even though I felt we had a better side than them last time. 

The managerial merry-go-round emphasises, above all, that you can never predict these things. What works for one man at one club fails to come off at another.

Look at Moyes. Proving to be the best of fits at West Ham, but fails elsewhere. The parallels are constant. Some luck also comes into it. Players, inherited or bought, need to fit in as well in order to create the fair wind that the likes of Lambert benefitted from at City, but nowhere else.

Smith was highly regarded as Brentford's assistant, and did well enough when he acquired the reins there to excite Villa's interest. That he seems to have lost his way since Grealish left and his big-money signings have failed to live up to expectations is a familiar story.

Smith could well be a good fit at NCFC as he seems the right sort and is tactically aware.

I'd prefer Lampard though as such an appointment, far from a typical Norwich one, could see a big move in directions never before explored, including up the play-list of MotD🤫

At the end of the day Frank might fit. Dean might fit. Who know? 

I'd be wary of Knutsen though. He could well be the best of the three but his ignorance of the Premier League game at this crucial time could spell disaster. 

In six months time we might regret not taking that risk, especially with a season in the Championship ahead of us.

Webber still thinks we have a chance of survival. We do, but we'd all say that, wouldn't we?

Edited by BroadstairsR

18 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Why is it that, after reading Keith Scott’s opinion of Smith, I’d now be more happy with his appointment…?

I was about to post the same comment when I saw this! Funny that? 

13 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Other than the Scandinavian guy none of them inspire me with much hope 

Interesting as you probably hadn’t heard of him before last week 

13 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Smith's with his family in New York (family post on Twitter) so not him it would seem.

New York three quarters of a mile © Michael Hill-King :: Geograph Britain  and Ireland 

Next County North?....

Edited by Mello Yello

I think that after being sacked from a job any manager needs at least a few months off  for rest, recuperation  and reflection before taking over at any new club.

They can then come in refreshed with new ideas. Dean Smith could be a good manger for Norwich but not at this moment.